Photo

Real Nerf Grenade.

It may be from HQ, but you gotta see this.

11 replies to this topic

#1 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 05:01 PM

I was looking over at HQ, (have'nt gotten around to signing up yet), and I saw this topic about a nerf grenade. It is pretty much all nerf. It is made out of a nerf football, and mousetraps, and all four simultaneously detonate upon impact, and about 30-50 little foam discs fly out about 10 feet around. It is'nt a huge 'explosion', but I think it is great. Anyway, here it is. Cool, right?
QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#2 g-force

g-force

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 05:10 PM

That is very cool. although i would worry the mouse traps would snap my fingers that could be solved by covering them with sections of foam that would fly off upon detonation.
QUOTE(Carbon @ Jul 28 2008, 03:25 AM) View Post

My god, you actually built it. To that, all I can say is, "bravo".

Chubbs

#3 Ro-Sham-Bo

Ro-Sham-Bo

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 05:31 PM

Thats pretty cool. If it was it bit bigger and fired stefans though, that would be a machine of pure death.
QUOTE(baghead @ Dec 31 2008, 07:58 PM) View Post

Wait a second? a Canadian National team... just won at Hockey!?

who would have ever seen that coming?

#4 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 05:54 PM

Well, he said it fired little foam discs. So I bet that you could just decrease the amount of rounds fired out of it, but make them larger, (Like 1/2 inch or so) and weight them, and they would go a bit farther. But I like just 50 pieces of shrapnel going 10 feet more. This just seems so much more like a grenade, and it is very reusable.
QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#5 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 05:55 PM

The words real and Nerf don't work well together.

Using mousetraps and foam footballs to shoot chunks of foam doesn't seem that great to me; I'm not sure why. Maybe it's the total lack of practicality or just the fact that there's nothing cool about it.
SexD Warves

#6 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 08:51 PM

Looks like a injury waiting to happen...
[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#7 Predalien Ro

Predalien Ro

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 09:23 PM

I gotta agree with Galaxy over there, plus it look too bulky. I actually just finish testing a prototpye, and I think I got something more effective and much lighter as far as a greande goes. I hope it can satify everyone expectaions for when they think of a greande....
Toilet paper is for your ass, not your nerf gun.
Try craft foam if you want to add cushioning to the handle.

#8 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 10:49 PM

That's a tall order Ro. I personally don't think it's possible to make a good Nerf Grenade, I hope you prove me wrong.
[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#9 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 06:59 AM

I gotta agree with Galaxy over there, plus it look too bulky. I actually just finish testing a prototpye, and I think I got something more effective and much lighter as far as a greande goes. I hope it can satify everyone expectaions for when they think of a greande....

Good job on your spelling.

There's no place for a grenade in nerf.
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#10 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 10:43 AM

When is somebody going to make a mouse-trap powered NERF grenade?

And the saga began...

But seriously, I would hate carrying that thing around. It looks to easy to grab it wrong and set it off. It may not break bones, but won't feel good either.

Edited by imaseoulman, 03 May 2008 - 10:43 AM.

#11 eddieoctane

eddieoctane

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 12:16 PM

There's no place for a grenade in nerf.

I think a grenade that had a manageable size would find a welcome place. The use of something other than a high speed metal bar would be a plus. I really don't like writing off the idea of a nerf grenade altogether. They do have uses, albeit mostly situational.
C8H18

#12 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 10:32 PM

Even if a nerf doesn't fire shrapnel everywhere, maybe it could be used as a last-resort if you don't have time to reload. It could just be a ball for you to throw at someone if they charge you when your gun is empty.

But anyway, that's a sweet design, very creative!
I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users