Photo

Small Screws

3 replies to this topic

#1 MrNerf

MrNerf

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 03:48 PM

I'm having trouble getting the tiny screws off some of my dart guns so I can practice mods: I was wondering if there's a way that saves a lot of time and effort. (Even my 2 inch screwdriver is a pain)

#2 Maeric

Maeric

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 04:49 PM

Well, you can dill through it...

I find that it helps if you push the screwdriver against your chest, hold the gun with one hand and turn the screwdriver with the other. Sorry if that doesn't make sense. I can't type!
Active on H3Artificer as Halacar. GT: Halacar send me an invite if you wanna forge.
I'm amazing at Forza3! I destroyed the engine of a 2mil C car by downshifting! YAY!
I hate you. And all noobs who are like "OMFG i r liek, glued sh1t 2 shit. jak offf ma ego. NAOW!"

#3 penguin807

penguin807

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 05:02 PM

I'm unsure of your problem. Is it that your screwdriver is too wide to fit down the hole with the screw in it? Or is it that all your screwdrivers are too big for the screw head?

Regardless, just buy a good set of screwdrivers and you won't have this problem anymore. I have this one and the bottom 2 fit most if not all of the screws in Nerf guns.

Or if those 2 aren't your problem, use a "diamond wheel" Dremel attachment and cut where the 2 halves of the gun meet where the screw is. OTAN may still be selling them

Edited by penguin807, 30 April 2008 - 05:03 PM.

#4 Ubermensch

Ubermensch

• Members
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 06:06 AM

Well, you can dill through it...

I find that it helps if you push the screwdriver against your chest, hold the gun with one hand and turn the screwdriver with the other. Sorry if that doesn't make sense. I can't type!

That's exactly what I do. I thought I was a weirdo, but, eh, I guess not.

On topic:

It is a waste of time to drill through the screw. I got a combination screwdriver with a ratchet, which makes it much, much easier to unscrew anything.
"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."-Carl Sagan
Nerf Rocket Air Launcher

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users