Lesson #1

14 replies to this topic

#1 themessiahpsg1

themessiahpsg1

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 07:47 AM

Posted Image
on the left, a clip off .303 British for a Lee-Enfield.
on the right, a magazine.

there is a difference.

it seriously bugs the hell out of me when something is labeled what it is not.

class dismissed.

Edited by themessiahpsg1, 30 April 2008 - 07:48 AM.

OIC of 34th Light Combat Battalion, Talk to me about enlistment.

#2 taita cakes

taita cakes

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 08:23 AM

Sweet, I always knew the one of the left was a magazine, now I have a second opinion.
Oh Kentucky, you are so fuggin awesome...

#3 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 08:27 AM

These are nerf guns so... who gives a shit?
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#4 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 08:35 AM

I don't think people will stop calling them clips just because of this. It bugs me too, but I often call them clips when I am talking about nerf guns. So many people don't care that they are different. This is like me making a topic telling people to stop cursing. It just wouldn't have any effect.
Your dreams were tight like a baby

SGM's Shred Shop -Mod Service

NerfHaven's resident drama queen.

#5 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 08:56 AM

Clips are used to refill magazines, the Lee-Enfield has a built-in magazine so that's why you reload it with clips instead of magazines, same with the M1 Garand.

I doubt we'll be calling Magazine's Clips if it wasn't for the swamp of WWII games. B)
[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#6 eddieoctane

eddieoctane

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 08:58 AM

Posted Image
on the left, a clip off .303 British for a Lee-Enfield.
on the right, a magazine.

there is a difference.

it seriously bugs the hell out of me when something is labeled what it is not.

class dismissed.

So are you going to correct everyone for using the word "turret" instead of cylinder"? Don't be a douche bag. We know what people mean. Go home and cry.
C8H18

#7 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 09:09 AM

We know what people mean. Go home and cry.

People would know what I meant if I said "plz hlp! i am a n00b. thx " That doesn't make it ok to use here. Just because something is accepted doesn't make it right.
Your dreams were tight like a baby

SGM's Shred Shop -Mod Service

NerfHaven's resident drama queen.

#8 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 09:42 AM

No man has the right to tolerate any other...

So quit whining. A "NERF clip" (according to the online NERF dictionary) is a device that holds and advances, either dependently or independently, NERF darts to be fired from a NERF blaster.

There, now that you realize that clip has more than one definition, don't let it bother you anymore.

#9 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 10:07 AM

Okay, so how does the one on the left get loaded into the gun again?

The first full auto Nerf gun was called a Powerclip. If the design and marketing teams at Hasbro don't really care enough to call it a Powermag, then you can't really expect us to get all pedantic over it. I doubt many people on this forum have fired an actual magazine fed firearm, and I'm sure those who have don't call it a clip because of something they read on a nerf forum. If it bothers you that much, you probably shouldn't be hanging around on a forum full of teenagers playing with kiddie toys.

Edited by Langley, 30 April 2008 - 10:08 AM.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#10 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 10:34 AM

Thank you Langley.

If you REALLY want to take this game to it's most minute detail, you know that Hasbro NEVER calls any of it's Nerf products, "guns". They are BLASTERS. Nerf BLASTERS that utilize CLIPS to hold darts (not bullets) to shoot at things BESIDES PEOPLE.

No one else (I hope) gets their tighty-whities in a bunch over terminology shortcomings. It used to irritate me to no end (having made similar comments and seen at least one or two threads on the "clip vs. magazine" debate).

I'm over it now. But it's best to leave it at this;

"You can tell who is a total newbie from an experienced Nerfer just by the terminology they use; i.e., calling nerf darts or Stefans "bullets" = NOOB".

There are others, but I'll save them for other occasions.

Actually, ANY attempt to try to bring up an argument over Nerf blasters by the firearm experiences while playing first-person shooter games (or any war type video GAME), marks someone in my book as a total gamer dweeb gremmie doofus.

This is NerfHaven. For NERFERS. Just frackin' Nerf already.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#11 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 11:09 AM

Thank you Langley.

If you REALLY want to take this game to it's most minute detail, you know that Hasbro NEVER calls any of it's Nerf products, "guns". They are BLASTERS. Nerf BLASTERS that utilize CLIPS to hold darts (not bullets) to shoot at things BESIDES PEOPLE.

No one else (I hope) gets their tighty-whities in a bunch over terminology shortcomings. It used to irritate me to no end (having made similar comments and seen at least one or two threads on the "clip vs. magazine" debate).

I'm over it now. But it's best to leave it at this;

"You can tell who is a total newbie from an experienced Nerfer just by the terminology they use; i.e., calling nerf darts or Stefans "bullets" = NOOB".

There are others, but I'll save them for other occasions.

Actually, ANY attempt to try to bring up an argument over Nerf blasters by the firearm experiences while playing first-person shooter games (or any war type video GAME), marks someone in my book as a total gamer dweeb gremmie doofus.

This is NerfHaven. For NERFERS. Just frackin' Nerf already.

-Piney-

^ Piney wins

Honestly...Why is it so Fucking hard for people to recognize NERF as FUCKING NERF...it's not the same damned thing as a real gun, a paintball marker, or a fucking airsoft gun...it's a Nerf Action Blaster biatch.

Who cares what you call a clip/magazine as long as it shoots foam it's good here.

Although I do have to say I always feel compelled to slap or physically harm anyone who nerfs and calls their darts bullets. (trust me, I've threatened to stab my own Clanmates because of it...)

But that's beyond the point.

Edited by baghead, 30 April 2008 - 11:13 AM.

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#12 themessiahpsg1

themessiahpsg1

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 11:23 AM

Point(s) taken.

however, about 'details'...

How can you say that details aren' important? Some kid made his recon to look like an M16a4, another, an m107 Barrett 'Light' .50. apparently, someone does care about detail.

Delete this thread please.
OIC of 34th Light Combat Battalion, Talk to me about enlistment.

#13 Ambience 327

Ambience 327

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 11:38 AM

Actually, I believe the M16 and the Barrett were both done by the same guy. (xNFx 37)

Just, you know, paying attention to the details. B)

Edited by Ambience 327, 30 April 2008 - 11:39 AM.

Foam in the Fort IV
The fourth exciting Nerf War in Fort Wayne, IN.

#14 Predalien Ro

Predalien Ro

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 12:49 PM

And people say I post stupid topics, sorry man, but no one is gonna fallow your rule just cause your whining about it. The only TRUE word around here is VACC, and EVERYBODY here know, you do not fuck with him.
Toilet paper is for your ass, not your nerf gun.
Try craft foam if you want to add cushioning to the handle.

#15 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 12:52 PM

I believe everything that needs to be said has already been said at this point.

Closed.

~ompa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users