Cliptek Mod!

Almost 100% done

3 replies to this topic

#1 Flantre

Flantre

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 08:55 PM

Well this would be my second write up if you count my crossfire shield, so I thought that a more complex mod write up was needed. This isn't a completely finished product so, I will either post again with the next steps or just update the first post. Well onto the mod!

Open up your cliptek the internals should look like this. I added fbr to a few places to help silence the gun.

Posted Image

Even if you don't want to silence your gun I must recommend adding Fbr around the stock barrel like so.

Posted Image

This will make sure the barrel stays still.

Next take out the plunger and wrap e-tape around it then add a size 13 o-ring. You might also want to replace the spring. ( I used a double shot spring) That should look something like this.

Posted Image

Now put the gun back together and you should see a range increase. The next part of this mod will be internal banding and possibly a PVC barrel replacement.

#2 bogboogalars

bogboogalars

• Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 08:56 PM

If you have a macro mode on your camera I suggest you use it.

Edited by bogboogalars, 27 April 2008 - 08:56 PM.

#3 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 12:42 AM

Or don't put the object so close to the lens and zoom into it instead.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#4 OberonFox

OberonFox

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 08:55 AM

There are various free or extremely cheap image alteration programs, like Gimp ,out there if you can't afford Photoshop. All of them have a crop feature. Take your picture at maximum resolution from a distance that will allow full focus of whatever you're taking the picture of, and then crop and resize to appropriate web proportions.

Personal pet peeve (besides shitty cameramanship) = People who post unfinished write-ups. Just wait until you have the whole damn thing done already.
"I wish in the past I had tried more things 'cause now I know that being in trouble is a fake idea."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users