Photo

Removable Shotgun Mod.

A shotgun attachment that is removable. Who could have guessed?

15 replies to this topic

#1 Dr Moose

Dr Moose

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 07:54 PM

This was just a small experimental project that I decided to do a few months ago because I wanted a shotgun big blast, but I wanted to be able to use a regular barrel also.

The material you will need are,

- hacksaw and mitre box
- 1 1/2' feet PETG cut into six 3" sections
- e-tape
- 1/2" pvc
- buttloads of hot glue
- plumbers goop
- the top part of a mav turret
- a 1 1/2" to 1/2" reducing bushing and a big pvc fitting that one side is threaded and the other side fits the
reducing bushing loosely (If anyone can help with the name, that'd be great)
Posted Image
Posted Image

First, we are going to work on the barrels.

This first step I do not have pics for, so I will try to explain it. Take the top part of your maverick turret and
place it on the top part of the big pvc thing. (the threaded side) Take one of your 3" lengths of pvc and put it in one of the turret holes. half of it should be sticking out the top, and half should be sitting on the bottom lip inside the pvc thing. make sure your PETG is straight and mark with a sharpie where you can first see the PETG coming out of the turret. Measure from the bottom part of the PETG to the mark and write it down.

Next, take your marked piece of PETG and wrap a few layers of e-tape just under the mark. It should have a semi-snug fit in the turret. take your remaining pieces of petg and measure out what you wrote down before, and do the same thing until you have done it to all six.
Posted Image

Here they are in the turret.
Posted Image

Take a segment of 1/2" pvc that is just as long as the part of PETG that sticks out the bottom put a little foam inside, and hot glue the foam in. while the glue is still hot, stick it on the little nub on the under side of the turret. This pic already has the barrels in it.
Posted Image

Now, once your pvc piece is on, you need to goop the barrels in. These NEED to be air tight, so it is critical that you use goop. Goop aorund where the tape is. Same pic.
Posted Image

Next you need to take your finished turret assembly and goop it into the top of the big pvc thing, leaving no space where it is not gooped. (Use excess amounts of goop, the you can even it out with your finger.)
leave it to dry 24-48 hours, but don't let your barrels move around while they are drying.

Once that is dry, bust out your hot glue gun. you will need tons of glue sticks for this. you need to put glue in all the empty space around the barrels. I know, I know, it's sexy.
Posted Image

Now take your reducing bushing over to the mitre box, and cut off half of the back end. This is essential in letting the air from your gun flow to the barrels. Once you have cut it in half, but loads of goop around the sides, and then slide it in the back of big assembly.
Posted Image

Now all you need to do is glue a stub of 1/2" pvc into the back of the shotgun turret and let the whole thing dry.

Pics of the finished product.
Posted Image
Posted Image
On the gun it was made for.
Posted Image
On a SNAP.
Posted Image
The darts don't go very far on the snap, but the turret looks more natural on it.

I am pleased with the result of this turret. It took little effort and time, and is fun to use. It can be used with any gun that can output large amounts of air, such as titans, blast bazookas, national geo guns, possibly even the plus bow. I apoligize for the lack of picks in some parts, but it didn't strike me to take pics of certain things until after they were glued and stuff. Oh well, enjoy!
QUOTE(Forsaken_angel24 @ Apr 29 2008, 01:24 AM) View Post

QUOTE(Kid Flash @ Apr 27 2008, 06:11 PM) View Post

What is the best way to go at removing a stump without any power tools? Thanks ahead of time!

Be a man! Use your hands!

#2 Silencer

Silencer

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 07:59 PM

Good job. Even on the big blast it looks good. One question though: What are the ranges?
TMC

#3 OfAllTheNerf

OfAllTheNerf

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 08:03 PM

Nice, and by the looks of it it's a slip coupler (?). I would also be interested in ranges, especially on the Big Blast.

-OfAll'
[color=#FF6600][Finesse]-[BitchX]

#4 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 08:11 PM

Good job. The turret itself looks real nice.
For future picture taking, use the macro feature on your camera, it will focus much better close up.

#5 Green-Buckshot

Green-Buckshot

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 08:53 PM

I love that all the mods from the Titan are being transfered to the BBBB/ LBB. In my humble opinion, the LBB/ BBBB is better than the Titan anyway.
QUOTE(A side of nerf @ May 18 2008, 12:33 PM) View Post

Also, could you post some more revealing pictures?

#6 Dr Moose

Dr Moose

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 03:08 PM

I range tested today.

Big blast - The shortest dart landed 25 feet, the longest landed 39 1/2 feet.
SNAP - All the darts went about 12 feet or less. :P

Edited by Dr. Moose, 27 April 2008 - 03:08 PM.

What is the best way to go at removing a stump without any power tools? Thanks ahead of time!

#7 pulletman

pulletman

• Banned
  • 156 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 10:41 PM

I range tested today.

Big blast - The shortest dart landed 25 feet, the longest landed 39 1/2 feet.
SNAP - All the darts went about 12 feet or less. :P

Posted Image
QUOTE(Ro-Sham-Bo @ Mar 28 2008, 08:28 PM) View Post

(Never heard an old woman scream so loud) -Don't sigg that

QUOTE(Crimmy @ Apr 23 2008, 09:31 AM) View Post

i'm retarded

#8 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 11:05 PM

What the hell?
QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#9 Dr Moose

Dr Moose

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 02:39 PM

What the heck was that pic all about?

#10 sputnik

sputnik

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 02:43 PM

Why hasn't pulletman been banned yet?
Even n-strike wasn't that bad.
tcambre on IRC.

<3

#11 eddieoctane

eddieoctane

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 03:19 PM

What they hell does Guy Fawkes have to do with a shotgun? Maybe if today was November 5th, but it isn't.

I think this is pretty cool. A 15ft difference in max and min dart is a bit peculiar, though. What about were the ranges of the other darts? If 1 fell really short and the others all got close to 40, that's nice. If they are all over the place, the shotgun becomes kind of useless. You are only getting 1-2 darts to the target, and the rest fall short.

Also, it looks like all of the barrels aren;t seated perfectly straight. looking and the image of the back of the cut down mav cylinder inside the PVC, it looks like an angled barrel could act like an AR, and kill the range of the barrel. But I don't know. It could just be the way I am seeing it.
C8H18

#12 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 03:33 PM

He hasn't been banned yet because he hasn't done anything *exceptionally* retarded yet. It's also because VACC has been quite busy, and my tolerance for stupidity is a bit higher than his. Also, his posts aren't in blatant violation of the CoC, for the most part. Rest assured, if he pulls anything that is deemed exceptionally stupid under my standards, he's gone. He hasn't quite reached that yet, although this one gets pretty close.

Eddieoctane is right; that sort of spread might be caused by a leak. Alternatively, if one dart leaves the barrel first, the rest won't go as far, if at all. That's the problem with having one air source firing multiple barrels; if the darts don't leave at the same time, there will be a considerable difference in power.

~ompa

#13 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 03:49 PM

I think this mod is really cool. You can still put single barrels in there because it is a coupler, right? I'm not sure about that 15 ft. difference. And pulletman was banned at HQ like two months ago.
QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#14 Dr Moose

Dr Moose

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 05:05 PM

. You can still put single barrels in there because it is a coupler, right? I'm not sure about that 15 ft. difference.

Yes, you can still put a single barrel in there

About the 15 foot difference, I cannot tell you why that is. I range tested this once, and I'm just tellin' you how it was, that was the ranges I got. I can go and range test again sometime this week if you guys want.

#15 pulletman

pulletman

• Banned
  • 156 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 05:15 PM

What they hell does Guy Fawkes have to do with a shotgun? Maybe if today was November 5th, but it isn't.

Guy Fawkes is the organizer of the failed gunpowder plot to blow up parliament in england, and so, has been called the original Effeminate fail guy, therefore with the piss-poor ranges and the fact that darts hardly spread when shotgunned like that it is an Effeminate FAIL.
QUOTE(Ro-Sham-Bo @ Mar 28 2008, 08:28 PM) View Post

(Never heard an old woman scream so loud) -Don't sigg that

QUOTE(Crimmy @ Apr 23 2008, 09:31 AM) View Post

i'm retarded

#16 Cmdrmack

Cmdrmack

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 29 April 2008 - 12:11 AM

So you combined an internet meme with a historical event?

Normally, I would applaud the connection,

but:

a)you posted a picture, rather than the name, making the reference even more obscure
b)you've completely misinterpreted the motivations behind the "gunpowder plot"
c)his larger goal was met, so in spite of the failure of Parliament to explode and his eventual hanging, he did not "fail."
d)there is absolutely no connection between range issues and the increased political power of Catholics during a time when Protestants controlled the British government.

Good idea, poor execution.
QUOTE(Predalien_Ro @ Apr 7 2008, 10:24 PM) View Post

Oompa: FECES!? Who in their right mind would try that shit!?

Bigger Salvo

{FWPC}

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users