Custom Song For Guitar Hero 2

can it done on rock band? and How?

2 replies to this topic

#1 MrNerf

MrNerf

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 03:07 PM

I've seen many custom guitar hero 2 songs, and I thought that was pretty cool, like killer tofu:

Is it possible to do this for rock band? And is it easy?

#2 Axelion burnout

Axelion burnout

• Members
  • 292 posts
  • State:California

Posted 26 April 2008 - 06:08 PM

As of now, there is no way to make custom songs for Rock Band.

Even if you could it would not be easy, because it isn't easy for one instrument (GH2).

Scorehero- the place to go to learn how to make custom tracks if it ever happens.

Edited by Axelion_burnout, 26 April 2008 - 06:11 PM.

\,,/(^_^)\,,/

#3 kingkong

kingkong

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 09:56 PM

I have successfully modified Guitar Hero 2 for PS2 before, but all you are really doing is ripping the game disc to make an image file. The image file is edited in a program where the note charts are downloaded from the aforementioned scorehero.com and loaded into the program to line up with the mp3 of the song you have to somehow get. Then burn a new copy of the game. The way it works on PS2 is that you have to modify the PS2 to boot a certain way or (what I did was) buy a disc that you put into the disc drive and when it stops spinning and tells you on the screen to switch, you have to open the case or somehow otherwise switch the disc with your burned disc. Then the program boots up the game.

I have not been to the website in the while and don't know if they figured out how to get the mod to work on xbox, but modifying your xbox in any way will ban you from xbox live..... I know from experience :rolleyes:

So rock band having to have different note charts for different instruments is not too likely. I could be wrong though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users