Photo

Replacing Pumps

3 replies to this topic

#1 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 08:10 AM

So I plan on integrating some things into a hornet shell but I was wondering it I had the hornet pump unplugged, would it be able to blow the airtank or are all op valves just designed to work with every tank? Thanks for your help... This could very well be my new primary...

EDIT: Is there such a thing as a y barbed connector but with 3 instead of 2 leads? Like the pump goes to one but then there are 3 more to add tubes to...

Edited by Kid Flash, 26 April 2008 - 08:12 AM.

#2 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 09:34 AM

1. would it be able to blow the airtank or are all op valves just designed to work with every tank?

2. Is there such a thing as a y barbed connector but with 3 instead of 2 leads? Like the pump goes to one but then there are 3 more to add tubes to...

1. An OP valve is an OP valve and will vent at the designed pressure regardless of what it's used with. The Hornet OP valve is set somewhere around 35 psi.

2. Not in the barb size you'll need. The tubing size is rather obscure (5/32 or 4mm). Just use two tees.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#3 Maeric

Maeric

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 01:22 PM

I think what your looking for is a cross, but I don't think they have them in barbed, but I know they have them in Instant fittings.

McMaster part # 5779K786 Thats 1/4" tubing
Active on H3Artificer as Halacar. GT: Halacar send me an invite if you wanna forge.
I'm amazing at Forza3! I destroyed the engine of a 2mil C car by downshifting! YAY!
I hate you. And all noobs who are like "OMFG i r liek, glued sh1t 2 shit. jak offf ma ego. NAOW!"

#4 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 04:39 PM

Alrighty... So slug say that I am going to be using a smdtg for one or 2 of the guns... Do you happen to know if it will blow? Or just use trial and error and waste one? Thankyou maeric but I think ill just go with what slug said and use 2 "t" barbes and not have to order offline.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users