i tried modding it and...ran into some problems

1)- The rope gets in the way of closing the gun:
Posted Image

2)- The firing mechanism is screwed:

Before-Posted Image

After-(sorta sticks to that position when you fire)- Posted Image

3)- the barrell is a bit tough to cut off:
Posted Image

So I'm at least trying to get it it to fire again and get the barell off effectively

#2 Salmon

Salmon

• Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 02:52 PM

The Troubleshot is what it should be called, hahaha.

Alright glad I got that out. As far as the Doubleshot's rope, it looks like it was cut down, tied together, and covered with duct tape. That could be your problem. I recommend cuting down the ends so they don't stick out. On the barrel, you might be cutting into the screw or screw port. And the trigger looks like maybe you didn't put the trigger spring in. I think you might as well forget about it, though, because this gun looks pretty unfixable already.
Welcome to I-dont-care-isburg, population: me.
We're located in I-Don't-Give-a-Damn County, in scenic Shut-the-Hell-Up-achussets.
Maybe you're familiar with our annual charity drive where we ask for shit, and no one gives any.

#3 MrNerf

MrNerf

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 03:18 PM

Alright glad I got that out. As far as the Doubleshot's rope, it looks like it was cut down, tied together, and covered with duct tape. That could be your problem. I recommend cuting down the ends so they don't stick out.

actually the rope was untouched. It's just not in the right posistion.

#4 Shadowblade

Shadowblade

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 07:35 PM

HOLY COW...wat did you do to that barrel??? Haha. I agree with Salmon. You might want to check where you're cutting, otherwise you may have to cut through the screw (which won't be that much fun, but looks like you don't have much of a choice.) Or maybe you just need to keep going at it, perhaps with a hacksaw.

As for the internals, a lot of ppl seem to have problems with this gun. I have two DS myself. Just make sure you put EVERYTHING back where it came from. Make sure the springs are all there.

As a side note...I wouldn't bother even trying to fix the gun now...not in that condition, but you can try.
Proverbs says, "The wise man doth not shoot the Viking in the ding ding for he shall pummel thee."

But you can totally shoot Vacc there, he loves it!

~Talio

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users