Nerf101

My New Website

6 replies to this topic

#1 nerfer75

nerfer75

• Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 10:15 PM

So I created my own Nerf website. And I am hoping for community participation.... that is, the forum section is for people to upload pictures and videos. I just finished it so I will be making revisions over the next couple of days. Anyone who wants to help out, feel free. --Nerf101--

Edited by nerfer75, 24 April 2008 - 04:16 PM.

---nerfer75---
And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.--Revelation 20:15

#2 Omega

Omega

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 10:19 PM

I might try it out, but I feel that I should point something out:

You misspelled "General".
QUOTE(Vishamon)
My rule is that those wearing a thong are considered to be invisible to other players.

#3 nerfer75

nerfer75

• Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 10:20 PM

I might try it out, but I feel that I should point something out:

You misspelled "General".

Whoops :blink: . Thanks
---nerfer75---
And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.--Revelation 20:15

#4 Thom

Thom

• Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 10:22 PM

And why exactly would someone post something on your site as opposed to here or NHQ? I'll tell you what I told the last person to start such a site: the internet has grown past "if you build it, they will come". Frankly, I don't see what your site offers to make people use it over the alternatives.

…except almost-semantic markup and proper separation of markup and CSS! Javascript's a mess, though, and the board software is soupy. But props for a more-than-decent job; don't think that no one notices when you do it right.

Edited by Thom, 23 April 2008 - 10:23 PM.

#5 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 10:44 PM

I don't see the point in you making your own Nerf forum. All you are doing is giving links to nearly everything that can be found either here or at NHQ, with the exception of your Rattler mod.

So many users in the past have done the exact same thing. You want to know what...they all have been abandoned by their creators, with a few exceptions that only a few remember. There is no need to make a new forum when there is the Haven and NHQ. If it is for your friends that you play with that are under the age limit to join here or NHQ, that is one thing. If it is a way to rebel against the strict rules here at NH, then I shall bet that Nerf101 won't make it to the end of the year, and by make it, I mean that it will be consistently active, not just existing.

Finally, why don't you put up a unique picture from your collection and not one you copied off of Nerf Center? Also, if you want your own forum, spell it right! "Froum" is just a bit on the wrong side.

Edited by badger, 23 April 2008 - 10:45 PM.

As Carbon once said,

"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

#6 Thomas

Thomas

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 08:39 AM

Foam Universe hasn't been abandoned, it's been running for a couple years now. We've got a small community, yes, but we're not dead (yet?).
Anyway, I've joined way too many forums to keep track of, but good luck with it.

#7 g-force

g-force

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 04:32 PM

So I created my own Nerf website. And I am hoping for community participation.... that is, the forum section is for people to upload pictures and videos. I just finished it so I will be making revisions over the next couple of days. Anyone who wants to help out, feel free. --Nerf101--

And this is mine
QUOTE(Carbon @ Jul 28 2008, 03:25 AM) View Post

My god, you actually built it. To that, all I can say is, "bravo".

Chubbs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users