Photo

Is It Only Me?

13 replies to this topic

#1 Crimmy

Crimmy

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 10:12 AM

I just can't open parts on some nerf guns... for me right now its a at2k barrel it just wont open... what the hell do i do? dremel the living hell out of it?

#2 ultra920

ultra920

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 10:39 AM

Opening the barrel? I have a 3k but not a 2k, but if you want to replace the barrels, you need to cut off the stock ones.
There is no Ultra, only a 920.

PSN: ultra920 MGO:ultra920 shoot me an MGO invite if you play

#3 Crimmy

Crimmy

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 10:41 AM

No i want to get into the barrel in order to a mod, i want to keep everything stock but i can't get into the damn thing.

#4 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 10:41 AM

What do you mean you can't open the barrel? If you're more descriptive, maybe we can help you out. Usually gentle (firmly but not aggressively) prying does the trick.

#5 Crimmy

Crimmy

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 10:45 AM

What do you mean you can't open the barrel? If you're more descriptive, maybe we can help you out. Usually gentle (firmly but not aggressively) prying does the trick.

I can't get the four barrels off so i can replace them but i want to keep the barrels for a project i'm doing so i don't want to just rip them off or dremel the living hell out of it

#6 ultra920

ultra920

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 11:03 AM

I can't get the four barrels off so i can replace them but i want to keep the barrels for a project i'm doing so i don't want to just rip them off or dremel the living hell out of it

Thats the only way you can, cut them or pry them off. If your careful enough they would be reusable. Why do you need them anyway?

Try being more descriptive.

Edited by ultra920, 23 April 2008 - 11:03 AM.

There is no Ultra, only a 920.

PSN: ultra920 MGO:ultra920 shoot me an MGO invite if you play

#7 rokor

rokor

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 11:09 AM

What I did for my 3k was just getting a firm grip of one barrel and ripping it off. Im no macho man but it wasnt that difficult for me to do. If that doesnt work try twisting it to the side or take a sledge hammer to it.
"Sorry rokor...my cousin is gay too...it's okay...we're tolerant"
Talio in Shoutbox.

#8 Crimmy

Crimmy

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 11:31 AM

Well we know i'm retarded. guess who forgot to take the screw off in the middle.....

#9 Ambience 327

Ambience 327

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 11:52 AM

Oooh! Oooh! I know! Pick me!! B)

Don't you hate those moments - when you try so hard to do something, only to realise you've forgotten that one tiny (but all-important) detail? I know I do!!!

Don't worry, it happens to the best of us. Most of us just try not to post it to a web forum! :lol:
Foam in the Fort IV
The fourth exciting Nerf War in Fort Wayne, IN.

#10 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 12:41 PM

IIRC the screw does nothing. It's best if you just take a hacksaw and cut off the barrels.

Nevermind that, you CAN take the barrels off without a hacksaw, unscrew the middle screw, then try to pry the barrels away from the center from inside the tubes. Eventually one or two will get loose.

Edited by Galaxy613, 23 April 2008 - 10:47 PM.

[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#11 StephenColbert

StephenColbert

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 08:37 AM

My old airtech's barrels came off easily after I unscrewed the middle screw. The newer airtech's that I have bought recently are glued in. Just use some force and they should come off.

Edited by StephenColbert, 24 April 2008 - 08:38 AM.

Write me in for President!
Colbert 08'

#12 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 12:43 PM

Even among newer AT2K's, the difficulty of removing the barrels is hit and miss. Sometimes after removing the screws, they come right off. Sometimes you will be ripping the plastic to pieces with a pair of pliers. And sometimes you have to dremel out the inside of the barrel stub because there was not humanly possible way to get it out.

#13 pulletman

pulletman

• Banned
  • 156 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 10:27 PM

i'm retarded

added that hilarious quote to my signature, while playing with my butthole

And to be more on topic, my AT3K turrets won't budge, I unscrewed the screw.

Edited by pulletman, 24 April 2008 - 10:38 PM.

QUOTE(Ro-Sham-Bo @ Mar 28 2008, 08:28 PM) View Post

(Never heard an old woman scream so loud) -Don't sigg that

QUOTE(Crimmy @ Apr 23 2008, 09:31 AM) View Post

i'm retarded

#14 Ubermensch

Ubermensch

• Members
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 06:26 AM

You haven't tried prying it apart with a flathead screwdriver? I find it hard to believe, otherwise.
"In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe."-Carl Sagan
Nerf Rocket Air Launcher

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users