Photo

Barrel That Shoots Stock And Stefans.

11 replies to this topic

#1 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 05:19 PM

Im sure someone has probably done this before, but I found a neat way to shoot stefans and stock darts, and not just stick the stock dart in the end of the barrel. On this barrel, the darts go all the way down, and it has a good fit at the bottom. The way you do this is get 8 inches of PVC, and 3 inches of petg or brass. Then you glue the petg or brass into the bottom of the PVC and you are done. This enables stock darts to slide all the way down the PVC, and also provides the tight fit on stefans that PVC does not provide.
Cool idea or stupid waste of a post?
QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#2 Renegademilitia15

Renegademilitia15

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 05:25 PM

Sounds ok but you'd have to build a mega long ramrod to do it.

Last I heard fingers aren't eight inches long. <_<
Singled RFS
FA_24's response to Ice's back pain thread:

I used to have that problem until I got circumcised. 15 pounds later I was able to stand up straight.

#3 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 05:49 PM

The stefans slide down fine, and the stock dars can be blown down easily.

#4 wilbyrum

wilbyrum

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 06:16 PM

Sounds like a good idea. Yet almost seems to me like it would be like the cosmetic barrels on the Longshots and Recons, meaning it would allow the stefans to bounce around in the barrel a little bit. But if someone didn’t have the ability to make a lot of stefans then this would be a good option for them to be able to switch off.
Any Nerfers in the Carolinas Pm me!

#5 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 06:26 PM

Read my name. Innability to make stefans is my middle name.

#6 Green-Buckshot

Green-Buckshot

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 07:53 PM

No, it's your full name, but if you really want to be specific, it's your 2/5 name :blink: .

Anyway, this looks like it would work, but I agree with wilbyrum. If you could find a way to prevent the darts from bouncing, this could be very useful indeed.

PS: Thanks for the kudos on my articles/ essays :D . I appreciate having a fan.
QUOTE(A side of nerf @ May 18 2008, 12:33 PM) View Post

Also, could you post some more revealing pictures?

#7 eddieoctane

eddieoctane

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 08:17 PM

Would some sort of couplered barrel work? Leave the part of the barrel that holds a stock dart fixed to the gun. You stick a stefan in the removable part of the barrel and push it in so the end of the stefan sits flush to the edge of the brass. However, since darts and stefans inherently have different diameters, something will bounce around. I can see something similar to what happens when you use the front gun on a LS. Maybe just 2 interchangeable barrels would work better.
C8H18

#8 BendyStraw

BendyStraw

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 10:26 PM

Great, I needed to ask about this.

I have the hardest time getting stock darts to work in long barrels. I am not allowed at the war I go to to use Stefans. I am also not allowed to use Converted Taggers with BBs or Hot Glue added. I've tried to use streamliners with my titan, but they careen to one side after I fire them, or they fishtail. I get the same unsatisfactory results with both 1/2" CPVC, and 9/16" plastic pipe. I'm not having much more luck with tagger darts with the heads cut off of them either. They don't fly straight, even when I fire them out of my airtech 2000 with 1/2" CPVC.

In fact, the barrels literally begin to tear holes in the darts as I fire them a few times. What am I doing wrong? Are my barrels too tight? Too loose? Am I pumping too much?

Can you even use stock taggers in a barrel with a ramrod? Do they fly close to straight at all? I just can't get them to do it. They grind their way up the sides of the barrel and fishtail.
What is the reccomended barrel width for getting stock darts to go inside longer (8 inches or so) barrels? If ramroding taggers into your barrel works, please let me know both what nerf gun you use and the exact diameter of the barrel.
WARNING - I'M BRUTALLY HARD TO READ!

#9 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 10:43 PM

In fact, the barrels literally begin to tear holes in the darts as I fire them a few times. What am I doing wrong? Are my barrels too tight? Too loose? Am I pumping too much?

I have the same problem with stock darts in my AT2K. I just modded it yesterday, and it works just fine, gets about 90 feet with 4 pumps. But when I do pump four times, the dart rips, even when it has a perfect fit, snug, but not at all tight. And Bemdystraw, how many times do you pump it? 4? If so, then I am pretty sure it just has to do with the power. Like in my titan, (11 inch PVC barrel with a coupler hot glued onto the original barrel) I pump it about 25 times, to grt full power, and the stock dart rips. Well, by ripping, I mean there is a vertical tear in the foam on the side, like you stabbed it with an exacto knife, and sliced about one half-inch down. The rips are only on one side, though. But for my titan, this barrel would work like a dream I think. My stefans are good for moderate-low power guns, and they just fishtail insanely and/or spin like a helicopter rotor. And Bendystraw, to answer the last question in your post, about the barrel legnth for stock darts, I would think that around 7 or 8 inches would be good. It gives them enough room to be accurate, but not enough room to slow them down and/or bounce around. (I think.)

~Bomberman

Edited by Bomberman, 17 April 2008 - 10:44 PM.

QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#10 xNFx 37

xNFx 37

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 10:48 PM

This isn't new. This is essential the same thing as a crayola in PVC, correct? Just with a different barrel material.
it also has a cock on it

-Chief

#11 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 10:10 AM

The stefans slide down fine, and the stock dars can be blown down easily.

It's called a couplered barrel... ever heard of it?
<!--quoteo(post=206428:date=Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM:name=Mukersman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mukersman @ Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Turd stefans. When I pulled these out of the pillow case i was just like, what... the... fuck...
Muker
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#12 BendyStraw

BendyStraw

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 10:30 AM

And Bendystraw, to answer the last question in your post, about the barrel legnth for stock darts, I would think that around 7 or 8 inches would be good. It gives them enough room to be accurate, but not enough room to slow them down and/or bounce around. (I think.)

~Bomberman

Sorry, but I was asking about barrel WIDTH, not length. Like, in order to get the dart tagger head in the barrel, how wide does it have to be to get a decent seal? Thing is, 1/2" CPVC and the 1/2" black plastic threaded pipe I use now have a difference in barrel width of a bout 1/16th of an inch. Neither will take the entire stock dart head.

I was wondering if you could get out a tape measure and tell me exactly how wide that barrel you're using is. I would really appreciate it, because I'm finding that either the head doesn't fit, or its too wide and the dart tip grinds its way up the barrel and fishtails.
WARNING - I'M BRUTALLY HARD TO READ!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users