Photo

Ls Vs Bbbb (both Modded Differently)

26 replies to this topic

Poll: Longshot + nf spring vs singeled bbbb (op not plugged)

I want to see what others think.

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 05:57 AM

Just what to so what everyone else thinks.
<!--quoteo(post=206428:date=Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM:name=Mukersman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mukersman @ Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Turd stefans. When I pulled these out of the pillow case i was just like, what... the... fuck...
Muker
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#2 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 06:20 AM

The poll might as well only have the Big Blast in it. It shoots really far, is extremely accurate, and is stupid simple to modify.
A coupler mod is just as good as a breech, and in some cases better.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 17 April 2008 - 06:21 AM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#3 Ambience 327

Ambience 327

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 06:48 AM

I have to disagree - but it is due to my circumstances. For me, a Longshot would beat out the Big Blast in almost any situation I will face. Why? Because we play indoors. There is only one room in the church where we play that a range greater than 60' would even mean anything. (That would be the sanctuary/auditorium.) In any other room or hallway, 60' is enough to go from wall to wall, and in most cases from corner to corner.

So in my case, the ROF of the Longshot versus the single-loading nature of a singled Big Blast makes the Longshot a no-brainer choice.

(The choice gets even easier when you consider the possibility of a solid integration in the Longshot. Slap a singled AT2K where the bipod was, or something similar, and you could even have access to that single, long ranged shot that the Big Blast offers - or at least a long enough range to hit anywhere in the Sanctuary!)
Foam in the Fort IV
The fourth exciting Nerf War in Fort Wayne, IN.

#4 Brummer

Brummer

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 07:50 AM

I agree with CS, following his mod, the Big Blast took me about a half an hour to mod. I attached 2 barrels together and made a flip breech, and I own my friends with Longshots. Plus, it's durable. I have never had any issues with it breaking, where as my Longshot has broken on multiple occasions, once right before a war and once during.

#5 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 08:03 AM

I already did, I was just wondering what everyone else thought.
<!--quoteo(post=206428:date=Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM:name=Mukersman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mukersman @ Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Turd stefans. When I pulled these out of the pillow case i was just like, what... the... fuck...
Muker

#6 Swords

Swords

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 09:41 AM

Since I also play indoors, the ROF of the longshot is more important than range. But there are times when your darts just don't fly fast enough. They can see it, and any retard can dodge it. But if your ROF isn't fast enough, you'll be trapping yourself in rooms trying to reload. Once your trapped in there, there's no getting out. So I think I would lean closer to the longshot.
SuperGeek.

#7 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 09:48 AM

Since I also play indoors, the ROF of the longshot is more important than range. But there are times when your darts just don't fly fast enough. They can see it, and any retard can dodge it. But if your ROF isn't fast enough, you'll be trapping yourself in rooms trying to reload. Once your trapped in there, there's no getting out. So I think I would lean closer to the longshot.

Well that's why you carry a side arm and travel in small fire squads. Regardless, an 4B in small indoor rooms is not only uneccesary, but potentially dangerous. What about something like a petg-ed 3k? That will give you a fair ROF when pinned down, and more than enough reach for any indoor venue.

VACC

#8 umdlancer

umdlancer

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 09:59 AM

It also depends on what sort of darts you're using. If you're playing with stock streamlines (or even basic CDT's), the extra range that the BBBB gives you isn't going to make any difference; you'd need to have weighted darts before accuracy surpasses volume of fire.

#9 Swords

Swords

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 10:12 AM

Well that's why you carry a side arm and travel in small fire squads. Regardless, an 4B in small indoor rooms is not only uneccesary, but potentially dangerous. What about something like a petg-ed 3k? That will give you a fair ROF when pinned down, and more than enough reach for any indoor venue.

Normally, I play with my SM1500 or MS because I like to use stealth and sneaking up behind people. I'm more of the loner that everyone hates. The other team traps my team in a room, only to find that I am out of the room flanking them from behind.
SuperGeek.

#10 Homestarune

Homestarune

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 10:58 AM

VACC

Ditto, having a modded 4b indoors is asking for trouble. In fact IMO its almost as stupid as taking a single shot modded titan in close quarters. In both cases, you could do some serious damage, and not to mention it's overkill.

Edited by Homestarune, 17 April 2008 - 10:59 AM.

We're not discouraging people from joining a Nerf forum, we're discouraging them from joining this forum. It's an important distinction because, frankly, we don't give a shit. The Haven was created to escape the idiotic masses, now they're all here. -cxwq

#11 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 12:08 PM

I only ever play outdoors, and usually on very large areas, like a couple archers+.
Muker

#12 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 12:16 PM

If you aren't going to do a full mod to the LS like Angel did, the 4B is the obvious choice.

~ompa

#13 Philote

Philote

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 01:31 PM

Well, I suppose it's up to the mod you choose to use, because each probably has it's own strengths and weaknesses.As your topic says: Modded differently.I would vote "neither" but I just love the longshot so much, I couldn't do it.
EPH!
What do I wnat for my birthday? The usual, money, a Xbox Game, and a throng of bearded men. You know, the usual stuff.

#14 chefdave

chefdave

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 03:13 PM

People grossly underestimate the range of the old 4b's. They can hold 20+ pumps and with the right barrel get well over 250ft.
QUOTE(VACC @ Jul 21 2009, 08:13 PM) View Post
QUOTE(crispy) View Post

Talio likes to eat his own shit.
It's a distinct possibility. But seriously, that's all you could come up with? You are a terrible Troll.

#15 Thom

Thom

• Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 03:57 PM

They aren't comparable. One has more ROF, the other range. Neither is better than the other.

#16 eddieoctane

eddieoctane

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 04:22 PM

I think it really depends on a variety of factors, such as circumstance and play style.

I really like the LS for ease of loading, RoF, it's appearance, and the fact that it really does offer an excellent platform for integrations. Range isn't everything So my vote goes to the LS. And if someone pulls off a functional drum magazine, the LS may get more favorable reviews.

And if you are moving in teams units, regardless of indoor or outdoor play, a large capacity, fast firing gun is always useful. I look at it this way: when a special forces team is in operation, they often employ various elements. A loser/overwatch provides recon and long range cover for the team. Riflemen make up most of the unit. Grenadiers have high explosives and specialty round for dealing with armor. Machine gunners carry weapons with high rates of fire and high ammo capacity, but lack accuracy and range overall. So the LS has its place (althought he Vulcan may change that. Time will tell).

They aren't comparable. One has more ROF, the other range. Neither is better than the other.

Exactly. Both have uses, but serve totally different purposes. People mistake the LS as a loser rifle because that is what NERF pretends it is.

Edited by eddieoctane, 17 April 2008 - 04:24 PM.

C8H18

#17 Omega

Omega

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 05:27 PM

The Big Blast would certainly be more war-effective. But since the BBBB would be banned, what's the point? Therefore, I said they both suck, since unless you have the time and skill to do an Angel breech or some similar mod, your LS already sucks.

Besides, this is in clear violation of the "no OMG WITCH GUNN IS BETTORZ threads" rule. WHY is it in Off-topic anyway? This should be in General Nerf, shouldn't it?
QUOTE(Vishamon)
My rule is that those wearing a thong are considered to be invisible to other players.

#18 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 06:42 PM

The Big Blast would certainly be more war-effective. But since the BBBB would be banned, what's the point? Therefore, I said they both suck, since unless you have the time and skill to do an Angel breech or some similar mod, your LS already sucks.

Besides, this is in clear violation of the "no OMG WITCH GUNN IS BETTORZ threads" rule. WHY is it in Off-topic anyway? This should be in General Nerf, shouldn't it?

Why is the BBBB banned from most wars? Could i use it without plugging the OP?
Muker

#19 PharaonArin

PharaonArin

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 07:53 PM

Why is the BBBB banned from most wars?

That shit will leave major welts. Like the kind of welts that bleed.

#20 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 07:56 PM

Don't BBBB's only really hurt when they're given long, single barrel replacements, and the pumps are plugged? Because I don't think a simple AR mod that allows stefan use would make it bad enough to ban.
I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

#21 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 07:58 PM

Only if your bruise easy. I accidentally hit Badger with my at around 13 pumps with a stefan pointing downwards. It hit him in-between the lips and nose. It hurts, but no welts.
Skitzo shot me in the head from maybe 25 feet with his and I didn't get a mark. Getting shot with a Titan from 60 feet or more (Titan kid :blink:) ricocheting off a tree barely gave me a welt.

But... I prefer the Big Blast over the Longshot. I'm more of a range and accuracy guy over ROF.

I'm polar opposite from Twitch.
Timothy M-Lick <3

#22 Omega

Omega

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 09:52 PM

Ice, seriously. If a gun gets 100' shooting at high velocity like CS', it should be banned. But don't take my word for it. Here's what Falcon said in his 'Geddon 2008 rules post:

Guns:
Singled Titans of any kind = Banned. No exceptions, save ball-firing titans.
Singled SM 5000's of any kind = Banned. Same as above.
Singled Big Blasts = Banned. I don't care what you say, Cxwq lost a trusty pair of goggles to a shot from one last year. Don't test me.

Believe me now?

Edited by Omega, 17 April 2008 - 09:53 PM.

QUOTE(Vishamon)
My rule is that those wearing a thong are considered to be invisible to other players.

#23 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 10:33 PM

That's because the west coasters are pansies.

VACC

#24 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 11:13 PM

I accidentally hit Badger with my at around 13 pumps with a stefan pointing downwards. It hit him in-between the lips and nose. It hurts, but no welts.

That's what you fuckin' shot me with? I thought you either broke my nose or broke a tooth. I could describe the feeling as when the dentist has to inject you with novacaine on the backside of your upper lip. It feels like the needle is coming out of your nose.

Back on topic, who fucking cares?!? There have been so many opinion threads lately, but I'll be nice and give my point of view.

The LS will degrade in quality over time for the most part and the darts move so slow that you could easily dodge them unless you are running toward the shooter. The only person I saw effectively use the LS is Death of the Four Horsemen.

As for the BBBB, it is clearly the better gun for range and accuracy, but the reload time sucks, especially if you are being rushed.

I'll stick to my Maxshot. The rate of fire is faster than the BBBB and the range is better than the LS and it is very accurate.
As Carbon once said,

"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

#25 Omega

Omega

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 11:22 PM

Yeah, but we know ice is a Longshot whore (telling it like it is), so Maxshots are unlikely. I'm looking for one, though. BBBB is a better gun, most know it. LSes

And VACC, it's really just Falcon who is making the rules. If it were up to me, I'd allow BBBBs in a war. Bring it, I welcome welts.

Hahaha, I love it. Badger's like WTF. Looks like your credibility just took a small hit, Keef.
QUOTE(Vishamon)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users