Mega Ls Clip?

Well?

9 replies to this topic

#1 nerfer75

nerfer75

• Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 02:50 PM

Has anyone made a LS clip that can fire mega stefans? Better question: Is it possible? Just curious.
---nerfer75---
And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.--Revelation 20:15

#2 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 02:54 PM

I think I can speak for us all when we say none of us three that had a crossbow at this war have lots of money... We have simply come across ours in teh time we have been nerfing, and each of us have grown to love our xbows and foudn someway to make them unique yet functional.

Wouldn;t you have to rework the entire gun for that to be possible, cause the barrels would have to be the right size to fit them, as well as the breech (which would obviously be harder).
<!--quoteo(post=206428:date=Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM:name=Mukersman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mukersman @ Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Turd stefans. When I pulled these out of the pillow case i was just like, what... the... fuck...
Muker
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#3 sputnik

sputnik

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 02:55 PM

I don't think that the bolt will accept mega darts.
I know that it doesn't fit 5/8 stefans.
tcambre on IRC.

<3

#4 nerfer75

nerfer75

• Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 02:57 PM

I don't think that the bolt will accept mega darts.
I know that it doesn't fit 5/8 stefans.

That's what I was afraid of. I'm thinking about buying a LS and was hoping to be able to use the clip, but I use 5/8" mega stefans.

Edited by nerfer75, 17 April 2008 - 03:00 PM.

---nerfer75---
And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.--Revelation 20:15

#5 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 03:11 PM

No. And it's not possible.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#6 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 03:32 PM

Info from the Noid (aka Starbuck) via NHQ here.: Mega stefans can fit in the magazine and the stock barrel.

Not the bolt portion of the barrel, of course...just the (massively) over-sized barrel that is in front of the bolt. And, if I remember correctly, my mega-sized foam was a little too big to work well in the clips. Like I said, though, they fit pretty well in the barrel.

Edited by jwasko, 17 April 2008 - 03:34 PM.

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#7 Thom

Thom

• Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 03:59 PM

Not possible? Well, you;'d certainly have to redo the breach. Why couldn't you just make an upsized Angel breach?

#8 xNFx 37

xNFx 37

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 04:02 PM

i think it work. If you leave the peg in, but every other AR out, you'd be fine. The peg would push the dart into the oversized barrel, similar to an Angel breach.

For the record, megas DO fit in the clip. At least my Frost King does.
it also has a cock on it

-Chief

#9 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 04:53 PM

NFX: I tried this, by removing all ars and not the post. I then tried my stefans. It didn't work. The dart has to be closer to the plunger, as we all know how bad of a seal the LS has. (This was with micros by the way)
QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#10 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 07:33 PM

(This was with micros by the way)

Well, duh: micros are way too loose in the LS barrel. We speak of megas in this place.

Although you are right about the bad seal between the bolt and the barrel; perhaps if you added some foam around the bolt, it would improve the range of megas without doing too much work...I think that actually was the method used before Angel's breech.

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users