7 replies to this topic

#1 nerfturtle

nerfturtle

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 09:58 PM

It's been awhile.

Remember me?

Anyways, I drifted out of nerf for a little while, only to be brought back in by an SM750 and a maverick, which I decided to fuse like this.

Posted Image

Pic of the SM750

Posted Image

But, I have a problem, seen here.

Posted Image

Most guns don't work when the trigger does nothing, and I had no ideas.

Do you?

That would be most appreciated.
The tough coughs as he ploughs the dough.
-Dr. Suess

#2 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 10:46 PM

This would have worked for an AT2K integration I was working on, but what I think you could do is take a picture hanger, and bend it straight, and then epoxy/goop/hotlgue/whatever the hell adhesive ya want, on to the back of the pin, and attach it to the trigger. I think it should work.
I hope this helps, or gives an idea.

~Bomberman

Edited by Bomberman, 14 April 2008 - 10:46 PM.

QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#3 ChiliPepperFender

ChiliPepperFender

• Members
  • 599 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 10:49 PM

You could epoxy some wood or other material to the trigger then attach it to the metal firing pin by way of epoxying that too. I remember somebody used a broken tape measure case to extend their trigger, but can't remember exactly who.
[The Blue Tiger][Manta Star]
WTS: Stock Crossbow. PM me if you have interest.

#4 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 11:08 PM

The real problem is getting the turret completely turned before the tank fires off, and getting the tank to open up a good amount so more air can burst out, rather than leak out. I had an idea of using some sort of semi-strong elastic on the trigger, strong enough that it won't stretch while the turret it being rotated. Then, any extra pull after the turret it completely lined up, the elastic could stretch and that extra room could be used to open the tank valve.
Problems include finding the right material, figuring out a way to attach the trigger to the tank so it opens only after the elastic starts to stretch, and you might need to replace the elastic every now and then since it will wear down over time.

#5 el swifto

el swifto

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 12:03 AM

The real problem is getting the turret completely turned before the tank fires off, and getting the tank to open up a good amount so more air can burst out, rather than leak out. I had an idea of using some sort of semi-strong elastic on the trigger, strong enough that it won't stretch while the turret it being rotated. Then, any extra pull after the turret it completely lined up, the elastic could stretch and that extra room could be used to open the tank valve.
Problems include finding the right material, figuring out a way to attach the trigger to the tank so it opens only after the elastic starts to stretch, and you might need to replace the elastic every now and then since it will wear down over time.

You could probaly do this with fishing line. however, it would take quite a bit of tinkering and perfecting to get it just right.

EDIT: you probably do something like this with the pump in back.

Edited by el swifto, 15 April 2008 - 12:08 AM.

#6 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 06:47 AM

Well, it's a cool idea, but you may want to use a gun with a more air efficient turret. For the trigger, I guess you could find some metal rod to glue to the maverick trigger to connect it to that firing pin...if worst comes to worst, you might just have to pull the mav trigger and hold it while you pull a secondary trigger or key-ring to empty the tank.
I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

#7 wilbyrum

wilbyrum

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 07:49 AM

Well, it's a cool idea, but you may want to use a gun with a more air efficient turret. For the trigger, I guess you could find some metal rod to glue to the maverick trigger to connect it to that firing pin...if worst comes to worst, you might just have to pull the mav trigger and hold it while you pull a secondary trigger or key-ring to empty the tank.

Yes he could do that if worst came to worst. He could try combining the idea of the normal trigger and a key-ring trigger. You could place a small pin on the back of the mav trigger that would hold a small key-ring which would pull the pin to the air tank after then turret had enough time to get into place.
Something like this, where the blue is the pin, and the black is the key-ring and line.

Posted Image
Any Nerfers in the Carolinas Pm me!

#8 NerfCrazy

NerfCrazy

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 07:55 AM

What I did is attach swivel snaps for fishing (the things to easily take off lures and put new ones on) to the firing pin and trigger. They would be in front of that white piece and glued to the trigger somewhere.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users