Photo

Singled Pump Longshot

I'm gonna make one, just need a question answered...

8 replies to this topic

#1 aetherguy881

aetherguy881

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 03:00 PM

I want to make a pneumatic longshot that's singled. I don't think that singling will be that difficult, my only concern is the difficulty of fitting an air chamber inside the stock and not cutting up the externals. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should do for this part? This also includes the valve, I'm planning on using a sprinkler valve or a similar valve that will be quick and efficient.

I haven't had too much time to look around at the stuff I want to recently...

Thanks.
--Modify a blaster for a kid and he'll be entertained for a week. Teach him how to modify blasters and he'll become an engineer--
NERFtastic!
FOAMalicious!
DARTomatic!
--Silly emo kids, go draw yourself a picture--

#2 ejrasmussen

ejrasmussen

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 03:41 PM

You could put a Titan where the clip used to go.

#3 z80

z80

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 03:50 PM

Yeah, or you could not waste a longshot...
I would say that you put the valve where the bolt was, and have a pipe as an airtank where the plunger was, then a pump at the front.

#4 Trevor

Trevor

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 04:34 PM

You have to remember that the LS has shitty seals, you'd probably need more than 1 pump to get ranges comparable to a regular LS+ extra spring. You might as well just keep the spring powered part because you'd still need to use the bring the bolt back, then push it forward if you used air. No offense but this seems redundant unless you're putting a titan in there for the extra range.

#5 Recruit

Recruit

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 04:42 PM

You have to remember that the LS has shitty seals, you'd probably need more than 1 pump to get ranges comparable to a regular LS+ extra spring. You might as well just keep the spring powered part because you'd still need to use the bring the bolt back, then push it forward if you used air. No offense but this seems redundant unless you're putting a titan in there for the extra range.

I want to make a pneumatic longshot that's singled.
Thanks.

Falcon about himself.
... Ask Bags...he'll tell you without hesitation that I'm an idiot, but I certainly think about it before I do something stupid.

"Good character is something you cannot fake. And it always comes full circle at the end."

-Piney-

#6 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 04:47 PM

If you're going to single it, why even use a longshot in the first place? If you want an air-powered, single shot primary, just get a big blast or something. One of the longshot's advantages is having clips, so why get rid of them?
I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

#7 aetherguy881

aetherguy881

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 10:33 PM

Well, me being a poor college student, is one that doesn't want to buy another. Also I like building from what I have, and adding to what I have.

I can build a bolt that will hold the pressure. I want to use the current bolt for breech loading. Should I sucker in and opt for using what the ATK's have instead?
--Modify a blaster for a kid and he'll be entertained for a week. Teach him how to modify blasters and he'll become an engineer--
NERFtastic!
FOAMalicious!
DARTomatic!

#8 pulletman

pulletman

• Banned
  • 156 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 06:22 PM

Well a 3k or a 2k pump could fit quite easily.
QUOTE(Ro-Sham-Bo @ Mar 28 2008, 08:28 PM) View Post

(Never heard an old woman scream so loud) -Don't sigg that

QUOTE(Crimmy @ Apr 23 2008, 09:31 AM) View Post

i'm retarded

#9 aetherguy881

aetherguy881

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 08:07 AM

I haven't seen those up close yet... I don't know how they work yet, or their limitations.

Around how much pressure can they take and can someone tell me how they work? Even if it's MS paint? I can usually figure stuff like that out.
NERFtastic!
FOAMalicious!
DARTomatic!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users