Pcno Recap

We Few, we happy few...

16 replies to this topic

#1 Cmdrmack

Cmdrmack

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 06:09 PM

Great war today, I had a blast. I felt like the teams were generally well balanced and it seemed like everyone had a good time.

Highlights:
- Getting a NerfSTRoNG Bracelet.
- One of My Clan members came out in spite of having a broken toe.
- Meeting Groove and just hanging out with him while we waited for other folks to show up.
- Consistently getting my ass handed to me during the outdoor portion
- Consistently kicking ass indoors, and speaking of
- Shooting two people with the same Bigger Salvo blast.
- The showdowns between Sara, The Guru, and The Zaxbow
- The screaming charge!
- Watching Groove and axbys constantly look over their shoulders when they didn't know where I was during that same round

I was disappointed with the turnout, but glad the weather held for most of the afternoon. I also wasn't really pleased with my own performance. I need to get out and nerf more often to get my consistency up to where it needs to be. Otherwise I had a great time and I look forward to many more wars in here in the South.
QUOTE(Predalien_Ro @ Apr 7 2008, 10:24 PM) View Post

Oompa: FECES!? Who in their right mind would try that shit!?

Bigger Salvo

{FWPC}

#2 Zaxbys

Zaxbys

Groove's Protégé

• Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 08:18 PM

I will be the first to say that PCNO kicked some serious ass! Although we had a small showing, we definately had some good games, and always, good times.

Highlights:
-Walking up right behind a guy and almost tapping him on the shoulder and then shot him
-Calling a shot from a good distance which ended up hitting Cmdrmack.
-The FFA showdowns with Groove (Maybe one of these days I will beat ya!)
-The indoor CTF round with Groove (Speaks for itself haha)
-Groove winning the gun slinger round single hanndedly
-Zaxbow, Guru, Sara Showdown
-Starting a team round with Groove and the opposing team started with a screaming charge causing Groove and I to run different directions yelling " O Shit!"
-Hanging out with Groove and Cmdrmack.

This was an overall great war and well worth the trip out. I can't wait until the next one!

Edited by Zaxbys, 12 April 2008 - 09:49 PM.

"Bitces be crazy"

"Hey girl... you like water sports?"

~Groove 6/26/09

#3 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 01:53 PM

Had an absolute blast at this war. Not a very big turnout, but the people that were there made it a lot of fun. I'm going to also say that the people I met yesterday were among the friendliest, if not the friendliest group of people I've ever met while Nerfing. Great bunch of folks.

Anywho, my highlights:
+Getting a face full of foam from the Bigger Salvo during the indoor war
+Playing in what had to be the shortest CTF round in the history of the world
+Headshot on Cmdrmack right in his glasses during one of the final rounds
+Showdowns against Zaxbys during the second and final rounds
+People getting frustrated not hitting me due to my alleged "forcefield" <insert Jedi reference here>
+Pulling the "I can see 360 degrees and know you're sneaking up on me" game on Zaxbys <insert Boba Fett reference here>
+Having many people forget I have 2 shots from my Splitfire after firing my Crossbow
+Zaxbys and I scattering when the opposing team charged us screaming wildly, "Oh shit! Shit!"
+Somehow miraculously winning Gunslinger's Heaven as the "odd-man-out" team
+Skinning my pinky finger again when I try to speed load my NF, only by finding random blood stains later
+Facing a ruthless new breed of dart-mongering bushes in our outdoor venue...man, I lost alot of darts
+Getting to take my new Volkswagen Passat on its first big road trip, and listening to a 6 hour play list

Anyways, thanks for Cmdrmack for pulling together what he could given some shitty circumstances that were out of his control with attendance. Even though the showing wasn't great, it was ridiculously fun. You wanted to see where you all fit in in terms of level of play of others in the NIC, and from what I saw yesterday I'd say you all have a pretty solid base. My only suggestion (and we talked about this to some lengths yesterday) would be to have some solid "general use" blasters that anyone can pick up and use, like Brassed 2K's, PETG'd 3K's, maybe some Big Blasts, or even some modded Nite Finders.

The drive wasn't all that terrible, and heated leather seats with full lumbar support definitely made it very comfortable. I'll definitely be back again. Any ETA on when we'll have pictures up?

-Groove

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#4 Cmdrmack

Cmdrmack

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 02:05 PM

No word on the pictures yet, they'll probably be on Facebook before they make it here, but I'll post them here as soon as i get them.

Thanks again for coming guys, I hope that in the future we can get larger and larger showings from the NIC at these Southern Wars.

Bigger Salvo

{FWPC}

#5 Cmdrmack

Cmdrmack

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 10:51 AM

Bump, but with pictures!

This guy showed up and nerfed in spite of having a broken toe:
Posted Image

Some of our equipment, including the FALCON EYE:
Posted Image

It rained for the first few rounds
Posted Image

It's a trap!
Posted Image

Nothing like taking cover in some dart eating bushes
Posted Image

Everybody got to be on Groove's team at some point.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

It looks impressive, but I couldn't hit anything all day
Posted Image

Dramatic dodge, followed by a dramatic miss
Posted Image

The only good picture af Zaxbys before the camera died
Posted Image

Edited by Cmdrmack, 16 April 2008 - 11:35 AM.

Bigger Salvo

{FWPC}

#6 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 06:39 PM

So where the hell did you get the blue shirt with the longshot on it? Cause I want one. If you made it, you should sell them.
<!--quoteo(post=206428:date=Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM:name=Mukersman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mukersman @ Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Turd stefans. When I pulled these out of the pillow case i was just like, what... the... fuck...
Muker
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#7 ChiliPepperFender

ChiliPepperFender

• Members
  • 599 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 06:43 PM

So where the hell did you get the blue shirt with the longshot on it? Cause I want one. If you made it, you should sell them.

It's probably their clan shirt or something, it also makes you sound cool when you swear. On topic though, that war looks like it was fun. Also, is that a big salvo on your crossbow?
[The Blue Tiger][Manta Star]
WTS: Stock Crossbow. PM me if you have interest.

#8 Cmdrmack

Cmdrmack

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 07:32 PM

Yeas, that's our clan shirt, check out our site on the Nerfwiki for more information on it. You can't tell from the picture, but Zaxbys has the same design on his shirt.

And yeas, that is a Big Salvo.

Bigger Salvo

{FWPC}

#9 Zaxbys

Zaxbys

Groove's Protégé

• Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 07:48 PM

Posted Image

This is the shirt I was styling that day. The design of the longshot was borrowed from the same one on cmdrmack's clan shirtsdesigned by a member of his clan. I added a Zaxby's touch to it though....
"Bitces be crazy"

~Groove 6/26/09

#10 Zaxbys

Zaxbys

Groove's Protégé

• Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 08:33 PM

I would definately like to make it up there to a DCNO or something of that nature. I will miss being able to come to DCNO this year by one week. I will be in VA on the weekend after the current date for DCNO, but one of these days you'll be surprised to see us southerners there....

Edited by Zaxbys, 16 April 2008 - 08:35 PM.

"Bitces be crazy"

~Groove 6/26/09

#11 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 08:52 PM

Looks like tons of fun!

That eagle eye looks amazing. Didn't occur to me to slap one on THAT thing...it's been collecting dust for too long. Looks like I'm gonna have a new loaner gun soon!
----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#12 bogboogalars

bogboogalars

• Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 10:11 PM

...but one of these days you'll be surprised to see us southerners there....

Yeah but i'm like at least 10 hours away from either coast...sucks...donkey balls

#13 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 10:46 PM

So heres a question, how do half of you find crossbow to use?
<!--quoteo(post=206428:date=Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM:name=Mukersman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mukersman @ Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Turd stefans. When I pulled these out of the pillow case i was just like, what... the... fuck...
Muker
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#14 Squishy

Squishy

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 11:23 AM

Be around for a long time or have alot of money.
Updated 6/2/08
We are the proud members of University of Maryland Nerf Activity Society, summer plans are:
Weekly games and summer Dart o' War.
WE LOVE OUTSIDE PLAYERS.

visit www.umdnerf.com for rules and forums or PM me for any questions. We always welcome outside players.

#15 Zaxbys

Zaxbys

Groove's Protégé

• Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 02:32 PM

I think I can speak for us all when we say none of us three that had a crossbow at this war have lots of money... We have simply come across ours in teh time we have been nerfing, and each of us have grown to love our xbows and found someway to make them unique yet functional.

Edited by Zaxbys, 17 April 2008 - 03:40 PM.

"Bitces be crazy"

~Groove 6/26/09

#16 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 17 April 2008 - 03:21 PM

I treat mine like dirty whores. And they love it.

#17 Squishy

Squishy

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 11:19 AM

I treat mine like dirty whores. And they love it.

Probably the only kid I know who can say he's given a toy AIDS by sodomizing it. That ain't foam, kids.

Edited by Squishy, 18 April 2008 - 11:21 AM.

Updated 6/2/08
We are the proud members of University of Maryland Nerf Activity Society, summer plans are:
Weekly games and summer Dart o' War.
WE LOVE OUTSIDE PLAYERS.

visit www.umdnerf.com for rules and forums or PM me for any questions. We always welcome outside players.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users