To Good To Be True Mod?

with simple materials?

27 replies to this topic

#1 MrNerf

MrNerf

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 02:34 PM

Is it at all possible to mod a gun without hacksaws, hot glue guns, putty, etc and just use something easy like elmers clue and toilet paper rolls? I dont have the money or skill in using all these metal-like tools...

#2 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 02:39 PM

What're you like 6?
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#3 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 02:47 PM

Your best bet would be to just stick with air restrictor mods. But even then, you'll probably at least need a pair of cutters or pliers, or something to yank the AR out of a gun.

~ompa

#4 g-force

g-force

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 02:50 PM

And a screwdriver. You need those

Edited by g-force, 12 April 2008 - 02:50 PM.

QUOTE(Carbon @ Jul 28 2008, 03:25 AM) View Post

My god, you actually built it. To that, all I can say is, "bravo".

Chubbs

#5 MrNerf

MrNerf

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 02:55 PM

Your best bet would be to just stick with air restrictor mods. But even then, you'll probably at least need a pair of cutters or pliers, or something to yank the AR out of a gun.

~ompa

could you or someone else post a picture of an AR? thanks.

#6 hierarchy

hierarchy

• Members
  • 336 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 02:58 PM

~ompa

Just use this link and all your questions will be answered.
QUOTE(Retiate @ Aug 13 2007, 08:43 PM) View Post

I guess you have some heavy duty industrial strength toilet paper holders. Do they advise you to wear eye protection when changing rolls?

My TTG mod.

#7 g-force

g-force

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 03:00 PM

~ompa

Wow you are a noob. an AR is an air restrictior, the stupid little thing nerf puts in their blasters so some little 5 year old doesn't shoot his head of, and so nerf doesn't get sued.

Edited by g-force, 12 April 2008 - 03:01 PM.

QUOTE(Carbon @ Jul 28 2008, 03:25 AM) View Post

My god, you actually built it. To that, all I can say is, "bravo".

Chubbs

#8 MrNerf

MrNerf

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 03:07 PM

~ompa

Wow you are a noob. an AR is an air restrictior, the stupid little thing nerf puts in their blasters so some little 5 year old doesn't shoot his head of, and so nerf doesn't get sued.

:D I knew what it was but I need a picture so I don't take out the wrong thing...

#9 Maeric

Maeric

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 03:13 PM

Yeah, but for the most part, the ARs are different for each gun. You just need to either search for your gun, or learn what the general AR looks like.

In hind sight, yeah, 6 sounds about right.

Edited by Maeric, 12 April 2008 - 03:16 PM.

Active on H3Artificer as Halacar. GT: Halacar send me an invite if you wanna forge.
I'm amazing at Forza3! I destroyed the engine of a 2mil C car by downshifting! YAY!
I hate you. And all noobs who are like "OMFG i r liek, glued sh1t 2 shit. jak offf ma ego. NAOW!"

#10 CyberPunkGunner

CyberPunkGunner

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 03:16 PM

First off, the best way to know what anything really looks like is to open the gun up. People can put pictures of ARs for you, but alot of the different guns have different ARs and knowing what one looks like won't help you locate it. The best universal description of how to get rid of an AR is to clear out all things between the plunger tube and dart/barrel.

As for your inability to handle tools; either pick up a screwdriver, hot glue gun and cutting device or kill yourself now. If you are old enough to be on the internet by yourself then you damn well better learn to hold the most simple of tools. And if you have your parents leaning over your shoulder then...
FUCK, SHIT, ASS, Rapidshare!
Hopefully that will get them to block this site from you until you grow a pair.
You were born a winner
You were the fastest sperm.

#11 MrNerf

MrNerf

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 03:16 PM

Yeah, but for the most part, the ARs are different for each gun. You just need to either search for your gun, or learn what the general AR looks like.

alrighty then, looks like ill google up a picture if i cant see one from here.

p.s. I'll be be making an awesome, really simple mod with fun around-the-house materials! (Or Ill at least try to anyways... :D )

#12 Flantre

Flantre

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 03:52 PM

I have an AR laying around I will take a picture of it and upload it in a few.

Edit: I threw that AR away weeks ago. I drew a picture for you to demonstrate the different ARs I have seen so far. Now obviously these ARs have been in several different guns, but once you learn what the bulk of most of the ARs look like It shouldnt be to hard to find and remove them.

Posted Image

Keep in mind that these are mostly what you are going to be seeing in guns.

Edited by Flantre, 12 April 2008 - 04:18 PM.

#13 Blasphemy

Blasphemy

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 04:32 PM

Remember to not get your hopes up doing an AR removal, you'll probably only get a 5-10 ft. range increase, slightly better accuracy, and the ability to shoot stefans.
When speaking about a swallow, always make sure you know whether it is an African or European swallow. It is very important.

#14 Tehmandude

Tehmandude

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 04:51 PM

Flantre, you kind of got the DTG AR wrong. It's the thing behind the object with the peg, the one with a very weak spring and 3 things sticking out of it.
QUOTE(umdlancer @ Mar 25 2008, 04:29 AM) View Post

If you accidentally clock somebody with a doubleshot, then you're more liable to break the doubleshot than you are to cause serious injury.

PM me if selling a NIB or LNNB LnL.

#15 CAPS

CAPS

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 05:22 PM

What're you like 6?

I think I almost died laughing after reading that.
It's a link to google......you idiots are worse than the spammers.
-Vacc

#16 RavenX

RavenX

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 06:38 PM

You do realy need more materials than some glue and toilet paper rolls. But to start, as some have suggested, start small with the AR and work your way up. A NF would do a nice start.
If practice makes perfect but no one is perfect, why practice?

#17 Shadowblade

Shadowblade

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 08:33 PM

Who the heck wants to mod a nerf gun and doesn't have a clue about an AR??? Okay, for one thing, this site has a nice little function called SEARCH. Try that first, I know there's a whole section for mods. And if that doesn't help, then you can try posting for help...toilet paper and elmers glue...that's gotta be the stupidest thing I've ever heard...

and I agree with RavenX, a NF (that's a Nite Finder) would be a nice gun to start modding.

Edited by Shadowblade, 12 April 2008 - 08:34 PM.

Proverbs says, "The wise man doth not shoot the Viking in the ding ding for he shall pummel thee."

But you can totally shoot Vacc there, he loves it!

~Talio

#18 King Of Butt Land

King Of Butt Land

• Banned
  • 324 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 09:03 PM

This topic shouldn't have grown past post one.
QUOTE(Puppy-§layer @ Dec 18 2008, 04:22 AM) View Post

This contest may have some flaws, as people can simply be a deuschbag over the internet. By Lying.

A war-like setting/invitational would be better...

#19 Omega

Omega

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 11:55 PM

Holy crap! Butt and Meiser coming back in a single day?

Also, no. You really can't do a decent mod like that.

Man up and get some tools.
QUOTE(Vishamon)
My rule is that those wearing a thong are considered to be invisible to other players.

#20 PC III

PC III

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 12:59 AM

NF Posted Image
Mav Posted Image
Most Ars will look like this.
QUOTE(ultra920 @ May 19 2008, 06:18 PM) View Post

Don't want to shove balls in tight spaces. Trust me, bad idea.

For sale: Vintage WWII French rifles. Dropped once, never fired.

#21 forsaken

forsaken

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 04:24 AM

See, but is the piece with the peg the air restrictor? The piece with the three prongs that is behind the mav's piece with the air restrictor? Likewise, is the circular piece behind the piece with the peg in the NF the air restrictor? Or are those pieces, as a pair, make up an air restrictor together? Just to clarify...

#22 doubleshot

doubleshot

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 04:27 AM

The 3 pronged, peg, and the piece that is not the peg in the first pic are all air restrictors, but the piece in the first pic, should NOT be taken out, as it stops the plunger head. This should be drilled out, and the gaps around the rim should be filled with hot glue.

Edited by doubleshot, 13 April 2008 - 04:27 AM.

92% of people make up statistics. If you're one of the 8% who don't, put this in your signature

#23 forsaken

forsaken

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 04:39 AM

The 3 pronged, peg, and the piece that is not the peg in the first pic are all air restrictors, but the piece in the first pic, should NOT be taken out, as it stops the plunger head. This should be drilled out, and the gaps around the rim should be filled with hot glue.

I apologize in advance for what are probably dumb questions. But, in the case of the Maverick, to do a basic "air restrictor" removal, you remove the three pronged piece behind the peg piece, cut the peg off the peg piece (to shoot homemade darts) and/or drill out the peg off the peg piece leaving a much larger (and cleaner) hole, and then you put that drilled out peg piece back on the back end of the turrent where it originally was at... except now there is no longer a peg coming out of it, a three pronged piece behind it, and a spring behind that......... Right?

#24 doubleshot

doubleshot

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 04:43 AM

I apologize in advance for what are probably dumb questions. But, in the case of the Maverick, to do a basic "air restrictor" removal, you remove the three pronged piece behind the peg piece, cut the peg off the peg piece (to shoot homemade darts) and/or drill out the peg off the peg piece leaving a much larger (and cleaner) hole, and then you put that drilled out peg piece back on the back end of the turrent where it originally was at... except now there is no longer a peg coming out of it, a three pronged piece behind it, and a spring behind that......... Right?

Remove the spring and 3 pronged piece from the mav, and do everything else you said and yes, your correct.
92% of people make up statistics. If you're one of the 8% who don't, put this in your signature

#25 Salmon

Salmon

• Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 09:48 AM

Step one: Gather your toilet paper and Elmer's glue.
Step two: Improve your grammar.
Step three: Realize there is absolutely NO POINT AT ALL in even ATTEMPTING to mod a Nerf gun with freaking toilet paper and school glue.
Step four: Beg VACC, One Man Clan, Piney, Shindig, Ompa and all the other admins for the utmost mercy.
Step five: If all else fails, leave the 'Haven(or get banned, whichever comes first)and forget about Nerf.

Frankly, I didn't mean this as a flame, but an honest word of advice. Get some sense.

Edited by Salmon, 13 April 2008 - 09:48 AM.

Welcome to I-dont-care-isburg, population: me.
We're located in I-Don't-Give-a-Damn County, in scenic Shut-the-Hell-Up-achussets.
Maybe you're familiar with our annual charity drive where we ask for shit, and no one gives any.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users