Photo

Your Biggest Nerf Regret

59 replies to this topic

#1 nerfer75

nerfer75

• Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 06:17 AM

What's the biggest regret you have in Nerf? Mine was trading a Triple Strike and an AT3K for a used BBB during my first month of Nerfing. Man I wish I had those guns back. So lets hear yours.
---nerfer75---
And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.--Revelation 20:15

#2 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 06:22 AM

Way too many to list. Most of them involve spraining my ankle at a war.

Some have been caught on tape.

Can't forget this one either.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU

I'm trying to find the footage from the first APOC where I jumped out of the woods w/o pumping my PC. That was a fucking let down.
I hate you.

#3 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 08:11 AM

Well, I remember as a child when I received my range shot and a pack of whistling airjet micros. I was exited about both, and I tried using some of the sonic darts in the RS. They didn't fire, and I found out that the barrel post was too big and it had ripped the dart. Being a child and therefore a total idiot, I tried to use every single one of my darts in the range shot, and ripped all of them. They were useless after that. I also regretted (I don't really care now) letting a friend use my range shot outside, they lost all the ammo except for one. Oh yeah, and also buying a Tommy 20.
I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

#4 sputnik

sputnik

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 09:17 AM

When I was a lad, I had twin Secret Shot 1's, and a single EAB.
Somehow, the EAB got lost, and I was left with just the SS1's.
So sad, considering the mods for this gun nowadays.
Oh, the days before the intrawebz...

EDIT: I completely forgot.
The original BBB. I was doing the BBS, but completely fucked up with hot glue, trying to fill dead space.
Now I can't cock it, so I took the spring out.
It is now in the shit corner of the garage.

Edited by sputnik, 09 April 2008 - 09:32 AM.

tcambre on IRC.

<3

#5 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 09:20 AM

Spraining the lower end of my tibialis Anterior ( The muscle that runs up your shin.) at every fucking war I go to. If you try to raise your toes to your knee you will flex the muscle that gets me every time. All I need to do is stretch it before every war.

Biggest modification regret would probably be the first shot. Just as much work as a NF with little results.

Biggest regret above all. Putting faith in others to organize anything Nerf related. Early spring Nerf war in Mississauga supposed to be organized by Hexen. Never happened. 2 Assassin games organized by Hexen and Sway. Both of those never happened either due to the high ammount in procrastination and lazyness.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#6 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 09:29 AM

Taking the bus.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#7 nerfispwnage243

nerfispwnage243

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 09:35 AM

Shooting my friend with my BBBB from about an inch away.

#8 themessiahpsg1

themessiahpsg1

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 10:03 AM

buying a firefly. end of story.
OIC of 34th Light Combat Battalion, Talk to me about enlistment.

#9 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 10:30 AM

Spraining the lower end of my tibialis Anterior ( The muscle that runs up your shin.) at every fucking war I go to.

So, you got shin splints? Or is this something else. I get shin splints regularly (never fully recovered from advanced shin splints from high school distance track).

My biggest regret was letting my brother toss out his SM5K because we lost the barrel attachment; all we had left was the ball attachment. About a year later I started modding and kicked myself regularly.

Getting sunburned at every NERF war I go to.

Oh yeah, and of course all those OMC moments where you rush somebody and realize your gun isn't primed/pumped. Nothing pisses me off more than that!

#10 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 11:02 AM

Not getting my Assassins game started up again my senior year in high school.

Other than that, I feel pretty solid in the majority of my decisions. Maybe that I didn't figure out my primary & sidearm sooner. I've had a new primary and sidearm at every war that I've been to.

#11 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 11:06 AM

Stopping Caring about if my cohorts paid me for/owned their guns.

Feeling compelled to make more then enough darts for everyone in SCUN before every war.

And my compulsive eBay addiction that I gained because of this hobby.

Edited by baghead, 09 April 2008 - 11:11 AM.

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#12 nerfboi

nerfboi

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 11:11 AM

Spraining the lower end of my tibialis Anterior ( The muscle that runs up your shin.) at every fucking war I go to. If you try to raise your toes to your knee you will flex the muscle that gets me every time. All I need to do is stretch it before every war.

Biggest modification regret would probably be the first shot. Just as much work as a NF with little results.

Biggest regret above all. Putting faith in others to organize anything Nerf related. Early spring Nerf war in Mississauga supposed to be organized by Hexen. Never happened. 2 Assassin games organized by Hexen and Sway. Both of those never happened either due to the high ammount in procrastination and lazyness.

Yeah, I get shin splints too.
My greatest regret is buying the Recon. It sucked period.
We Ride together, we die together, Bad boys for life.

#13 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 11:31 AM

Biggest regret is trying to do CaptainSlug's first Maverick mod on one of my mavericks instead of keeping it reletively stock. :P My other regret is not getting into Nerf until last year. Nerf modding is so much more hands on and do-it-yourself then Airsoft modding. Most airsoft modding would just be replacing internals with bought parts... boring.

Edited by Galaxy613, 09 April 2008 - 11:31 AM.

[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#14 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 12:35 PM

My biggest regret was spending $50 every month on some new video game for my Wii before I got into nerfing. I could have made thousands and thousands of stefans, and gotten soooo many guns and modded them if I got into nerf just 6-8 months earlier. And I regret trying to mod my Magstrike only a week or so after I had modded my first gun, which was a BBB. The magstrike is currently as good as shit. Everything is broken. Oh, and killing a first generation TTG. (the type that fired megas). I almost brought it back to life, but yet, it only shoots 3 feet. :P
And a future thing I might regret, I am thinking about getting out of the NERF hobby and getting into RC cars and stuff. I got a Wheely king with a komodo dragon 19T motor. Man, that thing goes fast!
QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#15 Guest_yourface_*

Guest_yourface_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 April 2008 - 12:50 PM

Probably my misguided attempt to cancel my subscription. Now that I think about it, it's not really necessary to get banned just because I'm tired of wasting my time on forums...

Edited by yourface, 09 April 2008 - 12:55 PM.

#16 Kalentar13

Kalentar13

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 01:32 PM

definitely destroying my first crossbow. I'd never dreamed people would want it, so I kinda killed it...with a hammer. I can't wait to get railed for that one.
The Three Shall Spread Their Blackened Wings and Be the Vengeful Striking Hammer of God.

#17 nerfer75

nerfer75

• Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 01:35 PM

definitely destroying my first crossbow. I'd never dreamed people would want it, so I kinda killed it...with a hammer. I can't wait to get railed for that one.

:P
---nerfer75---
And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.--Revelation 20:15

#18 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 01:48 PM

Let's see:
1. Not finding the NIC sooner.
2. Assuming that the Supermaxx line sucked, and thinking that Larami should stick to super soakers...and therefore not buying any of them when they were in stores.
3.Not asking my parents to buy me a X-bow back in the day.

And, speaking of which...

Murderer!

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#19 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 02:21 PM

My biggest regret so far is not testing my spray paint on something else before using it on my longshot. I doubted that the type of paint would work, but I tried it anyway. Now I have to sand/scrape all of it off. 5 minutes of painting has turned into hours of sanding.
Your dreams were tight like a baby

SGM's Shred Shop -Mod Service

NerfHaven's resident drama queen.

#20 Trevor

Trevor

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 02:28 PM

Buying 2 nerf recons for $40 when I could have bought 2 mavericks for for the same if not better firepower.

#21 sasquatch

sasquatch

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 02:32 PM

Not getting into nerf sooner, and not spending the money when I had it on guns and trying to mod them. Now I just don't really have the money to do that much. I'm lucky Falcon is so nice to me :P
I'm big and hairy, that's how you'll remember if you see me. My name's Sasquatch for a reason

#22 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 02:49 PM

Probably throwing out my old sm750, and maybe even selling my doomsayer to general cole. I got a good deal for it, but I want it back :P
QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#23 doubleshot

doubleshot

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 02:53 PM

Oh man, messing up my LS was fun, sanding down the catch of my RFR (on the plunger rod, not the actual catch), buying a recon, maverick, and a transformers gun.
92% of people make up statistics. If you're one of the 8% who don't, put this in your signature

#24 ChiliPepperFender

ChiliPepperFender

• Members
  • 599 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 03:19 PM

Not getting into Nerf sooner.
[The Blue Tiger][Manta Star]
WTS: Stock Crossbow. PM me if you have interest.

#25 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 03:24 PM

I don't remember what I did, but I remember VACC suspending me for some reason. I don't even remember what I did, but I remember being suspended, and regretting what I didn't even know I did.

~ompa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users