Photo

The Nightfire

14 replies to this topic

#1 ejrasmussen

ejrasmussen

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 11:39 PM

Well I recently saw the topic about cartoon's Crossfinder and I thought to myself "Gee this is preety cool, I think im a good enough modder to do that!"
Then I got started cutting out the shell and beleive me it took a lot of cutting. Right then is when i got addicted to this mod. It was a very chalenging mod for me but nothing too big. So this is my version of the CrossFinder, the NightFire.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And a firing test here
As you can see I could hit a lamp through my room and on the other side of the living room still with some power. I haven't range tested it yet but, it looks as if 40-50 feet flat.
I will post actual range once I go to a football feild. The reason why I named it NightFire is because there are two different kinds of this gun, and I wasn't sure which it was and they both have fire at the end so I named it NightFire.

EJ

#2 MOD it

MOD it

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 11:56 PM

I think I might do this mod. I want to do a Night-mav to an cant decide which.

#3 ejrasmussen

ejrasmussen

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 12:05 AM

Well if you don't have a dremel I dont reccomend doing this mod. If you don't like a lot of cutting you might wanna try the nite mav first.

#4 Green-Buckshot

Green-Buckshot

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 06:44 AM

How did you get the catch to work?
QUOTE(A side of nerf @ May 18 2008, 12:33 PM) View Post

Also, could you post some more revealing pictures?

#5 NerfCrazy

NerfCrazy

• Members
  • 497 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 07:52 AM

I don't understand the plunger tube is it like the nitemav or are you using the inside of the crossfire to hold the spring? You have to do a lot of cutting for a nitemav, also you have to test it a lot to see if the trigger matches with the rotation mech.

Edit: Sorry didn't see that part.

Edited by NerfCrazy, 09 April 2008 - 04:36 PM.

#6 sputnik

sputnik

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 09:29 AM

NerfCrazy, could you change your font?
It's kinda annoying.
Also, look here.
tcambre on IRC.

<3

#7 Maeric

Maeric

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 12:33 PM

Have you tried keeping the slide on? Cause that would make an effective cocking method (as well as allowing you to do some breech work).
Active on H3Artificer as Halacar. GT: Halacar send me an invite if you wanna forge.
I'm amazing at Forza3! I destroyed the engine of a 2mil C car by downshifting! YAY!
I hate you. And all noobs who are like "OMFG i r liek, glued sh1t 2 shit. jak offf ma ego. NAOW!"

#8 d0nk3y k0n9

d0nk3y k0n9

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 02:51 PM

I'm currently working on one of these just for fun and to see if I can pull it off, but I can't quite figure out where to dremel and what parts of the case need to be removed to get it to work. If you, or whoever did it before (I think it was Cartoon, sorry if it wasn't, but I have a crappy memory right now) can post pictures of the inside of the case both before and after and mark on it where it needs to be dremeled (I realize that Cartoon posted pictures of the inside of the case but i still can't figure it out), I would really apreciate it. If Cartoon's pic of the finished case is the best I'm gonna get, I'll try to work with it, but more pictures is always helpful.

Thanks!

#9 Jollex

Jollex

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 03:22 PM

I recommend doing this instead of the nite-mav because I tryed it and totally messed up a good mav and nf.

#10 nerfboi

nerfboi

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 03:26 PM

A Nite-Mav is harder to make,IMO, because You have to make sure you sand down the case just right or you might cut through it. that you have to worry about the turret alignment.
We Ride together, we die together, Bad boys for life.

#11 Silencer

Silencer

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 03:56 PM

That's a great mod, too bad I don't have a Crossfire
TMC

#12 Foam Shooter

Foam Shooter

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 08:12 PM

I am doing this right now believe it or not. I would suggest covering up the sides with plastic or bondo to make it much more appealing.

#13 ejrasmussen

ejrasmussen

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 10:16 PM

Have you tried keeping the slide on? Cause that would make an effective cocking method (as well as allowing you to do some breech work).

How would that make it more effective, and I cannot do that because I have glue in the guider.

#14 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 10:19 PM

Probably just "coolness factor". I don't really see any other reason in using a slide other than the satisfying sound/motion it has. You would have to make a second "guide" of sorts to get the slide to work again. It'd be a little flimsy, but if you made another "guide" right behind the one that's there right now (although the guide there now was used to push back the plunger more than act as a guide, hence the quotes), you'd be able to secure the guide and keep it from wobbling too much.

Then again, you may not need that second guide; I'd give you more concrete information, but my Crossfire is currently at home. I'd suggest just cutting a small hole out the back to allow the slide to push back the plunger, and then putting the small metal rod that used to push back the original plunger back to serve as the guide. It won't cause any damage to the gun as it is right now, although you may have to trim down the slide itself to get it to still work.

Edit in response to post below: "Coolness factor" is all just a matter of personal opinion; everyone is entitled to what they think looks/is cool.

~ompa

#15 ejrasmussen

ejrasmussen

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 10:23 PM

Probably just "coolness factor". I don't really see any other reason in using a slide other than the satisfying sound/motion it has.

~ompa

I think without the slide looks way cooler.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users