Nerf Gun Malfunctions/breakages

Tell us all about your misadventures with nerf guns

54 replies to this topic

#51 Massacrer

Massacrer

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 02:53 PM

• Bought two Rapid Fire Rifles... The plastic guide rail of the plunger of the first rifle broke around a year after I bought the rifles... Then the plastic guide rail of the second rifle broke today, which is around two to three years after I bought the two rifles...
Anyone know how to fix it, or is it screwed?

Edited by Massacrer, 26 August 2009 - 02:53 PM.

#52 Dr BoB

Dr BoB

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 07:39 PM

I had an nf plunger head explode from dry firing with a spring replacement. It was kinda funny cause the chunks blew out the barrel and cut up my leg (I was aiming at the floor). I also had a rf20 bladder explode. Also have had a dtb plunger rod snap in half.

Edit: Sorry didn't realize that the topic was old and was necroed already before I posted.

Edited by Dr. BoB, 26 August 2009 - 09:09 PM.

QUOTE(Goombadude3 @ Oct 5 2009, 07:34 PM) View Post
The awkward cocker is a big down side

Yes it is indeed.

#53 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 09:01 PM

It was kinda funny cause the chunks blew out the barrel and cut up my leg (I was aiming at the floor).

That is hilarious! You know what else is pretty funny? How old this topic is!
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#54 Noob 001

Noob 001

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 09:06 PM

I've Krazy glued my lips together, but my funniest modding disaster in my admittedly short modding career was a gun that I simply call "The orange gun". For Christmas (or Holiday, if you prefer), I recieved a target shooting set that consisted of an air target thingummy that suspended five styrofoam balls in columns of air for one to shoot at (looks like a menorah but more industrial, I call it an Imperial Battle Menorah, pictures available upon request) and the orange gun. The orange gun (pix also available) looked nifty and alien-ray-gunoid, and had the amusing quirks of being almost entirely monotone and having the handle at a ninety degree angle to the body of the gun, which made me always shoot about 45 degrees too low. It had a turret very similar to a Tek Six turret, but the overall build quality would shame BuzzBee into hari-kari and could best be likened to what would occur if a Chinese knockoff company outsourced the production of its plastic to colonial Kiribati. It got 7 feet flat on warm days, but was pretty accurate, for what it's worth. I removed the air restrictor on one barrel, but "removed" may be the wrong word; I poked it with a screwdriver and it shattered. Range improved to 3 feet, but accuracy went down the tubes. I tried taking it apart to see what made it suck (only good guns tick) and found nothing extraordinarily bad, except that I shattered part of the cocking handle and stripped half the screws. Some weeks later, when I shot the thing, a hugely long spring smashed out of the side and lolled around in perfect cartoon fashion. This had happened before with the trigger spring, but I had not seen this spring at all when I opened the gun. It was too thin to be the cocking handle spring, not beefy enough to be the main spring, and the trigger spring was long gone (and would have been too short anywhey). The gun is now totally useless except for Platonic discussions of whether, now that it no longer shoots, it is still a gun.

My worst non-modding disaster was rushing the room across the hall from the one where an opposing team member was plainly staked out. My entire team knew but didn't tell me. I then fell down the stairs on the retreat.

#55 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 27 August 2009 - 07:24 AM

Updating a recently necroed topic is no better than necroing it yourself. This thing was over a year old and never really that vital to begin with. I should really mute everybody who posted after ultra920 for a week, but I just can't bring myself to mute Ted...he's my favorite nerfer ever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users