Ls And Recon Show Off Thread

post pics and state mods, please no dissucions

21 replies to this topic

#1 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 08:57 PM

I know that there has been a show off your ls thread before, but it hasn't been used in quite a while, so I'm making a new one, which also includes recons, because there both clip guns. Please, try not to disscus longshot mods over the forum, do that in PM. All I would like posted is a pic or video, the mods done and the reliability, is that so much to ask for?

I'll start with mine;
Posted Image

My main, and best of the three.
Posted Image
Mods, removed air ristrictors, added nf spring, reinforced bolt sled, removed bolt lock, removed trigger lock, pvc stock block
reliability and function, very reliable, hits at an average of 95' flat with stream lines, 4.5 out of 5

My next is the carbine;
Posted Image
Mods, removed air ristrictors, reinforced bolt sled, removed bolt lock, removed trigger lock, removed barrel
reliability and function; very reliable, no added spring yet, so it only gets 45' flat with stream lines, 3 out of 5

The last is my recon;
Posted Image
Mods, reinforced bolt sled, removed air ristrictors, working on spring addition in stock, not finished yet
Reliability and function, semi reliable, occasionally jams when using stefans, hits 35' flat with tagger darts (I have many more taggers then streamlines, so I use the taggers in the recon and save the stream lines for the longshots)

As I said, I know forums like this have been created before, but they have been outdated and ignored, thats the only reason I'm posting a new one.
<!--quoteo(post=206428:date=Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM:name=Mukersman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mukersman @ Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Turd stefans. When I pulled these out of the pillow case i was just like, what... the... fuck...
Muker
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#2 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 08:58 PM

There's no reason to start blaster specific image dump threads. Just put them all in the sticky thread.
http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=5250

Edited by CaptainSlug, 07 April 2008 - 08:59 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#3 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 09:00 PM

There's no reason to start blaster specific image dump threads. Just put them all in the sticky thread.
http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=5250

I realise this, and I don;t mean to be an ass, but honestly. Who wants to scroll through 1300 replies, some of which don;t even have pics?
<!--quoteo(post=206428:date=Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM:name=Mukersman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mukersman @ Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Turd stefans. When I pulled these out of the pillow case i was just like, what... the... fuck...
Muker

#4 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 09:05 PM

Well, the thing is, a whole lot of people just jump to the last page of threads anyways. And I'm sure some people keep up with the sticky thread, and if something new is posted, they'll see it. Captain Slug has a point here; just pictures/videos of mods should be placed in the sticky. Modification write-ups deserve new threads, but not just pictures. I'd suggest you copy/paste the post you have here into the sticky, as this thread will possibly be closed soon.

No offense intended towards you, it's just nice to keep the forums at least moderately uncluttered, especially when there are threads that would adequately cover the info to be posted.

And for future reference, I do in fact keep up with the modification pictures thread (sticky) when I see a new post in it when I'm active on the forums.

I will admit though, you did a nice job with some of those guns.

~ompa

#5 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 09:08 PM

Alright I'm sorry. I'm fine with you closing the thread if you feel the need.
Muker

#6 RustInPeace117

RustInPeace117

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 10:04 PM

How do you do a reinforced bolt sled, removed bolt lock, removed trigger lock? And what does reliability and function mean?

#7 bogboogalars

bogboogalars

• Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 10:27 PM

Also I don't want to sound stupid here but did anyone else notice that the "NERF" logo on his last recon is backwards? Did you take the pic in a mirror or what?

#8 sputnik

sputnik

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 11:43 PM

Its from a Apple iSight camera.
All my pics are the same way.
We didn't flip the photo aroud, so it looks backwards.
tcambre on IRC.

<3

#9 RustInPeace117

RustInPeace117

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 10:10 PM

I have all these mods on my longshot except the bolt sled reinforcement and mine only goes like 50 ft flat. Are you telling me a bolt sled reinforcement makes it 45 feet farther?

#10 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 10:18 PM

What he's saying can mean one of several things:

1.) He has a better dart/barrel fit
2.) His barrel is just of better ratio
3.) Your reinforcements caused some sealing problems
4.) One of the mods you did wasn't quite as effective as it could have been
5.) Either you can't measure properly, or he is exaggerating his ranges (or wind helps his/hurt yours)

Pick whichever option will not cause a fight to break out. You can't verify or discredit his ranges, so just don't bother being confrontational about it. Point it out? By all means. But fight against it? You're better spending your time elsewhere. Plus, if you guys start bitching at each other, I'll be pissed at both of you. And if I'm pissed at both of you, I don't even want to think about the state in which some of the other people will be in.

~ompa

#11 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 10:25 PM

I have all these mods on my longshot except the bolt sled reinforcement and mine only goes like 50 ft flat. Are you telling me a bolt sled reinforcement makes it 45 feet farther?

I think that he measured these shots by eyeballing it and then adding 30-40'. A longshot with just an AR removal probably won't get 45' flat. Mine got 35' flat with an AR removal. I am also doubting the 95' with just an nf spring addition. The only mod difference between his carbine and his regular longshot (range wise) is the nf spring addition, yet the difference in range is 50'. I just don't see how that is possible. I could be wrong, though. streamlines tend to have horridly wavering ranges, especially in wind.

Anyway, I don't want to post without a picture, so here is an old picture of my unfinished ls-mav integration. In this picture, it just had the ARs removed from both guns, and both guns fire from the ls trigger. The ls trigger had to be heavily modded to do this.
Posted Image

Edited by slowguitarman, 12 April 2008 - 10:27 PM.

Your dreams were tight like a baby

SGM's Shred Shop -Mod Service

NerfHaven's resident drama queen.

#12 RustInPeace117

RustInPeace117

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 09:00 AM

Ok, thanks guys.

#13 xNFx 37

xNFx 37

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 10:44 AM

I think a NF spring could add 50 feet. The LS spring is so weak, I bet it has like, 1 lb. of force. Adding a 1st gen NF spring I don't doubt a 50 foot increase (it happened to me), but not with an EX-3.
it also has a cock on it

-Chief

#14 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 03:57 PM

The LS spring is so weak, I bet it has like, 1 lb. of force.

1lb of force is how much load the trigger spring typically has on it. 5lb of force is the upper limit for your average single finger squeeze.
The main plunger spring in a longshot is probably around 8 to 12 lbs of total compressive force. The easy way to measure the force of a spring you have installed into a blaster is to set the back of it on a postal scale, note the dry weight, then prime the plunger while keeping an eye at where the scale peaks. Subtract the dry weight from that number and you have a decent measurement with an error margin of +/- 2 pounds.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#15 themessiahpsg1

themessiahpsg1

• Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 04:09 PM

Posted Image
the view from the camera i mounted behind the rail on PITA.
Posted Image
the temporary front end of LUCKY STRIKE.
Posted Image
an airsoft laser, activated w/thumb on left side of grip.
Posted Image
LUCKY STRIKE (2x spring, pump, AR, Grip-activated laser, fixed stock, and the rail was moved farther up.
Posted Image
my secondary weapon. ^^ <_<

Edited by themessiahpsg1, 13 April 2008 - 04:12 PM.

OIC of 34th Light Combat Battalion, Talk to me about enlistment.

#16 Swords

Swords

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 06:37 PM

My Longshot with all the basics.
  • AR removal
  • Spring Addition
  • Shotgun Foregrip
Posted Image
Isn't she a beaut?
SuperGeek.

#17 ejrasmussen

ejrasmussen

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 07:22 PM

Posted Image

HeHe.

#18 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 07:51 PM

I thought we agreed to not use this thread...

I think that he measured these shots by eyeballing it and then adding 30-40'. A longshot with just an AR removal probably won't get 45' flat. Mine got 35' flat with an AR removal. I am also doubting the 95' with just an nf spring addition. The only mod difference between his carbine and his regular longshot (range wise) is the nf spring addition, yet the difference in range is 50'. I just don't see how that is possible. I could be wrong, though. streamlines tend to have horridly wavering ranges, especially in wind.

Anyway, I don't want to post without a picture, so here is an old picture of my unfinished ls-mav integration. In this picture, it just had the ARs removed from both guns, and both guns fire from the ls trigger. The ls trigger had to be heavily modded to do this.
Posted Image

And for all you that doubted the ranges, feast your eyes on this.

Muker

#19 turtlefreak25

turtlefreak25

• Banned
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 04:46 PM

Nice longshots! Ilike the carbine better though :D

#20 burntcustard

burntcustard

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 04:55 PM

Nice longshots! Ilike the carbine better though :D

1. This thread is old (even half the pictures don't work anymore) and without real need to it shouldn't have been bumped.

2. You should check your posts for grammatical errors such as "Ilike".

3. Hide from the moderators.

4. Why am I doing their job for them?..

5. I'm complaining about other peoples post quality already, and I think this is only my second post :S Shame on me.. ah well, happy nerfing!
~βμґηtçμştąґd~

#21 OnyxZenith

OnyxZenith

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 12:24 PM

Nice longshots! Ilike the carbine better though :wacko:

1. This thread is old (even half the pictures don't work anymore) and without real need to it shouldn't have been bumped.

2. You should check your posts for grammatical errors such as "Ilike".

3. Hide from the moderators.

4. Why am I doing their job for them?..

5. I'm complaining about other peoples post quality already, and I think this is only my second post :S Shame on me.. ah well, happy nerfing!

Pssst hey!.... Just letting you know... *cough* Heads up and it's been nice knowing you.
SoothSayer-

"Just adding some lube and twisting it back and forth for a while should make it easier"

Subscribe to my Music page and mods >> http://www.youtube.com/user/OnyxMP312

#22 grim

grim

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 10:15 PM

<post deleted>
Sorry, posted in wrong thread

Edited by grim, 28 March 2010 - 10:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users