Renforced Ls Bolt Sled

simple, but I haven;t seen it done besides machining a new one

2 replies to this topic

#1 ice

ice

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 06:28 PM

Ok, I have found a very cheap and effective way to reinforce a bolt of an LS for even the strongest of spring replacements. I will have pics later tonight, when I take apart my LS to add my newly bought BBB spring. Anyway, sorry if this has been posted before, but I searched for it and never found it.

All I did was buy plumbers epoxy putty, which was only $3, and apply it to the inside of the sled. I rolled it to usable point, and then flattened it as best as possible on the inside of the entire sled, NOT THE OUTSIDE. I let it sit in the gun while I did this, constantly checking that it wouldn't interfere with any movement around the clip, seeing that there so close together. I let it sit for an hour before I actually re assembled the hole gun.

Luckily, it was such a thin coat that it didn;t interfere with any movement at all, but still made the sled about 3 times stiffer and more stable. I'm at my grandparents at the moment, and have my LS with me, but not a screwdriver, so I can show you what it looks like still in the gun, but as I said, I will take it out and take more detailed pics later tonight when I get home.

Posted Image

It's the light gray stuff just above the piece that guides the clip in place. And as you can see, I left the sides unputtied as well, for fear of movement restriction.
<!--quoteo(post=206428:date=Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM:name=Mukersman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mukersman @ Jan 25 2009, 05:17 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Turd stefans. When I pulled these out of the pillow case i was just like, what... the... fuck...
Muker
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#2 ejrasmussen

ejrasmussen

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 09:00 PM

I like it. easy cheap and helpfull. Thanks, I kinda needed a little help with my sled.

#3 bobafan

bobafan

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 10:30 PM

I hope you roughed up the plastic or something. Epoxy putty tends to pop off of plastic or chip when it gets alot of stress especially when it is a thin piece.

Atleast that is what has happened with me.
thaygor: all i remimber is pumping it hard and shooting than trying to pump again

---

<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah.i sent them to her dad

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users