Photo

Ar Removal

9 replies to this topic

#1 BOULDASAUR

BOULDASAUR

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 01:52 PM

When it comes to removing air restrictors, it seems people spend a whole lot of time getting the damned things out of guns in which they aren't easy to access, i.e. the Recon. Now, I don't know if other people have discovered this or not, but, out of complete laziness and impatience, it seems that just simply drilling a hole through the center of the air restrictor works just as well as completely removing it. I've done this with my Recon and Crossfire (which I call a Luger) and they work like charms. Hopefully this isn't something that's blatantly obvious that I somehow missed on the site. Have other people noticed/tried this?
Get me out of this air conditioned nightmare.

#2 nerfer9

nerfer9

• Members
  • 680 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 02:27 PM

Well,yes this is completely obvious.Many members do this.

#3 Silencer

Silencer

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 02:46 PM

I do that along with many other people. Yes, it is obvious, no offense.
TMC

#4 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 03:16 PM

I was too lazy, so I did this with my Longshot. Worked wonders on the range.
QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#5 BOULDASAUR

BOULDASAUR

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 03:55 PM

Alright, good. Sorry for asking a stupid question, then. I've just never seen it on here and I always see posts in which people are saying things like, "Yeah, it sucks but dremel out the air restrictor and it took me like 2 hours!" instead of, "Yeah, it's easy. Just drill through the AR. It took me about 10 seconds."

Anyway, thanks for verifying this.
Get me out of this air conditioned nightmare.

#6 donz2323

donz2323

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 04:05 PM

Alright, good. Sorry for asking a stupid question, then. I've just never seen it on here and I always see posts in which people are saying things like, "Yeah, it sucks but dremel out the air restrictor and it took me like 2 hours!" instead of, "Yeah, it's easy. Just drill through the AR. It took me about 10 seconds."

Anyway, thanks for verifying this.

It's been covered, use a 1/2 inch wood drill bit, and power drill. Takes 20 seconds and takes out the restrictor as a whole, as well as providing smooth low restriction air passage.

#7 nerf 4 t w

nerf 4 t w

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 07:18 PM

an easy way to get the ar "out" of a recon is by raming the frnt of it(the side with the pole)with a skinny screw driver but try not the bend the pole cause it's kinda hard to center it again =D,so u don't realy take it out u break it and leave it in broken

#8 Philote

Philote

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 07:50 PM

an easy way to get the ar "out" of a recon is by raming the frnt of it(the side with the pole)with a skinny screw driver but try not the bend the pole cause it's kinda hard to center it again =D,so u don't realy take it out u break it and leave it in broken

I wouldn't do anything that involves violently jamming a screwdriver down the barrel of my Recon to take the AR out.
EPH!
What do I wnat for my birthday? The usual, money, a Xbox Game, and a throng of bearded men. You know, the usual stuff.

#9 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 12:41 PM

You know, I tried that with my recon, and no go. I am only 13, so I'm not as strong as most of the members here, but I'm no wimp, but I successfully bent two screwdrivers, and sat there for an hour or two frustrated with the damn thing. Nerf_4_t_w, I would just reccomend drilling. But there was a time when I had access to only screwdrivers and pliers, and I drilled out the air restricotr in a crossfire with a screwdriver. Yeah. A screwdriver.
QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#10 Commander Cody

Commander Cody

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 01:12 PM

Yeah its really not all that bad. I took the AR out of my LS yesterday with a power drill. Super easy.
"An open mind is like a fortress, with its gates un-barred and un-guarded" -Space Marine Librarian

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users