First Shot Modification

CPVC Coupler

14 replies to this topic

#1 OfAllTheNerf

OfAllTheNerf

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 09:01 PM

A couple days late, but here nonetheless.

Here it is.

Posted Image

Open it up.

Posted Image

Take out the plunger chamber.

Posted Image

Pull out that white peg. It should come free with a little force (I used needle-nosed pliers).

Posted Image

Now break off/sand down those angled walls around the peg-holder.

Posted Image

You can now glue a barrel or coupler onto it, I chose to add a CPVC coupler.

Posted Image

Now take a look at the trigger area. This isn't necessary, but I believe it makes the gun more reliable. Take a look at Cx's Maxshot mod on the front page.

Posted Image

Take this piece out.

Posted Image

And glua a screw/ other type of blockage here.

Posted Image

Now cut off the screw ports on the left side of the shell like this to accomodate the new coupler.

Posted Image

As you probably noticed, I cut off the front of the gun so I could load barrels easier.

Finished internals.

Posted Image

Closed up.

Posted Image

Close up of where I cut off.

Posted Image

With barrels.

Posted Image

Currently it has a sticky trigger, but I'm going to open it up and fix that soon. Other than that it's a great sidearm. No ranges yet, I'll try and get some up tomorrow.

Questions, Comments?

-OfAll'
[color=#FF6600][Finesse]-[BitchX]

#2 Green-Buckshot

Green-Buckshot

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 09:12 PM

Nice... Is there anyway to change the cocking mechanism? The "pull-up" thing seems a little cumbersome.
QUOTE(A side of nerf @ May 18 2008, 12:33 PM) View Post

Also, could you post some more revealing pictures?

#3 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 09:37 PM

Nice. I would suggest that you should use Plumber's Goop over the hot glue for the coupler. The hot glue seal will break.

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#4 OfAllTheNerf

OfAllTheNerf

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 09:42 PM

Green, yes, you could. You could just attach a cocking rod of some sort to the end. Doing this would make it extremely harder to cock, however. The reason the cocking mechanism is the way it is is because it gives you "mechanical advantage" while cocking it. Basically it makes it easier to cock.

Dayko, that is actually plumbers goop; I agree, hot glue doesn't work very well.

#5 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 09:45 PM

OATN your are doing a great job of keeping me entertained and busy updating the directory.
Good work.

When I first modified this pistol back when I was starting out, I did it with 9/16" brass. The range was shit. Like 35+ feet shit. I remember I fired the first dart, it landed in horrible ranges. Then when I fired the second dart, I remember seeing it leave the barrel in such a slow way that before the dart hit the ground the Lanard first shot was in mid air on a one way flight to the roof.

One thing to keep in mind here kiddies: Don't actually Roof your garbage first shots. The spring they have inside of them are very strong and are an excellent replacement for other smaller nerf pistols.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#6 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 09:48 PM

Dayko, that is actually plumbers goop; I agree, hot glue doesn't work very well.

My bad. You said glue so I thought hot glue.

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#7 OfAllTheNerf

OfAllTheNerf

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 10:11 PM

OATN your are doing a great job of keeping me entertained and busy updating the directory.
Good work.

When I first modified this pistol back when I was starting out, I did it with 9/16" brass. The range was shit. Like 35+ feet shit. I remember I fired the first dart, it landed in horrible ranges. Then when I fired the second dart, I remember seeing it leave the barrel in such a slow way that before the dart hit the ground the Lanard first shot was in mid air on a one way flight to the roof.

One thing to keep in mind here kiddies: Don't actually Roof your garbage first shots. The spring they have inside of them are very strong and are an excellent replacement for other smaller nerf pistols.

Thanks :D . I'm running out of guns to modify... Expect one or two more tomorrow though (but don't hold me to it, might be a couple days like last time :P).

I agree, I don't really expect anything great from this gun. Even though it's spring is pretty powerful, it doesn't strike me as getting average ranges (45'+). I'll check for sure tomorrow though.

The spring definitely would go nicely in something like an NF, it's damn powerful for it's size.

Dayko: It's cool. I'll be more specific next time; I just checked the picture and it does look kinda' like hot glue.

-OfAll'

Edited by OfAllTheNerf, 05 April 2008 - 10:12 PM.

#8 Quilan Fett

Quilan Fett

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 12:21 AM

I had one of these that I loved, but it broke after less than an hour. The stupid cocking mechanism broke. I didn't buy a maxshot when I had the chance because of that.
SNAP Shotgun

This guy can see the future!

QUOTE(pokemaster @ Mar 3 2009, 04:18 PM) View Post

hasbro in a nerf war!!!!! dude the will cancel it and confinscate are guns

#9 OfAllTheNerf

OfAllTheNerf

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 06:53 AM

I had one of these that I loved, but it broke after less than an hour. The stupid cocking mechanism broke. I didn't buy a maxshot when I had the chance because of that.

That's odd... I've been using this stock for about a year (just dry firing it from time to time), and it's held up great... If you ever get another chance I'd suggest seriously thinking about getting a maxshot. Unless it's defective it won't break on you (it will, eventually, but not the cocking mechanism). They're great guns.

#10 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 11:25 AM

I love the mod. But what does the extra screw do? Also just as a suggestion you might want to put some spray foam in around the coupler to make it a nice flat, smooth end(with some sanding of course)...

#11 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 11:36 AM

OfAll', I'm pretty sure your 7th and 8th pictures are of the same thing. Unless I'm missing something...

Other than that, good modification and writeup (as usual).

Edited by jwasko, 06 April 2008 - 11:40 AM.

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#12 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 02:13 PM

Man, you have posted like 5 write-ups or something in the last week. You really have taken advantage of spring break. I like it, but where are those ranges you promised yesterday?
QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#13 OfAllTheNerf

OfAllTheNerf

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 05:58 PM

Jwasko: Heh, yeah they are :D. I guess I forgot to copy one of the urls while uploading the pics. Can't change it now though...

Man, you have posted like 5 write-ups or something in the last week. You really have taken advantage of spring break. I like it, but where are those ranges you promised yesterday?

I'm actually not on spring break right now... But thanks.

Ranges are pretty abysmal, the worst was about 18' and the best around 45' with skip, and the other two landed at around 30'.

Glad you all enjoyed it!

#14 Green-Buckshot

Green-Buckshot

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 03:08 PM

Wow. Live and learn. Have you tested the ranges with certain pistols after the addition of the First Shot spring, or is this just speculation? If you've tested them with certain pistols, could you PM me with the original versus new spring?
QUOTE(A side of nerf @ May 18 2008, 12:33 PM) View Post

Also, could you post some more revealing pictures?

#15 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 10:43 PM

I cannot remember which gun it works best in. I want to say crossfire but it was along time ago and I cannot remember.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users