Photo

Clips?

2 replies to this topic

#1 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 04:35 PM

I have a hard time believing that this has never been mentioned before, but I was unable to find anything about whether a magstrike clip can work in a powerclip. I recently aquired a PC and want to mod it, and I have a spare MS clip.
QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#2 Flantre

Flantre

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 04:36 PM

I have a hard time believing that this has never been mentioned before, but I was unable to find anything about whether a magstrike clip can work in a powerclip. I recently aquired a PC and want to mod it, and I have a spare MS clip.

I think it was mentioned in a few threads. They probably wouldn't turn up in a search though. To answer you question no I don't think they do.

Edited by Flantre, 05 April 2008 - 04:38 PM.

#3 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 04:47 PM

You would have to heavily modify the Powerclip shell. The guide ridges on the Powerclip clip are at different locations compared to the Magstrike clip.
Posted Image
Posted Image
http://www.yakman.i8.com/powerclip.htm
I wouldn't recommend trying. Aside from part placement, the Magstrike and Powerclip are almost identical internally. There's really no point in trying to swap the parts back and forth between body shells.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 05 April 2008 - 04:54 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users