Crayola Barrel Coupler

Simple and quick.

9 replies to this topic

#1 Bonzipon

Bonzipon

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 05:32 PM

Earlier today, I decided it was time I put something up for the NERF community to see, so here it is.

You will need:
a marker and the cap
a screwdriver
a knife or a dremel
tape

Okay, so you start with your marker.

Posted Image

Take off the cap and save it for later. You may want to mark the end that attaches to the marker.

Posted Image

Make your crayola barrel with the exception of cutting off the front piece.

Posted Image

Make sure it's smooth on the inside, you may want to grind out a bit with a knife or a dremel.

Posted Image

See the tip of the cap... That has to go.

Posted Image

Take ether a screwdriver of a knife to it and make it nice and smooth on the inside. DO NOT GET RID OF THE PART THAT ATTACHES TO THE MARKER!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Take you tape and wrap it around the part of the marker that will be at the front of the barrel. Be sure to leave a couple millimeters's or 1cm. NOTE>>> I didn't, and it makes a very messy barrel tip. Insert the Crayola CAP into the barrel. Now you can clip in any Crayola barrel with the tip on it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Please don't post while I put up some pictures of before and after the Crayola coupler was added.

Sorry for the larger pictures.

Here's before the coupler inserted.

Posted Image

And here's a few after pictures, some with me displaying the barrel capabilities.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

It can use darts.

Posted Image

But, it can still use arrows, too.

Posted Image

Thanks for reading and I hop you all like it.
Comments, Praise Criticism?
I'm with the vampires of course.

Rawr.

#2 Wax

Wax

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 05:46 PM

Interesting. It doesn't seem very sturdy, and unless I'm looking at things wrong (entirely possible) then it wouldn't be useful for rear loaded barrels, but it is a creative solution for a coupler. It would be a very easy and convenient place to start modding guns, especially if you have friends that are lazy. I'd much rather use PVC / CPVC couples with barrels nested inside if need be, because they're sturdy and I have no desire to use the stock arrows.

Oh, suggestion on the pictures. If you need a closeup of a part like a marker cap, hold the camera further away and zoom in. It can only focus on things beyond a certain minimum distance away. Alternatively, your camera may have a macro mode that you could utilize.

Edited by Wax, 04 April 2008 - 06:02 PM.

Wax in the Nerf universe, wax4213 everywhere else.

#3 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 05:57 PM

Cool. This is good, but I don't think it is the sturdiest, like Wax said, but I think this would be very useful for single shot secondaries like the nite-finder, scout, crossfire, etc.
QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#4 Bonzipon

Bonzipon

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 06:04 PM

Oh, suggestion on the pictures. If you need a closeup of a part like a marker cap, hold the camera further away and zoom in. It can only focus on things beyond a certain minimum distance away. Alternatively, your camera may have a macro mode that you could utilize.

Wax: Thanks for the tip, I don't usually use camera's, so I'll be sure to ask my sister if this is possible.

Both Wax and Bomberman: It is quite sturdy, but I have noticed that after many, many uses, the barrels get worn down from replacing them repeatedly. It makes it easy to reaload which is basically what I was gunning for. Just carry around X ammount of Crayola barrels and your set.

EDIT>>> Quote acted wierd, so I fixed it.

Edited by Bonzipon, 04 April 2008 - 06:06 PM.

Rawr.

#5 Tehmandude

Tehmandude

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 07:54 PM

I kind of don't see the difference between my Crayola Barrel BBB and this one. Except that the cap is used.

Edit: Never mind, I see the difference.

Edited by Tehmandude, 04 April 2008 - 08:04 PM.

QUOTE(umdlancer @ Mar 25 2008, 04:29 AM) View Post

If you accidentally clock somebody with a doubleshot, then you're more liable to break the doubleshot than you are to cause serious injury.

PM me if selling a NIB or LNNB LnL.

#6 Wax

Wax

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 08:13 PM

I kind of don't see the difference between my Crayola Barrel BBB and this one. Except that the cap is used.

To make it so your post actually contains some potentially useful information, you could describe what the difference is. Maybe provide us with a link to what your BBB is like so that we can see it for ourselves.

#7 OfAllTheNerf

OfAllTheNerf

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 08:22 PM

Interesting, and while I personally detest using crayola's as a replacement barrel (I jumped immediately to brass with my first barrel replacement), this does seem to add some functionality. I think that a crayola would be too short to use in a BBB, but it's better than nothing.

Nice work, it's nice it can still use arrows.
[color=#FF6600][Finesse]-[BitchX]

#8 Tehmandude

Tehmandude

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 08:59 PM

To make it so your post actually contains some potentially useful information, you could describe what the difference is. Maybe provide us with a link to what your BBB is like so that we can see it for ourselves.

http://nerfhaven.com...topic=11030&hl=

That's my mod. I also use a crayola barrel, but I don't insert the cap in mine.
QUOTE(umdlancer @ Mar 25 2008, 04:29 AM) View Post

If you accidentally clock somebody with a doubleshot, then you're more liable to break the doubleshot than you are to cause serious injury.

PM me if selling a NIB or LNNB LnL.

#9 Bonzipon

Bonzipon

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 11:44 AM

It's not your mod because mine uses the cap to have replacable preloaded barrels so that it acts as a quick reload sort of thing. That's the difference.

Rawr.

#10 Wax

Wax

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 03:58 PM

Yup, that looks like the difference to me. Thanks for posting the link to your mod.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users