Photo

Grinding?

BBB orange cocking piece grinding or chafing?

8 replies to this topic

#1 Bonzipon

Bonzipon

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 03:23 PM

Well, I recently bought a BBB at my Canadian Tire and did a basic AR removal/drilling, and my creation, I think ,the Crayola Coupler. I intend to make a write-up for the Crayola Coupler unless anyone else has heard of or done it before. I have noticed that, even after the relatively small number of times that I have fired my gun, the "pull back mechanism" (what it's called on the box) is being wore down. I have searched and searched for reinforcements but can't find any. Is this ecause it is only happening to me? Thanks in advance.

BonziPon
I'm with the vampires of course.

Rawr.

#2 deaddumpster

deaddumpster

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 03:28 PM

I've done that before, but with Hi-Liters. I intend to do a writeup soon. My BBB was fucked up for a while and I never figured it out, then one day it started working. I know this isn't a normal problem, but open the thing up and try to fix that peice.

Can we get some pics?
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 15 2009, 01:55 PM) View Post

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. A good nerf gun is like a good woman. It shouldn't require extra lubrication.

#3 Bonzipon

Bonzipon

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 03:58 PM

I know pictures would make this alot easier ,but, at the moment... no, I can't get a picture on account of my sisters mad at me and won't let me use her camera. <_< I'll try to get a picture, but I have no clue if I will be able to.

EDIT>>>> I got pictures, but sadly they were really blurry and you couldn't make out the damage done.

Edited by Bonzipon, 04 April 2008 - 04:36 PM.

Rawr.

#4 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 04:25 PM

Open the gun up, and MAKE SURE that the little pieces that fit in the grooves, that allow it to cock, are in place. If they are rubbing up against the inside of the shell. But do you mean it is hard to cock, or you can feel something rubbing up against the inside of the shell?
QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#5 Bonzipon

Bonzipon

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 04:43 PM

You can feel it grinding, but it doesn't really make cocking hard. I have pretty much quit using my BBB (one day old) until I have it fixed. I have just checked, and it all fits. I am seriously hoping that it is just the effects of a new gun being worn in.

Rawr.

#6 Maeric

Maeric

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 08:05 PM

Did you keep the white disk that some call an AR? Its a plunger stop, so leave it in there.
Active on H3Artificer as Halacar. GT: Halacar send me an invite if you wanna forge.
I'm amazing at Forza3! I destroyed the engine of a 2mil C car by downshifting! YAY!
I hate you. And all noobs who are like "OMFG i r liek, glued sh1t 2 shit. jak offf ma ego. NAOW!"

#7 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 10:09 PM

You can feel it grinding, but it doesn't really make cocking hard.

I was going to resist posting in this thread, but this reply sealed the deal.

If your Big Bad Bow is grinding against things you should consider getting it neutered.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#8 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 11:22 PM

I never thought I'd see the day when someone created a topic with the words "grinding, cocking and chafing" all together in a single thread title.

-Groove

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#9 Bonzipon

Bonzipon

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 11:39 AM

Maeric: Yes I kept it in but I took out the rest of the AR.

Captain Slug: HaHa. The humour is erupting from my mouth.

Groove: Now you have seen the day. Is't it pleasant?

Rawr.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users