Photo

Elephant Gun's Anyone

41 replies to this topic

#26 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 05 April 2008 - 09:53 PM

You do know that rifles that big are almost impossible to aim, right?

Anyway, everyone and their mom know that Mr. Norris carries a railgun.

Chuck Norris has nothing on Segata Sanshiro. Just take a look.

I know the video's long, but Segata Sanshiro doesn't need a gun to make people explode. He throws them.
I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

#27 Quilan Fett

Quilan Fett

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 06 April 2008 - 12:18 AM

Blake Buck! I remember listening to that podcast back when it was still with IMG. Good times.
SNAP Shotgun

This guy can see the future!

QUOTE(pokemaster @ Mar 3 2009, 04:18 PM) View Post

hasbro in a nerf war!!!!! dude the will cancel it and confinscate are guns

#28 euphemism

euphemism

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 04:56 PM

hXc is not so much hardcore but straight-edge, which is an offshoot. It represents a lifestyle free of drugs and alcohol. And some other stuff.

Actually, hXc is hardcore, sXe is straight edge.

#29 Green-Buckshot

Green-Buckshot

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 09:28 PM

No, I'm pretty sure hXc is straight-edge, hence the X in the middle, but I suppose it doesn't matter in the scheme of things. Straight-edgers are weird anyway. Though not as weird as emos.
QUOTE(A side of nerf @ May 18 2008, 12:33 PM) View Post

Also, could you post some more revealing pictures?

#30 pulletman

pulletman

• Banned
  • 156 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 02:48 AM

Dude, why the fuck do we even have these? Hunting elephants is almost always illegal. (Although I hear the just re legalized it somewhere.)
QUOTE(Ro-Sham-Bo @ Mar 28 2008, 08:28 PM) View Post

(Never heard an old woman scream so loud) -Don't sigg that

QUOTE(Crimmy @ Apr 23 2008, 09:31 AM) View Post

i'm retarded

#31 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 02:50 AM

Dude, why the fuck do we even have these?

Because we can.

Oh, and bears.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#32 zaphodB

zaphodB

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 11:50 AM

Bears: almost always a reason to do anything.
Alice came to the fork in the road.
"Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

#33 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 12:32 PM

Well, in Columbus and other U.S. cities, we have had a recent elephant outbreak so we need elephant gun rounds in our elephant guns. We have started training children ages 8+ (similar to Nerf guns) to use elephant pistol and rifles to protect themselves. We have also instituted a GUNS FOR EVERYONE ™ program.

I am a proud owner of a elephant gun.

NAAAAAAT

Edited by Lynx, 13 April 2008 - 12:33 PM.

Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#34 pulletman

pulletman

• Banned
  • 156 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 12:46 PM

Dude, why the fuck do we even have these?

Because we can.

Oh, and bears.

Thats the same reason for doing integrations! Yay! I win!
QUOTE(Ro-Sham-Bo @ Mar 28 2008, 08:28 PM) View Post

(Never heard an old woman scream so loud) -Don't sigg that

QUOTE(Crimmy @ Apr 23 2008, 09:31 AM) View Post

i'm retarded

#35 LastManAlive

LastManAlive

• Members
  • 686 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 07:46 PM

With some help with my cousin I dished out 350 bucks for a BFR (Magnum Research) .460 Magnum (.470 Marlin). I am now doing soem gunsmithing to get ready to sell the bastard. It shoots like a friggin' horse. But as far as home defense I'd say if the intruder doesn't shit themself to death then the percussion from the shot would kill them alone even if I missed.
He came, He saw, and he conquered... But where did everyone go?

#36 eddieoctane

eddieoctane

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 01:29 PM

Bears: almost always a reason to do anything.

Yeah. So are people from Camden.

Big game hunting is one of those things that I get mixed feelings about. Taking on a charging elephant is impressive and all, but when there is like 20 of them left because some prick wants a solid ivory bedframe, it feels wrong.
C8H18

#37 Homestarune

Homestarune

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 07:10 PM

Holy Jesus, can you say "Headshot!"
We're not discouraging people from joining a Nerf forum, we're discouraging them from joining this forum. It's an important distinction because, frankly, we don't give a shit. The Haven was created to escape the idiotic masses, now they're all here. -cxwq

#38 bogboogalars

bogboogalars

• Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 07:49 PM

Nah if you shot somebody in the head with an elephant gun, from their shoulders to their head would be gone...Even if you knicked someone with one it would prolly kill them...

#39 eddieoctane

eddieoctane

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 09:59 PM

At the speed those rounds move at (more than mach 2) it is far more likely that they go straight through a person rather than obliterating the target. After all, big game hunters wanted a trophy. A gun that would do that much damage would probably destroy enough of the animal for making a trophy out of it difficult. And what is the fun of hunting elephants if you can't lop off its head and stick it on a wall?
C8H18

#40 PC III

PC III

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 10:51 PM

At the speed those rounds move at (more than mach 2) it is far more likely that they go straight through a person rather than obliterating the target. After all, big game hunters wanted a trophy. A gun that would do that much damage would probably destroy enough of the animal for making a trophy out of it difficult. And what is the fun of hunting elephants if you can't lop off its head and stick it on a wall?

its the sheer impact at those speeds that alliterates it, not necessarily the round expanding. Trust me the target would be obliterated if human sized, but there is a lot more spare meat in an elephant.
QUOTE(ultra920 @ May 19 2008, 06:18 PM) View Post

Don't want to shove balls in tight spaces. Trust me, bad idea.

For sale: Vintage WWII French rifles. Dropped once, never fired.

#41 Homestarune

Homestarune

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 01:49 PM

Nah if you shot somebody in the head with an elephant gun, from their shoulders to their head would be gone...Even if you knicked someone with one it would prolly kill them...

Have you ever seen what a .50 cal shot to an "unprotected" head does? It practically rips their freaking head off. That .60 cal pistol would demolish your face.
We're not discouraging people from joining a Nerf forum, we're discouraging them from joining this forum. It's an important distinction because, frankly, we don't give a shit. The Haven was created to escape the idiotic masses, now they're all here. -cxwq

#42 eddieoctane

eddieoctane

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 06:29 PM

its the sheer impact at those speeds that alliterates it, not necessarily the round expanding. Trust me the target would be obliterated if human sized, but there is a lot more spare meat in an elephant.

A .50 BMG actually carries more kinetic energy than a .700 Nitro Express. And while a shot to the head will look like a smashed watermelon, a hit to the center of mass will probably just leave a decent-sized exit wound. So you may not have a head, but your shoulders will still be intact. A shot in the chest will leave you in 1 piece. That is what I meant.

A .50 BGM is about 52 grams and travels at about 882m/s. a .700 Nitro Express is 65 grams and 776m/s (20,500J and 19500J respectively). Look it up if you don't believe me.
C8H18

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users