The Maverick Problem Thread

post your crap about mavericks here!

4 replies to this topic

#1 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 05:08 PM

I have noticed A LOT of threads about people having trouble with their mavs. Two just today, so I thought that this thread would clear things up a bit. This thread is for posting your crap that has gone wrong with your maverick, so there are'nt constantly new topics popping up. There was one of these posted over at NHQ, and it was stickied immediately. I hope this one does too. And some maverick mods to also clear things up:
Standard Air restrictor removal, it helped me.
Improving the seal between the plunger and turret
Captain Slug's swappable clip mod
Maverick Tune up, improving trigger spring, rotation mech, etc.
Fixing a broken Mav slider bar
Air restrictor removal, but with foam and straws. It's cool.
Creations:
The double Maverick
And....
THE NITE-MAV!!

I hope this gets a sticky!

EDIT: Sorry, forgot to say, I got all the mods from the write-up directory.

Edited by Bomberman, 03 April 2008 - 05:37 PM.

QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#2 Flantre

Flantre

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 05:22 PM

I have noticed A LOT of threads about people having trouble with their mavs. Two just today, so I thought that this thread would clear things up a bit. This thread is for posting your crap that has gone wrong with your maverick, so there are'nt constantly new topics popping up. There was one of these posted over at NHQ, and it was stickied immediately. I hope this one does too. And some maverick mods to also clear things up:
Standard Air restrictor removal, it helped me.
Improving the seal between the plunger and turret
Captain Slug's swappable clip mod
Maverick Tune up, improving trigger spring, rotation mech, etc.
Fixing a broken Mav slider bar
Air restrictor removal, but with foam and straws. It's cool.
Creations:
The double Maverick
And....
THE NITE-MAV!!

I hope this gets a sticky!

I don't mean to bash you man but any one with half a mind to search could of came up with these links. The real problem is that no one searches before they post (I dont mean you), but then again compiling data on things wrong with the maverick sounds like an ok basis for a topic. Although it would just be better to have a repair thread for all guns, rather then just one.

Also most people just post asking how to fix something rather then trying to fix it before hand, mabye we should get a sticky on how to put effort into something. Sorry if I sound like an asshole saying all of this.

Edited by Flantre, 03 April 2008 - 05:35 PM.

#3 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 05:35 PM

Oh, you're not. I forgot to say that I got em from the Mod directory. And I just saw one over at nerf hq, and thought it would be useful over here.
QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#4 xNFx 37

xNFx 37

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 05:44 PM

Well, (obviously) my problem is that my turret won't seal with the plunger at all. I also did Forsaken's mod and it still doesn't work. I might have to look into a new turret (for my nite-mav).
it also has a cock on it

-Chief

#5 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 09:05 PM

Want to know why this is on Nerfhq? Its filled with noobs. Ignorant sons of a mothers who want everything spoon fed to them. Even though there are a lot of good people there, Nerfhaven isn't the place for this I think
Timothy M-Lick <3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users