Possible New Ammo?

rubberish bullets

16 replies to this topic

#1 Bonzipon

Bonzipon

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 03:20 PM

This is taken off of a site called kapowwe.com, here is a link to the ammo. http://www.kapowwe.c...ed&Store_Code=R

Related Item(s)

Posted Image

12 SOFT BULLETS EXTRA AMMO
Code:1-1-128
Price: $4.95

Edit: photo didn't work the first time.

Edited by Bonzipon, 02 April 2008 - 03:23 PM.

I'm with the vampires of course.

Rawr.

#2 Jollex

Jollex

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 03:22 PM

It might work but you would need a small barrel.

EDIT: I was just posting the photo cause when you posted it, it didn't work.

Edited by Jollex, 02 April 2008 - 03:29 PM.

#3 Bonzipon

Bonzipon

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 03:26 PM

Jollex, what is that for?

The site also has working grenade launchers that shoot large rubber balls to a claimed 20 ft. average. Some rifles on the site also shoot small rubber balls. If you want links to any items I can post them.

Edit: Spelling error

Edited by Bonzipon, 02 April 2008 - 03:45 PM.

Rawr.

#4 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 03:28 PM

12 at $4.95 makes them $0.41 each. And that makes them 41 times more expensive than your average stefan which costs roughly one penny to make.

So what is your point exactly? Those are for air rifles anyways.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#5 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 03:46 PM

I have a few little darts like this from a little dollar-store-ish gun. The gun actually gets decent range (Maybe 30ish feet), the ammo seems pretty good. But they are plastic/rubber, and therefore not in the spirit of nerf.
I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

#6 Bonzipon

Bonzipon

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 03:49 PM

Well, they open a lot of opportunities, such as not only usings darts. For example a pistol would have the pistol rounds and a rifle would have the rifle rounds, whereas with darts all guns use the same ammo. Technically it's a plus side, but what I'm trying to get at is that it's something new, and not everyone has the available resources to make stefans' or CDTDs'. It's just an idea anyways.

Rawr.

#7 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 03:52 PM

Those would be interesting to experiment with, but I don't see them being very good in a war...
[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#8 Bonzipon

Bonzipon

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 03:53 PM

They are a plastic/rubber? It looks and sounds like they are a dense foam like that of a stress ball. Hmmmmm.

Rawr.

#9 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 03:58 PM

These would by no means be practical. I mean, think of range, Since they are all rubber, they probably don't ahve a good weight-legnth ratio, so they would not go as far. And they are expensive, and you can't get them in bulk either. I say, stick to darts, or some form of foam.
QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#10 Bonzipon

Bonzipon

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 04:03 PM

Ok. As for the "grenade ammo" what would you all say of that, on account of it's a sphere and not a tube shape, I've heard of the drag being crazy and that's why ball guns suck, but I have no clue how that all works. Shine some light anybody?

Rawr.

#11 joeyaglr444

joeyaglr444

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 04:52 PM

I have this ammo, Uhh its empty inside lol! It might be useful if you have good power in the weapon its being fired out of but the bullet needs more weight , IN that case through in a weight and add hot glue and see what happens.

I don't think it'll be very practical, but its worth a try.
Boys Become Men....Men Become Wolves

Blaffair to Rememblack.

#12 Bonzipon

Bonzipon

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 09:51 AM

Is it more of a rubber or just a dense foam then?

Rawr.

#13 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 12:13 PM

Well, they open a lot of opportunities, such as not only usings darts. For example a pistol would have the pistol rounds and a rifle would have the rifle rounds, whereas with darts all guns use the same ammo. Technically it's a plus side, but what I'm trying to get at is that it's something new, and not everyone has the available resources to make stefans' or CDTDs'. It's just an idea anyways.

No I'm sorry, nothing about this is a good idea.
If you use unique ammo at a Nerf war and your gun can't use anything else you're going to shit-out-of-luck in the middle of a round unless you're carrying more than 50 of them with you at all times. A War-capable blaster should be able to shoot almost any dart that you can pick up from the ground at a Nerf war. If it can't then it's effectively useless.
Nevermind that the ammunition you're proposing is significantly more expensive and not any easier to obtain than the materials you need to make darts. Which you also can order online (I don't buy my supplies locally).
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#14 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 01:22 PM

No I'm sorry, nothing about this is a good idea.
If you use unique ammo at a Nerf war and your gun can't use anything else you're going to shit-out-of-luck in the middle of a round unless you're carrying more than 50 of them with you at all times. A War-capable blaster should be able to shoot almost any dart that you can pick up from the ground at a Nerf war. If it can't then it's effectively useless.

I’m going to disagree with you here because it doesn’t even necessarily work that way with stefans. At last summer’s SPANO, we had five or six different types of foam, and they weren’t interchangeable. Considering that too-skinny foam won’t go anywhere, and too-fat foam will jam in your barrel, it’s somewhat of a risk to grab a dart off the ground mid-round. That doesn’t even get into varying lengths.

As far as carrying 50 darts…that’s a good idea anyway. Fill up a pocket.

Universal foam is a nice idea, but doesn’t seem to work that way…at least from my limited experience. Anyway, if it did, we would all be using the same size barrels.
Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#15 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 01:47 PM

True, there are some shitty darts out there, but your assessment of picking up stray ammo is a little off base. While a lot of ammo will disapoint, at the beginning of any given war it is a good idea to check the prevalent batches out for surprise winners. Once you've been to a few wars it pretty easy to quickly judge weather or not a round will fire from your blaster (if you're familiar with the maker or the foam it is even easier). You can plainly see the way a dart was constructed and take into account the quality and weight of the dart by sight and feel. Once you try to put it in the barrel you should know imediately weather or not the dart is achieving the kind of fit you want. If in doubt, hold the dart for a moment of down time and test fire. The resulting shot should give you a good idea of weather or not you'll be using these in the future. In all likelyhood the darts you made will fire best from your weapon, but that should not stop you from picking up stray darts and at the very least holding on to them until the end of the round. People who don't pick up darts (often including their own) are a real pet peave of mine.

VACC

#16 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 02:14 PM

Oh, I didn’t mean to imply that it’s useless to try, just that it didn’t work in my recent (limited) experience. It wasn't quality...size was just highly variable. And I did try: none of the darts I tried worked for me. That, and I became leery of trying more after struggling to clear jams out of my breech. It was far easier for me to make sure I stayed stocked with darts at the beginning of a round.

I agree that more experience will help me discern usable ammo, and avoid jams. I just disagree with the notion that a blaster that can’t fire found ammo is useless. It’s not far-fetched to imagine a war when no found darts will work.

Edited by Carbon, 03 April 2008 - 02:15 PM.

Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#17 Bonzipon

Bonzipon

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 03:37 PM

Okay, I guess it all makes sense. Thanks for answering my questions. I have recently ordered in some FBR from my (sort of) local Home Hardware and it came in, so I won't be buying these.

Rawr.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users