Photo

Dollar Store Mod

12 replies to this topic

#1 BendyStraw

BendyStraw

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 02:26 PM

I believe I have it. This is probably the coolest mod I've done, ever. At least, in the past few months. I bring you:

The dollar store fucking walnut guru!

-------------
Introduction
-------------
I went to the dollar store. I bought a circus themed toy rifle that shoots orange rubber suction things. I then got in my car, took the parking ticket off my windshield, and went home.

Look at this beast!
Posted Image

This fires little suction-tipped rubber darts. They fold when you bend them, but when fired out of the gun, they get about three feet of range! Needless to say, they will replace stefans in all of my future nerf mods.

Don't believe that this gun has brutal power? Check this out, and believe:
Posted Image
Sorry about the blurry image, but the stuff that you are probably trying and failing to read is the warning label. It cautions against "using wrong the darts for rifle" and "not to eye or face the aim" Frown! A nerf gun is only fun when it blackens eyes at fifty feet. Lets mod this sucka and get some range out of it, eh?

----------
Materials
----------
You are going to need the following for this thang:

1) Dollar Tree "Circus" gun. The back of the package claims it has great merit, as it "Makes the impression of the circus shoting popular game." If this isn't going to get 100 feet modded, nothing will.
Posted Image
2) Pair of scissors

3) A brain

4) Mountain Dew (Five or six cans)

5) A maverick REV-6.

-------------
Instructions
-------------

Step one:
Throw the Maverick in the trash.

Step two:
Take a look at the internals of the gun. I managed to tear off the end and cut it open with scissors. I didn't have a screwdriver on me, but it's nothing a little duct tape can't fix. Fortunately, the plastic was probably made with a gelatin base with pulverized rats in it, so it is easily cutable without a dremel. I don't have a picture because the entire inside of the gun was created out of the same black plastic. Which means that my shitty camera didn't get anything but a big black gun-shaped blob. Fortunately, it wasn't very interesting, because it had no plunger, but relied on simply a spring-powered lever that would simply knock against the back of the dart to force it out.
Oh, and see the instructions? to pull it back, and fire?
Posted Image
Yeah. Those instructions are wrong. The gun doesn't even look like it does in that picture on the warning label. You pull the part that the scope fits on to fire. Gotta love the dollar store stuff. Children are guaranteed to not hurt themselves playing with this when you tell them the wrong way to actually make the gun fire. Brilliant. I expect Nerf to pick up on this soon, perhaps by saying that the Vulcan requires four D batteries to run.
I immediately took measures to allow the spring to stretch back farther.
Posted Image
After I cut out the back to make it fire farther... The range increased by 100 percent!

Step Three:
Drink some mountain dew. Mmmm, mountain dew.

Ranges:
Lost Dart (Under the desk)
ranges are in inches
As you can see, I got easily double the power, double the freshness from this gun! I recommend this gun for integrations, side-arms, and using the sharp plastic edges to cut your wrists when you realize that you are never going to be able to afford a crossbow.

The best part? It came with these AWESOME duck targets!
Posted Image

Here is a video, with a slide show, for real. Definitely not a popular music video from the 80s, starring a slim and sexy Rick Astley.

Mod powerfully, everyone, and have a great day.

EDIT: Updated video added. Ten times more awesome than anything, ever.

Edited by BendyStraw, 17 April 2008 - 01:40 PM.

WARNING - I'M BRUTALLY HARD TO READ!

#2 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 02:38 PM

Best. Mod. Ever. Seriously: people praise Angel, but he's really nothing compared to you.

...Poisson d'Avril, fools.

Edited by jwasko, 01 April 2008 - 02:42 PM.

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#3 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 02:51 PM

I feel awkward just by watching that video. Awesome mod, though!
Your dreams were tight like a baby

SGM's Shred Shop -Mod Service

NerfHaven's resident drama queen.

#4 Silencer

Silencer

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 03:11 PM

Ingenius and fantastic mod to such a....bad gun? Haha, I like the video, we just got "RICK ROLLED" as many people say.
TMC

#5 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 03:18 PM

...This is an April fool's joke, isn't it?
If it isn't, you may want to see a doctor.

Edited by Captain, 01 April 2008 - 03:20 PM.

I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

#6 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 06:27 PM

FYI no one wants to see your face.
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#7 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 06:55 PM

My mom wants me to stay away from people like you.

And those dollar store guns because they aren't really useful at all.
Timothy M-Lick <3

#8 PharaonArin

PharaonArin

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 06:55 PM

Holy Shit!! In a few of the pictures you kinda look like Foggle(sp?) from Superbad. Other then that, you're not that funny.

Edited by PharaonArin, 01 April 2008 - 06:56 PM.

#9 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 07:07 PM

Dude you kind of look like Weenaak.
Nice april fools mod.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#10 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 08:15 AM

HAHAHA. I laughed sooo hard when you said step 1, throw mav into garbage.
I personally hate the mav. Great mod. Way to turn a piece of crap into a slightly better piece of crap.
QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#11 BendyStraw

BendyStraw

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 08:33 AM

The gun really was quite pathetic. It would fire those little orange things so slow that they would actually spin around in the air as they flew about one foot. I was momentarily sad that I wasted a dollar, but then I realized that it was almost April 1, so...

I'm getting PMs telling me how my mod has changed people's lives, so I think this is a resounding success. I understand that this probably shouldn't have a bold, italicized, underlined, and colored orange entry in the mod directory, but do you really want to pass up this opportunity to inspire people to create new mods and mess around with mario paint?

Oh, and I'm glad that some people here have a sense of humor. I was sort of expecting that I would end up banned or something.
WARNING - I'M BRUTALLY HARD TO READ!

#12 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 09:30 AM

Awesome mod. :P We need more mods like this. I rate this mod 4.8791 out of a possible 4.8792

Edited by Galaxy613, 02 April 2008 - 10:39 AM.

[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#13 Cmdrmack

Cmdrmack

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 10:30 AM

Definitely one of the most interesting mods to read. I've been thinking about getting one of these kind of guns to see if they can actually do anything, and this mod answered that question.

My favorite part was the parking ticket.
QUOTE(Predalien_Ro @ Apr 7 2008, 10:24 PM) View Post

Oompa: FECES!? Who in their right mind would try that shit!?

Bigger Salvo

{FWPC}

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users