Photo

Stefans

6 replies to this topic

#1 bigbadmole

bigbadmole

• Banned
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 11:21 AM

I can't get my 1/2" Frost King Caulk Saver stefans in 1/2" cpvc without having to twist them in. Is it my cpvc or my stefans? (I wanted to ask this question 3 times since I had three question marks).

Edited by OMC:
Christ, what do they teach in schools these days? I've only been out of college 3 years, and high school 7. You are lucky I didn't get to you before other members were nice enough to answer your incoherent gibberish. This is NOT an Instant Message. Do not use it as such.

Edited by One Man Clan, 03 April 2008 - 07:43 AM.

owned in the face

me

#2 Flantre

Flantre

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 11:25 AM

i cant get my 1\2 frost king culck saver stefans in 1\2 cpvc without hafing twist them in it my stefans or is it the cpvc i got them both at lows

You know I had this same problem. I think it was the cpvc, you might want to try using a different piece. If that doesn’t work then I would reccomend burrowing out the insides of the cpvc just a little.

Edit: Is it just me or does wall thickness of cpvc vary from piece to piece?

Edited by Flantre, 01 April 2008 - 11:33 AM.

#3 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 11:35 AM

Your foam is just too big for CPVC. This is common. Try brass, or PETG.

Trying to modify the CPVC is doing it the hard (and ineffective) way.

Also: Please watch your typos, and use your shift key.
Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#4 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 11:40 AM

Caulksav'r is the brand of foam I use and it fits in 1/2 SCH80 pipe. But not in 1/2 CPVC.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#5 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 06:38 PM

Three things.

1) Frost King FBR is not known for consistency from batch to batch (or roll to roll). You might find that some samples fit better than others once you use more than one roll of FBR on darts.

2) 1/2" CPVC is tight on micros. This is an advantage in spring guns, but decreases the effectiveness of air guns.

3) Don't twist your darts into the barrel. Push them straight down. You can try stiffening the darts via drinking straw inserts in the centers, etc. to make that a little easier.
The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#6 Sleebo

Sleebo

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 08:00 PM

Edit: Is it just me or does wall thickness of cpvc vary from piece to piece?

It does vary, but it's very miniscule. There is a tolerance for the inner diameter for each type of pipe. But, it's so small that only people like us who really care about things like that would notice.

Edited by Sleebo, 02 April 2008 - 08:02 PM.

QUOTE(Predalien_Ro @ Apr 13 2008, 09:58 PM) View Post

QUOTE(Nonsense Man @ Apr 13 2008, 05:48 PM) View Post

Ya FA24 put felt in between the bolt handles and the shell of the gun.

FA24!? is that a grade of felt or something!?

#7 frost vectron

frost vectron

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 12:08 AM

I got your PM.

I use FBR from Ace Hardware. One roll I had fit CPVC very well and the second roll I bought is too thick for it. It all depends... I recommend using a good barrel material for your darts instead of trying to hunt down good dart material for your barrel.
Latest Modification: The Professional

"I am a leaf on the wind--watch how I soar" - Hoban "Wash" Washburne, Serenity.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users