Photo

Sidearm/secondary Guns

78 replies to this topic

#51 Thom

Thom

• Members
  • 759 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 09:33 AM

What sort of spring would you recommend? I used a #49 because I had it lying around, but of course it's too short. Would an AR-15 spring fit?

1/3 of an AR 15 spring would fit. Slug generally just cuts them down to whatever length fits comfortably with his plunger.

Wunderbar! I was eyeballing it, and it looked like it would either barely fit or barely… not. I guess I'll pick one up, then.

#52 zaphodB

zaphodB

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 09:33 AM

Out of curiosity, who lets you play with a singled titan? I certainly wouldn't be willing to let you shoot me with it.
Alice came to the fork in the road.
"Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

#53 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 09:37 AM

What sort of spring would you recommend? I used a #49 because I had it lying around, but of course it's too short. Would an AR-15 spring fit?

1/3 of an AR 15 spring would fit. Slug generally just cuts them down to whatever length fits comfortably with his plunger.

Wunderbar! I was eyeballing it, and it looked like it would either barely fit or barely… not. I guess I'll pick one up, then.

On second thought, you may want to double check that. I haven't personally put one of mine into an NF. It looks like it would fit but you might want to see if someone else has used it first (I just can't recall at the moment). Otherwise, the springs are only $4, and if it's too wide you can always use it in something else.

#54 Swords

Swords

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 09:45 AM

Out of curiosity, who lets you play with a singled titan? I certainly wouldn't be willing to let you shoot me with it.

Well, my singled titan doesn't have the pump plugged, So it's really not all that dangerous. Plus, I normally load 4 darts down the barrel so it's a bit less powerful. My titan really hasn't been modded to the max.
SuperGeek.

#55 Seven

Seven

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 03:54 PM

Mine is big salvo. I just broke the baralls on it so I have to replace with brass. :o

#56 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 06:46 PM

Wait, 7, your secondary is a Big Salvo? It is kind of big for a secondary, and it has the ranges of a primary. If you consider 80 feet the range of a primary. :o
QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#57 nerf 4 t w

nerf 4 t w

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 08:57 AM

Nitefinder,no ar's,or mabea a friends stock crossfire. :D

#58 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 10:19 AM

I used to carry around a Nitefinder, but now that I'm getting my modded arsenal back in shape, I'm not sure if I want to go with a sidearm. For one, the advantage of a pistol--when I had one--was that I could load it by just pushing a dart down the barrel with my finger. This was something I could do without looking and while running. Now that the east coast finally switched over to minis, I'm not sure I see the point of carrying around one more barrel or ramrod I've got to keep track of and having to load the spare gun all the time. What do you guys think?

Edit: I hear some people have had success with putting an extra o-ring on their plunger so that it creates suction when cocked, and that you can use this to pull the dart into the back of the barrel. Is this legit?

Edited by Langley, 08 May 2008 - 10:24 AM.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#59 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 10:27 AM

It's legit, but not for tight-fitting darts. It's kinda picky with the dart sizes; too large and the friction will be too great, too small and even the smallest air leak around the dart will cause it not to work.

That being said, I've had it happen before; if you have very consistent darts that fit your barrel perfectly, then yes, it'll work.

~ompa

#60 sam

sam

• Members
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 10:30 AM

I've just started using shorter barrels on all my stuff. Nothing bigger on than 3" on my spring pistols, so I can get the dart pretty close to the back of the barrel just by using my finger, of just use another dart as a ramrod (my darts are a bit bigger than 1.5"). The only exceptions are my SFs and my SM750. I feel like the performance on the SFs and SM750is worth ramroding, and the SM750 has a coupler, so I don't even need to ramrod that.

As for vacuum loading, just make sure you put something at the back of the barrel so the dart doesn't get sucked into the plunger tube.

#61 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 10:35 AM

It's legit, but not for tight-fitting darts. It's kinda picky with the dart sizes; too large and the friction will be too great, too small and even the smallest air leak around the dart will cause it not to work.

That being said, I've had it happen before; if you have very consistent darts that fit your barrel perfectly, then yes, it'll work.

~ompa

I just put some etape under the o ring on my nf and it will vacuum load. I don't know about sizes, though. It has no problem vacuum loading CDTDs into the petg, and they are a pretty loose fit.
Your dreams were tight like a baby

SGM's Shred Shop -Mod Service

NerfHaven's resident drama queen.

#62 mintee

mintee

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 02:22 PM

Spideys. 3-shot mini air-gun that actually hurts people from close range.

#63 Nonsense Man

Nonsense Man

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 03:57 PM

My splitfire or my nitefinder. But I might get a sm750 soon and go sf + sm750.
QUOTE(1lastnerfgun @ Apr 19 2008, 08:39 AM) View Post

40 shots for 40 cocks

#64 madmax

madmax

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 05:28 PM

Sidearm: either my NF hooked onto my belt/pants or my splitfire.

Also, in regards to loading darts while on the run. All of my guns have couplers and speed-loaders. It makes everything much easier.
Tech Target Breech
Zues Bottom of page

Trespassers will be used for scientific experiments

DAMN! I just lost the game...

#65 psychoswan

psychoswan

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 09:22 PM

I carry two sidearms. one is my modified diskshot, I think it has a better spring then the NF, though i carry one of those as well.
INCONCEIVABLE!

#66 raw shrimp

raw shrimp

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 11:47 PM

What is this nitefinder sidearm business? In some rounds I just use my nitefinder as a primary.

#67 Crimmy

Crimmy

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 11:48 PM

What is this nitefinder sidearm business? In some rounds I just use my nitefinder as a primary.

Maybe it's because it was made as a sidearm..... Just a thought.

#68 raw shrimp

raw shrimp

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 11:49 PM

Uh......so.....

#69 mintee

mintee

• Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 02:03 AM

Uh......so.....

Great comeback there, kiddo. Way to present an argument.

Because people want more range and rate of fire in a primary. One that can really whip them out fast or far. A NF can only do that with extensive modding. They want a small, dependable secondary to fall back on which complements their primary weapon. Therefore, a minimized NF does the trick.

#70 nerfer75

nerfer75

• Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 09 May 2008 - 06:14 AM

I'd use my modded DT3 Pistol.... man, I love that thing.
---nerfer75---
And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.--Revelation 20:15

#71 nerf 4 t w

nerf 4 t w

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 07:00 PM

modded Nitefinder(no air restricors/rubber band on back)and um...yeah,thats it B)

#72 AlaskaRecon

AlaskaRecon

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 07:51 PM

My new side arm is...wait I don't use side arms anymore, The iron man magstrike totally rocks out. So I guess my new side arm is the next clip. Most people think that the pumping of a magstrike will get you killed, but i can turn a magstrike into a shoot as you pump. I'm so happy with it. If i had to choose a side arm I would still have to go with the Maverick, It has the same rapid fire capability, and it shoots stephans over 50'.

OK your an idiot. unless you drip your darts in cyanide and put a sharp metal piont on the front YOUR NOT GONNA DIE
Now i use an almost stock NF the stock part will soon change

Edited by AlaskaRecon, 18 May 2008 - 07:53 PM.

"How did he get hit with friendly fire?"
"His throat, ran into my knife"

OH go and Nerf with you Neopet!
Why dont yo... why did you have to bring that up?

#73 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 07:54 PM

My new side arm is...wait I don't use side arms anymore, The iron man magstrike totally rocks out. So I guess my new side arm is the next clip. Most people think that the pumping of a magstrike will get you killed, but i can turn a magstrike into a shoot as you pump. I'm so happy with it. If i had to choose a side arm I would still have to go with the Maverick, It has the same rapid fire capability, and it shoots stephans over 50'.

OK your an idiot. unless you drip your darts in cyanide and put a sharp metal piont on the front YOUR NOT GONNA DIE
Now i use an almost stock NF the stock part will soon change

Dude, look at the date. You called some one an idiot who post on APRIL FIRST. Whats today? May 18. Who is the idiot?

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#74 Oni Kadaki

Oni Kadaki

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 11:12 PM

I currently use a recon as my sidearm. For those of you who are wondering how I use a gun as bulky as the recon as a sidearm, I wear a photographer's vest when I am nerfing. The large pouch in the rear of the vest makes an excellent holster, even for a gun as large as the recon.

#75 messergasm

messergasm

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 10:44 AM

I finished my new secondary yesterday; a chopped, singled 2k with a copper-over-cpvc breech, goo delete, pump plug, and a maverick grip.

Posted Image

The breech.

Posted Image

Edited by messergasm, 19 May 2008 - 11:03 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users