Photo

Crossfire Shield Mod

25 replies to this topic

#1 Flantre

Flantre

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 01:16 AM

Well I thought it was about time I gave back to the nerf community. So here is an easy way to make a dart holder out of a crossfire shield.

First thing is first get your shield ( I don't think I need to post a picture of this) and start to cut off the foam. After your done, it should look roughly like this.

Posted Image
Posted Image

After doing this start sanding down the surface of the shield

Posted Image
Posted Image

Next start cutting one and a quarter inch sections of cpvc. Then start gluing them onto the shield and your done.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Well thats it...

PS: I felt that this should be posted under modifications because I am altering something not making it out of scratch.

#2 lionhead333

lionhead333

Aslan

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 05:51 AM

I'm sorry, but couldn't you just leave the fabric on the 'shield,' and hold a couple times more darts? This seems like more work than necessary to me.

Props for a newish idea, though.
QUOTE(Ubermensch)
If I were you, I wouldn't mess with the mods, or make stupid mistakes like misspelling their names. I mean, CAVV is really tough on that kind of thing

Most recent write up-
Sharpshooter 2

#3 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 06:25 AM

This would be awesome as a turret.
Timothy M-Lick <3

#4 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 12:52 PM

I like it, but I still would have kept some of the fabric, and added another row of CPVC. But kudos to a creative idea. I also think it would make a good stefan rack, to let them dry on. Or just fill one with the CPVC bits and mass produce them, you know, for a war. Make like 800.

Edited by Bomberman, 31 March 2008 - 12:53 PM.

QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#5 Flantre

Flantre

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 02:35 PM

I like it, but I still would have kept some of the fabric, and added another row of CPVC. But kudos to a creative idea. I also think it would make a good stefan rack, to let them dry on. Or just fill one with the CPVC bits and mass produce them, you know, for a war. Make like 800.

It is a great stefan rack, in fact I just made a batch a few hours ago. The only reason I didnt add more CPVC is because it was around 4am when I started and I really didn't feel like finishing it. I myself found the fabric to be completely useless, but thats a matter of opinion I guess.

Quick edit: If anyone else has a shield they would like to sell I would be glad to buy.

Edited by Flantre, 31 March 2008 - 02:37 PM.

#6 MOD it

MOD it

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 03:34 PM

Is there any other mods that have to do with crossfires besides barrel replacement/minimization? I really like this idea and plan on doing it later but I want to do more with my crossfire without integrating it into another one. If you could post links or pm me that would be great!

#7 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 04:42 PM

Hey, mod_it, you probably have'nt been on the site very long, so just to tell you, you should'nt really post stuff like "Are there mods for this gun? Can someone show me?". You want to use the search function. But to help you out, most mods that you would ever want, would be in the Modification Directory. If you do a creative mod, it could be added to the directory for other people to perform on their nerf weapondry. As for the crossfire, there are'nt really any other mods, only little additions to increae rnage, such as spring replacements, spring additions, or you could add a few pennies, or a bolt to the back or the spring (s) to add more tension, resulting in more range. I'm not sure, but you might be able to add a maverick spring, or maybe a scout spring. I hope this helps.

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#8 Silencer

Silencer

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 04:53 PM

Great and creative mod. I would suggest putting another row when you get the time. Great job!
TMC

#9 MOD it

MOD it

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 05:27 PM

Hey, mod_it, you probably have'nt been on the site very long, so just to tell you, you should'nt really post stuff like "Are there mods for this gun? Can someone show me?". You want to use the search function. But to help you out, most mods that you would ever want, would be in the Modification Directory. If you do a creative mod, it could be added to the directory for other people to perform on their nerf weapondry. As for the crossfire, there are'nt really any other mods, only little additions to increae rnage, such as spring replacements, spring additions, or you could add a few pennies, or a bolt to the back or the spring (s) to add more tension, resulting in more range. I'm not sure, but you might be able to add a maverick spring, or maybe a scout spring. I hope this helps.

No I was'nt trying to ask "If there are any mods for this gun" I was trying to ask if there were some people that have done something creative like this but with the crossfire becasue i already looked through the modification directory and already did as much as i can from there. you know like how not all write ups get in there.

#10 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 05:47 PM

No, I was just trying to gove you some advice so you don't end up like the other countless new nerfers/members that have been banned for asking a question that seems obvious. And I was not trying to insult you, make you feel dumb, etc. I did'nt know that you had searched, there are just a lot of other dumb people out there, and I have seen them get banned. But you did search, right?

#11 Flantre

Flantre

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 06:13 PM

Great and creative mod. I would suggest putting another row when you get the time. Great job!

I just got some more cpvc today I will update in a few.

#12 MOD it

MOD it

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 07:49 PM

No, I was just trying to gove you some advice so you don't end up like the other countless new nerfers/members that have been banned for asking a question that seems obvious. And I was not trying to insult you, make you feel dumb, etc. I did'nt know that you had searched, there are just a lot of other dumb people out there, and I have seen them get banned. But you did search, right?

yea ofcourse i searched before i posted that

#13 Flantre

Flantre

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 11:51 PM

I got the time to finish up this little project sooo

Posted Image

Well there it is, since so many asked.

#14 sputnik

sputnik

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 12:01 AM

Posted Image

Would I be going to far as to say that that is a clusterfuck of cpvc?
tcambre on IRC.

<3

#15 Quilan Fett

Quilan Fett

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 12:07 AM

Holy crap, that's more than 5 feet of CPVC. (5.625 to be exact)
SNAP Shotgun

This guy can see the future!

QUOTE(pokemaster @ Mar 3 2009, 04:18 PM) View Post

hasbro in a nerf war!!!!! dude the will cancel it and confinscate are guns

#16 Flantre

Flantre

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 12:09 AM

Holy crap, that's more than 5 feet of CPVC. (5.625 to be exact)

Honestly the cpvc only ran me about $3. I think that it was worth it though.

Edit: Although it does contain more then 5 feet of cpvc it has a really good weight to it.

Edited by Flantre, 01 April 2008 - 12:18 AM.

#17 MOD it

MOD it

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 12:51 AM

Posted Image

Would I be going to far as to say that that is a clusterfuck of cpvc?

And hot glue! MY GOD!!!

#18 Silencer

Silencer

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 03:00 PM

That is pretty carzy; I thought you were just going to add one more circle of PVC but that's better.
TMC

#19 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 03:07 PM

As far as using mega-lo amounts of CPVC, its more.. meh. CPVC is soo cheap, I can get 10 feet for about 4 or 5 bucks. And paint adheres to it well too. But it is even more functional as a shield now, that is one hell of a dart holder, and, [sarcasm] you might even catch some other people's darts in it! [sarcasm/] But I love it. By the way, how many sticks of hot glue did you go through there? 10?

#20 Flantre

Flantre

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 04:52 PM

As far as using mega-lo amounts of CPVC, its more.. meh. CPVC is soo cheap, I can get 10 feet for about 4 or 5 bucks. And paint adheres to it well too. But it is even more functional as a shield now, that is one hell of a dart holder, and, [sarcasm] you might even catch some other people's darts in it! [sarcasm/] But I love it. By the way, how many sticks of hot glue did you go through there? 10?

I went through around 5-6 glue sticks. All I did was apply glue to the cpvc before I glued it on. Anyone think that I should paint it?

Edited by Flantre, 02 June 2008 - 11:30 AM.

#21 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 05:05 PM

If it was me I would probably get some of that expanding spray foam and fill in the gaps and then sand it all nice and smooth... In fact, when I get some money I just might do that.

#22 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 05:40 PM

If it was me I would probably get some of that expanding spray foam and fill in the gaps and then sand it all nice and smooth... In fact, when I get some money I just might do that.

Hey, Kid Flash, that is a really good idea. I like expanding foam, I saw it on a Maverick mod with Straws a while back. That would make it really clean if you sanded the top like you said. And Flantre, I don't think you should paint it, you can't get inside the CPVC enough to make it look cool, instead of a ghetto paint job like my poor BBB.. :D It looks more beastly as is. And it is a fully functional shield in my book.

Edited by Bomberman, 01 April 2008 - 05:40 PM.

#23 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 05:42 PM

Hey, Kid Flash, that is a really good idea. I like expanding foam, I saw it on a Maverick mod with Straws a while back. That would make it really clean if you sanded the top like you said. And Flantre, I don't think you should paint it, you can't get inside the CPVC enough to make it look cool, instead of a ghetto paint job like my poor BBB.. :D It looks more beastly as is. And it is a fully functional shield in my book.

You could however dip them in vinyl dye... Then they would look very clean.

#24 Flantre

Flantre

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 12:36 PM

Well I was just going to sand everything even but that foam spray sounds awesome. Would you happened to know where I could buy some? If I can find some I will update with pics of how it looks.

#25 Flantre

Flantre

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 07:54 PM

Sorry for the double post put I really wanted to share this pic!
Posted Image

Since I didnt post any pics of the shield with darts in it there it is. I will update again after the paint job and foam spray. If someone beats me to it I would like to see what it looks like so post a picture!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users