Let's rock

226 replies to this topic

#76 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 10:21 PM

Thus far, everything is looking good. Provided OMC can give me a ride, I don't see any issues coming up. I just have to make sure that one last event will not coincide with the war. So for now, I'd say I'm an almost definite, as I will have nothing to do, and will not be in Wisconsin, and only one somewhat hazy event might be an issue.

~ompa

#77 Twitch

Twitch

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 08:05 AM

I could go for a 4.5 hour road trip; count me in.
"If Groove was a woman, I'd totally have asked him to go home with me tonight ...is that weird?"
~bpso86

"Being a moderator on NHQ is like being a judge in the Special Olympics."
~JediJoe9

#78 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 08:13 AM

God Damn-it, what about Vinny Chase!?!?!

Remind me again Groove, is DCNO the war I thought was beneath me, or was that anything at Mill Creek? Being an asshole is so confusing sometimes.

VACC

#79 adama

adama

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 09:40 AM

Noob here,

I might make the short drive from UMBC. We have quite a few nerfers here but its very unorgnized so Ill see who else I can bring with me.

Adama +1 to 3 others as a maybe

#80 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 11:06 PM

I'm gonna try to come. I'm like a 80% chance I think. As long nothing important comes up on the 24th, I should be there...

Question though, I haven't been to a bonified Nerf War yet, so are we allowed to pick up darts that are lying around during combat and use them? Or should I go out and buy/make 50-200 darts for myself and carry a bag full of them during the game or what?
[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#81 shadowkid33

shadowkid33

• Members
  • 633 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 05:38 AM

Question though, I haven't been to a bonified Nerf War yet, so are we allowed to pick up darts that are lying around during combat and use them? Or should I go out and buy/make 50-200 darts for myself and carry a bag full of them during the game or what?

Make your own. We do what are called 'dart sweeps' at the end of every round. What happens is we all go around the playing field looking for any darts we can find. Then, we throw all of the darts into a big pile and YOU take the darts YOU made out of the pile and reuse them. So, in addition to making darts, make sure they have a 'special marking' on them, like a green dot (use a sharpie) on the tailend.

I'd recommend making about 400 darts.

Edited by shadowkid33, 15 April 2008 - 05:40 AM.

how the heck do you make a double clip?

Here are the steps.
1. Go to the search button in the right corner of the screen
2. Click
3. Search double longshot clip.

i dont have time, jeez, im new here!

#82 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 06:28 AM

Make more then 60 but not less then 200. 60 isn't enough 200 is too much.
Timothy M-Lick <3

#83 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 08:22 AM

I guess I have my work CUT out for me. :P But during a game, am I restricted to my own darts? Or can I pick up ones that have already been used? (Ignoring the obvious possible size issues of being too tight or too loose)

#84 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 09:09 AM

You can use whatever is on the ground. Just don't assume you can keep them.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#85 chalywong

chalywong

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 11:29 AM

put me down as a maybe, I'll find out if I'm a definate closer to the date.

#86 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 02:18 PM

Of course. And thanks for the anwsers guys! I'm gonna try to see about making FA24-style darts... time to head to ACE again.

#87 Kuhlschrank

Kuhlschrank

• Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 03:08 PM

Of course. And thanks for the anwsers guys! I'm gonna try to see about making FA24-style darts... time to head to ACE again.

Maybe I've been staying in the Nerf Wars forum too much without venturing out, but what style of stefans did forsaken come up with?

I remember a few years back when everyone and their mother tried making their own different design of stefan, shortly after the zeroes arrived, if anyone here even remembers those.

I do not remember any new designs since then.
+Kuhlschrank+ of the ~Lawnchair Mafia~

#88 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 03:12 PM

The darts he was firing at last apoc were standard micro stefans. Foam, weights, hot glue.

The only new varient of note I've seen is the Felt disk and Washer variety that Slug's been using.

#89 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 03:23 PM

Make more then 60 but not less then 200. 60 isn't enough 200 is too much.

In my experience, 250 is the magical number. There isn't any heavy brush, but there are some crevices and such near the buildings where you probably can't (or don't want) to reach into. Updated headcount in the original post. Feel free to ask any general rule or logistics questions, I will be going over everything again anyhow at the war date.

-Groove

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#90 bpso86

bpso86

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 03:48 PM

I'm leaning toward coming, but I'm going to have to hammer out details first. If I do come I'll be traveling with Twitch. I thought the drive was shorter, but Google maps says that it's 8 hours from Cincinnati... hmm...

#91 three Chord me

three Chord me

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 10:12 PM

I have word that a modicum of representatives from the UMD contingency plan to attend. Limited primarily to those they know can follow rules.
So put down Squishy +2 to +4 as definite

I will be coming with squishy and we may bring one more with us
but no more than 4 people total will be coming from UMD

#92 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 09:21 PM

Alright, well I've explicitly told all party members involved in planning the other event to not plan it on the 24th. I have told them several times. The event however is something that I cannot skip out on.

But since I've told them all, several times, that I cannot make it if they plan it on the 24th, I should be good to go.

EDIT: I think plans have solidified for the 30th. As far as I'm aware, I'm in.

As such, count me as a definite. And OMC, I'll be PM-ing you closer to the war. See you fuckers at the war.

Also, anyone have a pulsator with enough balls to last a round? Or, if anyone has some LS clips they'd be willing to sell, I will gladly buy them at $6 each. Or if you've got 3 of them, I'll buy all of them for $21. PM me if you have shit to sell and you'll be at DCNO.

~ompa

#93 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 10:07 PM

Stick Thirst in the possible column. I spoke to him on AIM about it and he expressed interest in coming.
SexD Warves

#94 Skitzo

Skitzo

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 07:06 AM

If my arrangement with keef works out I should be there.
I'm driving to his house and then hitching a ride from there.
My car simply won't make the 4 hour + drive, also with the gas issue.
Titan kid should be along as usual.
I've wanted to go to this field for a while, now it will finally happen.
See you guys there.

Skitzo-
If soldiers were to begin to think, not one of them would remain in the army.- Frederick The Great

#95 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 07:40 AM

This war is going to be nucking futs.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#96 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 12:10 PM

If this thing ends up with 30-40 people showing up, it's going to be fucking nuts. Can the area hold that many people? Because if it can't, we're obviously going to have some issues.

Also, if anyone has anything to sell, but doesn't like selling stuff online/doesn't have access to paypal, feel free to PM me a list of what you have. I'm starting to build up my Baltimore arsenal, and as such, I'll be buying stuff at DCNO.

Also, OMC, how much room do you have in your car? I have 2 friends that are interested in going along. I don't know for certain yet, as they haven't quite planned their schedules yet. But if you have room, and are willing, do let me know.

~ompa

#97 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 12:22 PM

If this thing ends up with 30-40 people showing up, it's going to be fucking nuts. Can the area hold that many people?

Yes, it should.
I may have to bring some obstacles to setup in the open fields.

#98 Ryan201821

Ryan201821

Prince Edward

• Contributors
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 02:27 PM

This war is going to be nucking futs.

Agreed.

I'm very excited for this.

Also, if anyone has anything to sell, but doesn't like selling stuff online/doesn't have access to paypal, feel free to PM me a list of what you have. I'm starting to build up my Baltimore arsenal, and as such, I'll be buying stuff at DCNO.

I might have some stuff I'm willing to get rid of...I'll pm you.

Edited by Ryan201821, 22 April 2008 - 02:27 PM.

#99 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 06:12 PM

Sweet Jesus. I'm away for a couple days, and our attendance is literally bursting at the seams.

Alright, not to worry. As Slug mentioned this venue can hold anywhere from 20-35 comfortably, and with the added expanse of the field we'll be in good shape in terms of being able to accommodate any others should the situation arise.

Just a reminder for all those interested in buying / selling / trading (because it looks like there's going to be a lot of that going on) to save said activities for water breaks and lunch time, IE not between rounds. We have people flying in for this war, so I want to get as much field time as possible for us. I'm not going to be a dick about it, just use your heads on this one.

-Groove

P.S. ~ Cross your fingers for good weather.

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#100 NerfMonkey

NerfMonkey

• Members
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 12:08 AM

Looks like we've got a clusterfuck on our hands, gentlemen.
SexD Warves

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users