Photo

My Review Of The Airzone Crossbow

Or "Just toys" crossbow, or whatever the hell you call it.

5 replies to this topic

#1 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 06:14 PM

Today, I purchased the purple and orange crossbow from TRU, the one seen in this video,

This blaster seems overlooked, there is only one mod on here for it, and no one ever talks about it. It's pretty decent, in my opinion. First off, what makes this blaster unique is the fact that is does not have a handle. The trigger is a little green tab at the back, but it is still pretty easy to use/aim.

The range is okay with the arrows it comes with, about 30 feet. The arrows look the same size as NERF arrows, but are slightly smaller and have rounded tips, unlike the flat tips on BBB arrows. The arrows are interchangeable, but NERF arrows go about half as far because they are too loose. The plunger is very long, and the gun itself is about 2 feet long. The blaster is bigger than it looks in the video, for those who haven't seen it. This blaster is only $14, which I think is reasonable. This blaster also seems to have a decent spring (EDIT:Bungee, sorry) in it. The only thing I don't like about this gun is the lack of ammo storage, there's nowhere to put the 2 spare arrows on the blaster.

Overall, I like this crossbow. I recommend it to anyone with a fascination with crossbows, or arrow weapons. I know this has modding potential, but I haven't gotten to modifying it yet.

So, what do you think? It's not the best gun in the world, but I like it. Feel free to ask questions.

-Captain

Edited by Captain, 30 March 2008 - 11:53 AM.

I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

#2 Quilan Fett

Quilan Fett

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 06:27 PM

Actually, there have been more tan one mods.

http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=10129

http://nerfhaven.com...topic=9216&st=0

Also, DON'T CUT THE STRING IN THE BARREL. It is the bungee that powers the gun.
SNAP Shotgun

This guy can see the future!

QUOTE(pokemaster @ Mar 3 2009, 04:18 PM) View Post

hasbro in a nerf war!!!!! dude the will cancel it and confinscate are guns

#3 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 06:30 PM

Actually, there have been more tan one mods.

http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=10129

http://nerfhaven.com...topic=9216&st=0

Also, DON'T CUT THE STRING IN THE BARREL. It is the bungee that powers the gun.

Well, I missed that one that was painted black. Was it in the directory?

#4 Jedijoe9

Jedijoe9

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 07:20 PM

I have to say, I laughed at that video. It looks like some guy spent his spring break pretending he was James Bond with a crossbow. Everybody just sort of ignored him too. Ha.

As for the blaster itself, it's a pretty interesting concept- A bungee instead of a spring. I'm assuming that means it's probably fairly quiet, which could be nice. I noticed in the video though, it seemed like the guy had trouble cocking it- It almost looked like it had a finicky catch. Have you noticed that to be true or was it just me making things up in my head?
"If you watch jaws backwards it's about a huge shark that throws up so many people that they need to open a beach."

I nerf like a four year old.

#5 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 09:05 PM

I have to say, I laughed at that video. It looks like some guy spent his spring break pretending he was James Bond with a crossbow. Everybody just sort of ignored him too. Ha.

As for the blaster itself, it's a pretty interesting concept- A bungee instead of a spring. I'm assuming that means it's probably fairly quiet, which could be nice. I noticed in the video though, it seemed like the guy had trouble ing it- It almost looked like it had a finicky catch. Have you noticed that to be true or was it just me making things up in my head?

From observing the video and the behavior of the bow, I could tell that there were two people behind the camera, one holding the camera itself and the gun, and the other loading it/picking up the ammo. The catch on the gun is fine, it's just you don't expect to have to pull the plunger back so far, that you miss and have to try again.
I don't know what it is about it, but I like this gun.

Edited by Captain, 30 March 2008 - 10:54 AM.

#6 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 08:59 AM

I have one that I'm using on a project. It is pretty quiet, since the only thing you hear is a small piece of plastic on the plunger hitting a piece of foam. There's not much you can do to it besides cut/drill out the restrictor, paint it and maybe replace the handle.
Teehee.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users