Photo

Magstrike Clips?

28 replies to this topic

#1 supercellghost

supercellghost

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 01:50 PM

Does anyone know how to order Magstrike clips?Thanks.

#2 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 01:52 PM

They are not offered as a standalone product at the moment. Not through hasbrotoyshop.com or through direct order.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#3 ChiliPepperFender

ChiliPepperFender

• Members
  • 599 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 01:53 PM

They might be on the Hasbro website or you could try to buy one off someone here. Just a suggestion.

EDIT: Yeah, Sluggy's right, and I just checked the website, nothing.

Edited by ChiliPepperFender, 29 March 2008 - 01:54 PM.

[The Blue Tiger][Manta Star]
WTS: Stock Crossbow. PM me if you have interest.

#4 supercellghost

supercellghost

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 01:58 PM

Man that sucks.My ironman magstrike only came with one clip.

#5 OfAllTheNerf

OfAllTheNerf

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 02:40 PM

If you posted a wtb in the trading section, I'm sure someone would have an extra couple or so (not for free, ofcourse).
[color=#FF6600][Finesse]-[BitchX]

#6 guitarhero412

guitarhero412

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 08:37 PM

If you posted a wtb in the trading section, I'm sure someone would have an extra couple or so (not for free, ofcourse).

umm.. wat is wtb? i seriously need a magstrike clip and is willing to give 1o b ucks for one clip

#7 Disturbed

Disturbed

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 08:43 PM

umm.. wat is wtb? i seriously need a magstrike clip and is willing to give 1o b ucks for one clip

Wow... just wow. I'll leave the scolding and everything else to the guys upstairs, so I won't appear to be backseat moderating. or will I?
If you nerf in Washington, I am a host of SANO, Seattle Area Nerf Out. PM me, would love to add you to the Washington nerf crew.

#8 Glint

Glint

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 09:05 PM

Here's what I got back from Hasbro:
(read bottom to top)

Response (Charlotte) 02/17/2009 04:40 PM
Hi,

Thank you for contacting Hasbro, Inc. We are pleased to be able to respond.

No specific reason. All decisions on our products are made by our marketing team.

Again, thank you for contacting us.

Customer 02/17/2009 04:33 PM
Thanks for answering my question Charlotte.

But if you sell separate Recon and Longshot clip replacements, why not Magstrike clip replacements? I respect your descision, but do you have any particular reason as to why they aren't sold separately?

Response (Charlotte) 02/17/2009 04:26 PM
Hi,

Thank you for contacting us Nerf N Strike Magstrike. We appreciate your interest in our product line.

Unfortunately, the clips you have requested are not available separately. Your request will be shared with the product team for consideration.

We would be glad to assist you with any further inquiries you may have concerning replacement parts for our products. Please let us know if we can ever be of further assistance to you.

Customer 02/15/2009 01:51 PM
Hello Hasbro.

I am very fond of my N-Strike Magstrike. I recently picked one up when I found it at my local department store, and I enjopy playing with my siblings using other Nerf Blasters I own.

One thing that I'm discontent about, however, it that the N-Strike Magstrike only comes with one clip/magazine. I've heard from friends that the Dart Tag version came with two clips/magazines. I find this very unfair, as the Dart Tag versions are practically impossible to find in stores now.

I was wondering if it would be possible to order separate Magstrike clips for my N-Strike Magstrike, so I don't have to buy new Magstrikes just to get clips for them. I hope this is possible, aas I think very highly of Hasbro, and would love to have another reason to have as to why you're company is so great. ALso, I simply love playing with my Magstrike.

Thank you very much.

Thanks there Charlotte.

Supposedly they'll discuss it within the marketing team... but most likely I'm just another email to be brushed off.

Edited by Glint, 17 February 2009 - 09:05 PM.

This has spiraled beyond uselessness into utterly stupidy.
- VACC
Read it again until you figure it out.

#9 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 09:37 PM

Rather then contacting them for the item as a stand alone SKU you might try contacting the replacement parts department.
Forgive my spelling and grammar. I post from my cell phone a lot. Sometimes when I'm on the can at work.

#10 KingBouyah

KingBouyah

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 01:40 AM

Rather then contacting them for the item as a stand alone SKU you might try contacting the replacement parts department.

That's what I was thinking as well. I bought an MS from a thrift store, and it didn't have a clip with it. I tried to contact them via email about replacement parts, but I received no response.

#11 lambchop

lambchop

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 11:18 AM

You could try Amazon or Ebay. I found a couple of clips in target and at thrift stores.
Just keep swimming just keep swimming STOP

#12 DJ Mashbot

DJ Mashbot

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 05:03 PM

This is my experience with the Hasbro Customer Service people. I edited out my personal info.

Recently you submitted a question to our Consumer Affairs team. Below is a summary of your question and our response.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

If your issue remains unresolved, please update this question here.

Subject
Is there any way to acquire more clips?

Discussion Thread
Response (Jolene) 01/21/2009 12:43 PM
Hi (Name),

Thank you for contacting Hasbro regarding your Iron Man N.R.F. 425.

Your satisfaction is very important to us. We will be happy to ship the replacement clips at no charge to you. Your order will be sent under separate cover to the address you provided.

We are sending the replacement clips to:

(My name and address I registered with were here)

Shipping will be done as quickly as possible.

We appreciate having the opportunity to assist you. We hope you will enjoy our products for many years to come.
Customer (My name was here) 01/03/2009 09:12 PM
Dear Hasbro,
I recently purchased an Iron Man N.R.F. 425 (among other Nerf blasters), a model identical to the Nerf Magstrike. Unfortunately, while all the other blasters I own have refills available, I could not find any refill clips for the 425/Magstrike. Obviously getting darts is not a problem, but is there any way to order replacement clips for this item?
Auto-Response 01/03/2009 09:12 PM
These answers were automatically selected for your consideration. If your issue is addressed in our FAQs, a link to the answer will be given. If no answers are listed or the answers do not match your question, then there were no answers matching your issue.

TO FINISH SUBMITTING YOUR QUESTION, PLEASE CLICK THE EMAIL US BUTTON BELOW.

A Consumer Affairs Representative will respond to you.

Question Reference #090103-000481
Product Level 1: Iron Man
Product Level 2: N.R.F. 425 Blaster
Category Level 1: Replacement Parts lost, misplaced, etc.
Date Created: 01/03/2009 09:12 PM
Last Updated: 01/21/2009 12:43 PM

Warmest Regards,

Jolene Cabral
Consumer Affairs
Hasbro, INC

They took a few weeks to respond, but sent me a free clip a few days after responding.
QUOTE(dizzyduck @ Apr 1 2009, 09:14 PM) View Post

Forget about ranges; range means nothing if your blaster is a giant rattle after three shots.

#13 Draconis

Draconis

I am not Lord Draconical

• Members
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 05:12 PM

They took a few weeks to respond, but sent me a free clip a few days after responding.

That's why I like Hasbro. That is pretty awesome. I have seven clips and five Magstrikes, so I probably don't need more...

Edited by Draconis, 18 February 2009 - 05:41 PM.

[15:51] <+Noodle> titties
[15:51] <+Rhadamanthys> titties
[15:51] <+jakejagan> titties
[15:51] <+Lucian> boobs
[15:51] <+Gears> titties
[15:51] <@Draconis> Titties.
[15:52] <+Noodle> why is this so hard?

#14 TantumBull

TantumBull

• Moderators
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 05:29 PM

I just tried what you did, DJ. Hopefully it will work.

#15 DJ Mashbot

DJ Mashbot

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 05:51 PM

I am pretty sure it has to do with how you file your question. Notice that I filed mine under replacement parts for the Iron Man Magstrike? For those of you who don't know how customer service departments work, most responses are scripted. They usually just see a certain phrase or keyword, apply it to the category at hand, and select a response multiple choice style. I hope this works for you too, Tantum. I didn't want to post this in trading and shit all over someone's sale, but I hope this helps people get a magstrike clip.

Forget about ranges; range means nothing if your blaster is a giant rattle after three shots.

#16 BJ Williams

BJ Williams

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 12:11 AM

I posted a similar discussion, tried what DJ suggested and Ive got a clip on its way

#17 death by cheez

death by cheez

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 04:02 PM

IF you are going to Royal Oak for SOF then I could hook you up with a clip or 2.

http://fairview.dead...eadfrontier.com

Great game, zombie apocalypse MMORPG. I'm acer34p3r on there.

#18 Fome

Fome

• Banned
  • 312 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 01:51 PM

Hmmm...

I tried it using a very similar format to DJ Mashbot's and they're not buying it. Think they're getting wise to us or should I simply try again?

Anyone else have any luck?

#19 BJ Williams

BJ Williams

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 05:35 PM

I havent received a clip from Hasbro...to those who got it from them how long was it before the clip arrived?

#20 Glint

Glint

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 10:19 PM

Hmmm...

I tried it using a very similar format to DJ Mashbot's and they're not buying it. Think they're getting wise to us or should I simply try again?

Anyone else have any luck?

Yeah, I tried practically the exact same format as Mashbot and it still came back the same.

What did you classify it under?

- VACC

#21 DJ Mashbot

DJ Mashbot

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 10:46 AM

Question Reference #090103-000481
Product Level 1: Iron Man
Product Level 2: N.R.F. 425 Blaster
Category Level 1: Replacement Parts lost, misplaced, etc.

Date Created: 01/03/2009 09:12 PM
Last Updated: 01/21/2009 12:43 PM

I'm sorry to hear it isn't working. Since Hasbro seems good about making replacement parts available, I'm not sure what their reason would be for denying a request. I could wildly speculate they might be releasing magstrike clip packs for retail, or I may have just gotten a really nice person at Hasbro.

#22 Fome

Fome

• Banned
  • 312 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 02:44 AM

Yeah, I tried practically the exact same format as Mashbot and it still came back the same.

What did you classify it under?

Replacement parts.

I'm going to try again.

#23 BJ Williams

BJ Williams

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 02:22 PM

My clip arrived Tuesday from Hasbro. Thanks for the help amigos

#24 Glint

Glint

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 03:48 PM

Yeah, I've tried like 4 times with different options and stuff and get the same computer generated response back every time.

Ah well, I can always pick some up from the community if I really need them.

Edited by Glint, 05 March 2009 - 03:48 PM.

- VACC

#25 Equilox

Equilox

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 04:00 PM

Hmmm...

Hopefully enough of us have bugged them they'll consider making them available to order. (It would be a sad opportunity to pass up.)
"In my Zombie plan I use my arsenal of foam to fend of the hoards of the undead as I make my way to Canada....... good luck to you Simmons."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users