At3k Leak

7 replies to this topic

#1 Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Prince Dangus

• Administrators
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 28 November 2003 - 06:39 PM

I'm having a big problem. I just finished my god damned AT3K (I had to hacksaw it open.), which I singled because I needed a good single-shot rifle and because I screwed up the rotating turret-thing. Now, I have a wierd leak that only happens one of every ten times, and it only leaks on the first pump. If I pump it a second time, no air escapes. Anybody got any advice? Just so you know, I'd rather not open it. There has to be, like half a roll of duck tape covering the front and keeping the barrell straight.

Unholy Three: DUPLUM SCRTA, DUPLUM PROBLEMA (2009)

But Zeke guns tend to be like proofs by contradiction

Theoretically solid but actually non-constructive

Rnbw Cln

#2 TualatinNerfer

TualatinNerfer

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 28 November 2003 - 07:09 PM

Did you hot glue the over pressure valve on your pump? B/c you might have a tiny piece that kinda flaps over every on and then. idk.

To be honest, you might as well just leave it alone. From what i understand after the funky pump, it still works. It really doesn't sound that bad. I would just leave the gun alone. Cut your loses on a botched job.

Well accually, if i was me i would end up taking all the tape off, and finding the damn leak.

#3 Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Prince Dangus

• Administrators
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 28 November 2003 - 07:11 PM

Well, actually, I did plug the pump. Well, at least with four pumps, this thing feels like it releases a MASSIVE amount of air!

EDIT: I just opened the gun, against my own request, and haven't found anything visibly wrong with it.

Rnbw Cln

#4 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 28 November 2003 - 08:53 PM

It's not uncommon for the air tank to fail to seal properly on the first pump. This happens even more often if you get plastic dust in the tank valve during your mod. Either way, blow some compressed air down your barrel or spray a little WD40 down there and it may help it seal better. It also may just improve over time on its own.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#5 Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Prince Dangus

• Administrators
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 28 November 2003 - 09:04 PM

I took your advice, and sprayed some WD-40 down the barrel. I don't think it helped, because I always spray WD-40 down the barrel to reduce friction with the dart. It hasn't really helped yet, so I'll check back on it as soon as I get back from my oboe lesson.

Rnbw Cln

#6 cooldood31

cooldood31

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 28 November 2003 - 09:51 PM

It's a bit off topic but Ice Nine, how did you get the barrel assembly off your at3k? is is just singled or is it a clip or breech loader?

#7 Ice Nine

Ice Nine

Prince Dangus

• Administrators
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 29 November 2003 - 12:45 PM

Well, I checked on it again this morning. Now, something is SERIOUSLY messed up. More than half the time, I try to pump it and the air pressure pushes the pump back out while I'm pumping. If I do manage to pump it, I have to pump it three times very fast in order for it to hold air pressure.

Rnbw Cln

#8 Arcanis

Arcanis

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 29 November 2003 - 08:39 PM

.....Now, I have a wierd leak that only happens one of every ten times, and it only leaks on the first pump. If I pump it a second time, no air escapes.....

This is a problem with the Airtech Line...

The Air Release Valve shaft. ^_^ Damn, when that thing gets unaligned, no air can get into the chamber. What you have to do is make a brace...

-Take a BIC Pen.
-Remove Spring From Shaft.
-Measure length of Spring, and cut a section of BIC to match.
-Cut a vertical slit in BIC Section.
-Slip on BIC section, and then shove the little orange piece at the end of the shaft into the end.

-Cover in duct tape:

Bic Section

Then Duct Tape it ( BIC Section) onto the "bump" at the end of the shaft (The end opposite of the "Orange Piece".)

PS: Thank Webby.

-i hate the yankees as much as the next guy, but i'm only sixteen and i'm not ready for the ice age, or the apocalypse...whichever the great bambino has destined for us. -Rawray7

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users