Photo

3k Tank Issue

6 replies to this topic

#1 zx532

zx532

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:34 AM

I have a 3k tank, whenever any sort of pressure is used though, the pin actually pulls out of the seal, and nothing useful happens. Are there any fixes for something like this?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Progress: Just a long line of people saying "See? I told you it could be done"

#2 roboman

roboman

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:56 PM

It's not generally an easy fix. You basically want to get some sort of an adhesive between the pin and the rubber part (super glue works, if I recall correctly), but in order to do that without getting that glue on the sealing face, you typically have to open up the tank. You might be better off just replacing the tank, if you can get a spare from someone. I've actually been having this same issue with the latest batch of 2K tanks, and I'm really not sure why.

Youtube

LS and Retaliator boltsleds are currently available at https://www.facebook.com/RoboM8/

#3 zx532

zx532

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:08 PM

Do you think it would be feasible to thread a screw into the plastic piece to hold it in place on the trigger pull?
(I mean one of the ones with a larger head that Nerf typically uses to hold extension springs in place)

#4 zx532

zx532

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:09 PM

Do you think it would be feasible to thread a screw into the plastic piece to hold it in place on the trigger pull?
(I mean one of the ones with a larger head that Nerf typically uses to hold extension springs in place)

#5 roboman

roboman

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:11 PM

It's possible, yes. You might want to put a washer under the screw's head. Just make sure it's not long enough that it tries to push the pin out of the plastic.

Youtube

LS and Retaliator boltsleds are currently available at https://www.facebook.com/RoboM8/

#6 He Who Mods

He Who Mods

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 04:31 PM

This happened to my 2k after only a few shots. I used the super glue method-which is EXTREMELY tedious and now it works fine. I dripped a tiny bit of glue in after I positioned the pin and then quickly pulled it all the way back to avoid it adhering to the outlet. Be very careful not to let superglue run down the rubber and ruin the seal.

Also, is that tank inside a Rayven? I wonder what that is going to be.

Edited by He Who Mods, 17 September 2013 - 04:42 PM.

#7 The Nerfaholic

The Nerfaholic

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:51 PM

The problem I had with the super glue method was it leaked a tiny bit afterwards. I lubed the front face of the rubber seal but I doubt that's what caused it. Just a warning super glue may not fix it.
Roses are red, And violets are blue. One day we'll cruise down Blood Gulch avenue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users