Recon Bolter

12 replies to this topic

#1 Nexios

Nexios

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 07:09 PM

Hey all,
I've been lurking on these forums for awhile now and I think I finally have something to contribute.
I bought the new Nerf Recon a few weeks ago and noticed almost immediately that the main pistol portion has a striking resemblance to a 40K Space Marine bolter. All it's really missing is the sickle shaped magazine. Here's a link for those of you who don't know what a bolter is:
Bolter
I've seen a few people who have modified the longshot/recon magazine to accommodate more darts, so someone may be able to help me. I would like to make a sickle magazine, possibly out of a few original pieces, or a completely homemade setup would work too. I'm really new to the whole Nerf mod scene and I have limited tools, but any help would be appreciated.
Thanks much
"Quando omni flunkus moritati."
-When all else fails, play dead.

#2 xNFx 37

xNFx 37

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 07:25 PM

Well, making a roundish magazine would be hard. The hardest part would be not to have your dart follower/darts to jam in the rounded section.

To fix that you might just have to make the clip like 1/2 or so bigger depending on the curve.
it also has a cock on it

-Chief

#3 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 07:30 PM

The easiest way I can think of is getting some Plexy glass and cutting out a curve shape and E-poxying it to the original clip. Do this to both sides. To fill of the gap in the middle use some Metal Bondo. It works wonders in filling up gaps. Hope this helps.

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

#4 Quilan Fett

Quilan Fett

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 09:23 PM

Uurgh, it's:

A. Plexiglass
B. Epoxying
SNAP Shotgun

This guy can see the future!

QUOTE(pokemaster @ Mar 3 2009, 04:18 PM) View Post

hasbro in a nerf war!!!!! dude the will cancel it and confinscate are guns

#5 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 09:47 PM

I don't think there is a practical purpose in making the banana clip, maybe you should just make the curved part purely cosmetic.
I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

#6 Quilan Fett

Quilan Fett

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 11:11 PM

Now I remember.

http://www.nerfhq.co...g78619#msg78619
SNAP Shotgun

This guy can see the future!

QUOTE(pokemaster @ Mar 3 2009, 04:18 PM) View Post

hasbro in a nerf war!!!!! dude the will cancel it and confinscate are guns

#7 H34V3N 53NT 50LD13R

H34V3N 53NT 50LD13R

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 03:23 PM

I agree, the whole clip would need to be purly cosmetic. Plexiglass seems like a good material to work with, sturdy and matches feel of the gun. I just recently got one too, planning on doing the same thing. Try doing this to get you started:
1.)Slip magazing into gun and measure how far it goes into the gun before stopping.
2.)Make the magazine blueprints and cut plexiglass into shape.
3.)Glue/epoxy/weld/whatever the sickle mag parts onto origional mag from gun.
4.)Let dry, test fit into gun, and test how darts fit into magazine. If all goes well...
5.) BLAST IT UP!!!!

Hope this helps!
Violets are blue,
Roses are red,
Were commin aboard,
PREPARE TO EAT LEAD!!!!

#8 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 03:46 PM

Old topic.

#9 nightfinder

nightfinder

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 10:09 PM

Old topic.

Do you seriously need to say that? :blink:
NerfGrassHopper
R u gay ur sig makes it look so.. just lokin' for anotha gay nerfer...

#10 umdlancer

umdlancer

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 09:38 AM

Yes, he did. There was nothing critically important that couldn't have been handled by a PM to the OP going "Hey, are you still working on this? If so, here are some things that could help..."

#11 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 02:20 PM

Old topic.

Do you seriously need to say that? :blink:

Did you need to say that?
Anyway, this is an old topic, and when posting in a topic more than a month old, don't. PM the creator, and say what you would in the post.
QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#12 n3rf-v4mp1re

n3rf-v4mp1re

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 08:44 AM

i'm currently working on a longshot mod for the Mk2 Bolter ( or the Old Bolter http://www.nickleedo...r_main_big.png)

but i was tossing about the idea of the newer Mk3 Bolter ( http://images4.wikia...dard_Bolter.png ) with the grip a the fromt as a fore-grip mod. and yes i will be doing a full write up on the cosmetics that i will do.

my point is that i have resurved the fact that the curved clip of the bolter is not practical enough to be worth the effort, so what i will do is just make a housing to go over the stock clip to make it look like a bolter clip

#13 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 09:42 AM

Forgetting that this topic has been dormant for more than a year, why the hell was it neccessary to post any of this? Even if you weren't speaking some mangled version of the language, this would not be acceptible. This is your only warning. Follow the COC and refrain from annoying the shit out of me, or your account is gone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users