Photo

Magazine Breakthrough Being Re Done

15 replies to this topic

#1 dartmaster01

dartmaster01

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 02:59 PM

I am in the process of improving this post so its not anyware near finished/I finally have some pics but there on a link the first one is the hole design. Im not entierly shure if you can see them cause when i tried the link it didnt load. if you see it please reply.

I have made an amazing breakthrough well expiremanting with diffrent style magazines.
I have discoverd that drum magazines are more efficient.

I am a n00b on this site but am not to nerf.

Its not a normal drum magazine like in the tommy 20, it's like a real drum magazine. This post will know make more sence thanks to CaptinSlug. The great thing about this drum magazine is, that you do not need to mod the gun you are makeing it for.
This post will be for the longshot

You will need the following supplies:
  • A saw, or other tool that can cut wood
  • Two Dim Sum steamers one big one, and one small
  • A stock magazine ie. longshot magazine
  • Epoxy glue
  • Two long but weak springs
  • Very thin rubber tubing
  • Some foam board
Heres my supplies when I was planning out my drum
http://Neruf Guns\Project 1
This is my plan when it was still in the prototype stage

You have to cut off the magazine just under, where the clip goes into the gun.
To start off this project you should start with cutting your stock longshot magazine. It should look like this

Then cut a hole the same size as the bottom of the clip into the side of the steamer. Make shure the clip fits into the gun.

Next take your epoxy glue and glue the smaller steamer into the center of the larger steamer.
Then cut some foam board big enough to fit inbetween the, smaller steamer and larger one.
Its the divider in the above pic, do the same for the top, exept put it on an angle, like in the above pic.
This is the Transfer plate in the above pic.
Now take the thin tubeing and cut 4 peices, then glue them onto the side of the steamer.
In the diagram it is the follower guide.
Now cut a peice of foam board and cut grooves into the side so it can fit over the tubeing.
This will be the follower.
Dont put the follower in yet, first take the two springs and epoxy glue both in like in the diagram.
Then epoxy glue the other end of the spring to the follower.
Finaly cut a peice of foam board the same diamiter as the steamer. After this use something the keep the on the front of the drum. I used tape but it doesnt work to well.

Now you have a drum magazine.

sorry for the bad directions and wording im more then happy to take any suggestions on improving this post and yes im getting more pics

Edited by dartmaster01, 29 March 2008 - 06:39 PM.

#2 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 03:08 PM

Fix your post quality. It's in the Code of Conduct and it is enforced.

Also, thread is pretty useless without pictures so from now on it would best to wait to post until you can provide them.

Your directions alone don't make much sense because the materials you mentioned are not enough to make a working drum magazine. A drum magazine has to have a patch track for the rounds, a follower, a spring, a transition ramp, and a top that is compatible with the weapon.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 28 March 2008 - 03:09 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#3 dartmaster01

dartmaster01

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 03:13 PM

Fix your post quality. It's in the Code of Conduct and it is enforced.

Also, thread is pretty useless without pictures so from now on it would best to wait to post until you can provide them.

Your directions alone don't make much sense because the materials you mentioned are not enough to make a working drum magazine. A drum magazine has to have a patch track for the rounds, a follower, a spring, a transition ramp, and a top that is compatible with the weapon.

first how do you suppose i improve the quality
also sorry for no picks my account just got verified and i had to blurt it out
im getting some pics
and thanks now i know y my drum keeps getting jamed

#4 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 03:18 PM

Capitalize properly. Punctuate properly. Avoid run-on sentences. Use paragraphs for idea or topic changes. Use bulleted or numbered lists for process steps.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#5 dartmaster01

dartmaster01

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 03:21 PM

Thanks Captin Slug like i said im a big n00b on this site.

#6 Richomundo

Richomundo

• Members
  • 196 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 03:28 PM

first how do you suppose i improve the quality

Just edit your posts for clarity and spelling/grammar. Add some detailed photos and you'll do a lot better than those who flame others for spelling/grammar and contribute nothing.

ninja edit: slug beat me to it.

Add some photos of what you've made. A picture is worth 1000 words.

Edited by Richomundo, 28 March 2008 - 03:29 PM.

#7 dartmaster01

dartmaster01

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 03:48 PM

Thank you to everyone that is helping me improve this post. I know a picture is worth a thousand words, but when i made this drum magazine i hadnt discoverd this website. so i didnt take any pics of the production process. when i make my next one i will remember to take pictures.

#8 bigbadmole

bigbadmole

• Banned
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 04:29 PM

do you want to get banned ? read the code of conduct
owned in the face

me

#9 Quilan Fett

Quilan Fett

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 04:52 PM

Also, it's epoxy, not apoxy.
SNAP Shotgun

This guy can see the future!

QUOTE(pokemaster @ Mar 3 2009, 04:18 PM) View Post

hasbro in a nerf war!!!!! dude the will cancel it and confinscate are guns

#10 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 05:38 PM

BigBadmole, he apologized. Cut him some slack. He is like a newborn horse that doesn't know how to use its legs. But cool idea,about the drum magazine, it has never crossed my mind that much. It would be very cool to have one on a BBB. 20 round drum. Pure bliss. And dartmaster, before you post, just read over it a few times, and see if it sounds clear and easy to understand, and make any corrections on grammar/spelling. And for topics like this, make sure you have pics before you post it, and give full direction. By the way, this should be posted in the "Homemades" forum, not modifications though.
QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#11 dartmaster01

dartmaster01

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 06:46 PM

BigBadmole, he apologized. Cut him some slack. He is like a newborn horse that doesn't know how to use its legs. But cool idea,about the drum magazine, it has never crossed my mind that much. It would be very cool to have one on a BBB. 20 round drum. Pure bliss. And dartmaster, before you post, just read over it a few times, and see if it sounds clear and easy to understand, and make any corrections on grammar/spelling. And for topics like this, make sure you have pics before you post it, and give full direction. By the way, this should be posted in the "Homemades" forum, not modifications though.

thanks can you move a post to another section

#12 Shadowblade

Shadowblade

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 08:14 PM

The idea of a drum mag for a LS sounds very promising. I'll be tracking this homemade for sure, and pictures would be nice, as the others have mentioned.

Btw, welcome to the Haven! ^_^
Proverbs says, "The wise man doth not shoot the Viking in the ding ding for he shall pummel thee."

But you can totally shoot Vacc there, he loves it!

~Talio

#13 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 08:34 PM

I had the idea of making one of these, but I didn't have the resources or the skill to do it. I'm interested to see what it looks like, pics are a necessity.
I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

#14 dartmaster01

dartmaster01

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 07:49 AM

im having a trouble loading the pics ive checked in the help thing, i cant find anything about this.

#15 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts
  • State:New Jersey

Posted 29 March 2008 - 08:42 AM

http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=1497
Teehee.

#16 MoonMaster

MoonMaster

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 09:10 PM

bigbadmole: Have you yourself read the code of conduct? Your post lacks puctuation and capitalization.
Bomberman: Just what you asked for.

5. Protip: sarcasm is good for making someone else look like more of an idiot than they already do. However, if you are an idiot to start with, using sarcasm just makes you look like a COLOSSAL idiot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users