Mod For Cps 2500

Wondering about it...

5 replies to this topic

#1 Jappo

Jappo

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 28 November 2003 - 01:26 AM

I recently modded my CPS into a loser Rifle. I Took apart the gun, carefully cut off the spout, removed the air restrictors/washers/mesh, and added a 3/4" to 1/2" coupler. I then proceded to add a 22" long PVC Barrel (1/2"). It takes about 15 pumps to get it to reasonable pressure, and 20 to get it to its maximum. I was just wondering if PVC is the best to be using with a air pressure loser rifle or if i should try and switch it over to a telescoping brass barrel. Another thing is if i hot glued the hole in the pump would it make pumping take less time/pumps. Any info would be helpful.

P.S. I havn't fully range tested but I'm guessing this gun shoots about 120' at 20 pumps.
"When life gives you lemons, you squish those lemons into the eyes of your enemies." - Jappo

#2 TualatinNerfer

TualatinNerfer

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 28 November 2003 - 01:42 AM

pcv makes a good barrel
I used 7/8 cpvc on my cps 500. it shot stefan megas it worked ok

What kind of darts are you planning on shooting?

#3 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 28 November 2003 - 02:32 AM

There's no reason to use a nested brass barrel in an air pressure gun. You might benefit from a standard brass barrel though, depending on what sort of darts you're using.

Optimally, you'd want to use 1/2" micro stefans with brass/CPVC/PETG or whatever tubing fits your FBR so that it slides in smoothly without too much resistance and without a gap between the dart and barrel. It's sort of an open-ended question in any case since all FBR is slightly different in size and you just need to find something that fits your darts.
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#4 Jangadance

Jangadance

• Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 28 November 2003 - 05:29 AM

About plugging up holes and so forth: feel free to test around with different internal Super Soaker modifications, I would be excited to hear your results. Not much work has been done on internal mods, so it's not entirely certain what plugging said hole would do. Post your results if you do any other sorts of mods!
"The 'dance goes on..."

#5 Doom

Doom

NH's Official In-House Physicist

• Administrators
  • 559 posts

Posted 28 November 2003 - 11:03 AM

I think you should do the Collosus mod to that 2500. Read how to do it here. You could also do a check valve freeze, it's a common SS modification allowing you to overpump. If you didn't already, remove the reservoir, too.

Edited by Doom, 26 August 2004 - 04:58 PM.

#6 Jappo

Jappo

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 28 November 2003 - 12:52 PM

Thank you guys for all your suggestions. I will proabably test out some internal mods this weekend.
"When life gives you lemons, you squish those lemons into the eyes of your enemies." - Jappo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users