I Just Found Some Dirt

On Larard

6 replies to this topic

#1 Quilan Fett

Quilan Fett

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 12:08 PM

I just found this link while screwing around on google. Now, it isn't about the "Total X-Treme Air" division of Lanard, but I thought some here might find it interesting.

http://209.85.173.10...lnk&cd=21&gl=us

Edited by Qui'lan Fett, 28 March 2008 - 12:09 PM.

SNAP Shotgun

This guy can see the future!

QUOTE(pokemaster @ Mar 3 2009, 04:18 PM) View Post

hasbro in a nerf war!!!!! dude the will cancel it and confinscate are guns

#2 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 12:14 PM

It's basically saying that a (marketing/engineering?) company sued a mechanical engineering company, both of which were subsidiaries of Lanard. They sued because they didn't explore other (potentially safer and/or more functional) possibilities when designing their products. The lawsuit was overturned in the end saying that "it is irrelevant" so on and so forth.

Good stuff.
Teehee.

#3 Quilan Fett

Quilan Fett

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 12:23 PM

I didn't see that one. I did see the part where they labled one of their cars "Humvee" and AM told them they had to remove it.
SNAP Shotgun

#4 eddieoctane

eddieoctane

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 02:08 PM

I didn't see that one. I did see the part where they labled one of their cars "Humvee" and AM told them they had to remove it.

That, and the fact that squared off corners are not patentable was all I got out of that article.

I find it hilarious that GM got shot down in court. I'd like to know how GM and AM General can claim ownership of a military designation, as the military decides the label on all its various projects. Good for Lanard, sticking it to GM, when GM is trying to go for a money grab. It seems a bit like Gibson Suing Activision after they decided to drop their contract for the design of the Guitar Hero controller. Gibson is going for patent/copyright violations for sales of guitars which were produced under license, before the contract was dropped.
C8H18

#5 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 08:05 PM

Lanard is kinda weird. I mean, a while back, a guy said he sold an eagle eye on ebay. (Don't remember who) And he said he received a check signed "The Lanard Toy Company." And here's this lawsuit...
I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

#6 Quilan Fett

Quilan Fett

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 09:14 PM

Um, how is that relevant?
SNAP Shotgun

#7 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 09:31 PM

Um, how is that relevant?

The guy who sold it said that maybe the company bought it so they could study their competitor's past products. I don't know, it's not that relevant. I just thought it was weird.
I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users