What Parts From A Maverick?

Could i put on a nitefinder.....?

9 replies to this topic

#1 Crimmy

Crimmy

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 09:24 PM

So i bought my nitefinder today...And i found got a free maverick because the woman at target was being nice...So i got the two of them...so i get back home and find out the maverick is broken but all the parts are still inside it so i was wondering what parts can i put in the nitefinder from the maverick? would the o-ring fit? and the spring would it break my new little toy? Thanks for all the help

PS if any of the mods feel this topic has no point feel free to close it...i'm just an idiot to modding so i felt i should ask before i broke anything

#2 Thomas

Thomas

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 09:29 PM

Put the spring in the NF. I did it, and it's better than just a barrel replacement. Mod the turret, and then buy another maverick, make the turrets interchangeable, and viola, two good indoor guns.

#3 Salmon

Salmon

• Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 09:35 PM

Do you mean the guns shell is broken, or the inards? If it is the latter, you might be able to make a NiteMav v2, depending on what parts are broken.
Welcome to I-dont-care-isburg, population: me.
We're located in I-Don't-Give-a-Damn County, in scenic Shut-the-Hell-Up-achussets.
Maybe you're familiar with our annual charity drive where we ask for shit, and no one gives any.

#4 Quilan Fett

Quilan Fett

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 10:22 PM

Before you do anything, why don't you post some high quality internal pictures of the mav? It might be an easy fix.
SNAP Shotgun

This guy can see the future!

QUOTE(pokemaster @ Mar 3 2009, 04:18 PM) View Post

hasbro in a nerf war!!!!! dude the will cancel it and confinscate are guns

#5 donz2323

donz2323

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 11:51 PM

Do you mean the guns shell is broken, or the inards? If it is the latter, you might be able to make a NiteMav v2, depending on what parts are broken.

I think this is a good idea but you also realize you will be losing the some range in exchange for 6 shots. You have to make sure the rotation mechanism is in good shape.

If the gun is basically stock, the thing that went is probably the pullback bar. In which case there have been a few good ways to repair.

Ohh messing with the clip may decrease range and reliability, just a heads up.

#6 Crimmy

Crimmy

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 04:53 PM

For some reason all the screws are broken on the maverick.. there is no head to them....also there is a crack in the tube.. so whenever you shoot the air releases

#7 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 04:58 PM

For some reason all the screws are broken on the maverick.. there is no head to them....also there is a crack in the tube.. so whenever you shoot the air releases

Well, if none of the screws have heads, 1. you need a dremel to get it open. 2. that's probably why it was free. And about the crack in the tube, your screwed there.
QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#8 Crimmy

Crimmy

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 05:04 PM

Well, if none of the screws have heads, 1. you need a dremel to get it open. 2. that's probably why it was free. And about the crack in the tube, your screwed there.

Yeah it was an open item... Thats why i was trying to put something like an o-ring or the spring on the nitefinder

#9 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 05:21 PM

So you can easily open it? Then put the spring maybe in a Crossfire if you have one. I say CF instead of nitefinder because I maverick spring will not nest inside of a nitefinder spring. I have tried, and failed.
QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#10 Quilan Fett

Quilan Fett

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 09:29 PM

Is the outer tube or the inner tube broken. The outer has the same ID as 3/4" Sch40 PVC, I think. As for the inner, you can just cut the back and front off and splice a different tube in.
SNAP Shotgun

This guy can see the future!

QUOTE(pokemaster @ Mar 3 2009, 04:18 PM) View Post

hasbro in a nerf war!!!!! dude the will cancel it and confinscate are guns

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users