Question About Barrels

Modifications

14 replies to this topic

#1 Predalien Ro

Predalien Ro

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 06:24 PM

Ok, so I was in the middle of my frist modd, an attempt to turn a maverick into a loser pistol, but found out that the plunger is broken and I can't fix it without melting the thing. My basic idea now is to replace the plunger by putting a secret strike pocket gun into the maverick, and doing the needed modifcations to fit it in there. I'm certain it can be done, but I'll never know until I get my hands on one of those pocket guns. Meanwhile, I've read a bit on the forums about barrels and how sometime you need the extended barrel, and sometimes it better to not have it. So I'm asking everyone to tell this newbie over here the basic rules about modding the barrel, and any tips you could give me about my modding idea. The idea also was to have the extended barrel be removable, in the same way for the Recon and the Longshot. Some of this information may already be on the forums, but I'm a newbie, and that search function likes to dick with me. Please!.....help me out

Edited by Predalien_Ro, 26 March 2008 - 09:00 PM.

Toilet paper is for your ass, not your nerf gun.
Try craft foam if you want to add cushioning to the handle.

#2 xNFx 37

xNFx 37

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 06:38 PM

Carrtoon's mod (Nite-Mav) shows you how to mod the barrels. Not sure about the other stuff though.

find the nite mav in the Mods-Directory.
it also has a cock on it

-Chief

#3 Predalien Ro

Predalien Ro

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 06:43 PM

Carrtoon's mod (Nite-Mav) shows you how to mod the barrels. Not sure about the other stuff though.

find the nite mav in the Mods-Directory.

I did but it's just basicly putting PVC in the six chambers or something like that. I wanted to extend the barrel at the very end of the gun, like the longshot's secondary gun can come off and put back on....but now that I think about it, does it really help the longshot or does it shorten the distance that the dart can make?

#4 raw shrimp

raw shrimp

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 07:49 PM

I think that you should try a nite mav. I would probably get better ranges. As for the barrel thing, you could try having a barell glued on to the plunger, then add a coupler to end of it, where the dart would come out. That way you could add a longer barrel and take it off if you need to.

#5 Predalien Ro

Predalien Ro

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 08:26 PM

I think that you should try a nite mav. I would probably get better ranges. As for the barrel thing, you could try having a barell glued on to the plunger, then add a coupler to end of it, where the dart would come out. That way you could add a longer barrel and take it off if you need to.

I thought the same thing, but then it wouldn't look as cool as I wanted it to, plus using a Night mave would mean having to load a dart in after every shot, so I figured it would be faster to fire off darts with the Maverick. The other modification I did to it before getting into the plunger was having the barrel turrent come out like a clip, similar to Captain Slug's clip modd for the maverick.

#6 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 08:35 PM

You dont have to reload until you fire off all 6 shots. It still uses the rotation mech.

#7 Predalien Ro

Predalien Ro

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 08:44 PM

You dont have to reload until you fire off all 6 shots. It still uses the rotation mech.

that's the whole point of it! to use that to increase the rate of fire which I think is better than using a nightfinder....
Oh if it helps, I'm basicly trying to improve (CAP)_Blue_Beret's maverick modd in my own way....

#8 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 08:50 PM

that's the whole point of it! to use that to increase the rate of fire which I think is better than using a nightfinder....
Oh if it helps, I'm basicly trying to improve (CAP)_Blue_Beret's maverick modd in my own way....

but you dont have to reload until after 6 shots... unlike what you posted

plus using a Night mave would mean having to load a dart in after every shot

#9 raw shrimp

raw shrimp

• Members
  • 160 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 08:52 PM

I think he meant he would have to if he used my idea.

#10 Predalien Ro

Predalien Ro

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 08:58 PM

I think he meant he would have to if he used my idea.

right, what raw shrimp said is what I meant. Sorry for the missunderstanding =_=;

Edited by Predalien_Ro, 26 March 2008 - 08:58 PM.

#11 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 09:03 PM

Just so you know, I noticed in your first post that you turned the mav into a loser pistol. Sn1per on these forums is filtered into loser, and rightly so. That's what little sn1pey mckheadshot deserves.
QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#12 Quilan Fett

Quilan Fett

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 11:07 PM

I don't think the SSPB has enough air output for even a cpvc'd mav turret, let alone a barrel extension. The pressure chamber on that thing is tiny. I think your ideas might work with a Airtech 2000 but not a sspb. True, the sspb gets good range, but that is because the air is high pressure and released very fast.
SNAP Shotgun

This guy can see the future!

QUOTE(pokemaster @ Mar 3 2009, 04:18 PM) View Post

hasbro in a nerf war!!!!! dude the will cancel it and confinscate are guns

#13 xNFx 37

xNFx 37

• Members
  • 455 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 06:11 AM

To answer your old-ish question. The barrel extension on the LS/Recon decreases range by alot. But If you still want to try it, See IF you can fit 1/2 inch PVC or 3/4 inch in the hole on the front. (the big one)

Also, If you want to make a cooler, less range decreasing barrel extension for the LS, 3/4 PVC fits perfectly inside of the LS's muzzle.

Edited by xNFx 37, 27 March 2008 - 06:11 AM.

it also has a cock on it

-Chief

#14 Quilan Fett

Quilan Fett

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 12:17 PM

I'd check out this thread because it seems he used the sme idea as you and made it work.
SNAP Shotgun

This guy can see the future!

QUOTE(pokemaster @ Mar 3 2009, 04:18 PM) View Post

hasbro in a nerf war!!!!! dude the will cancel it and confinscate are guns

#15 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 09:24 PM

First off, PLEASE learn how to use paragraphs. your first post was pretty hard to read.

So I'm asking everyone to tell this newbie over here the basic rules about modding the barrel

This information is found in 80% of the modification write-ups here. Please read more of them.
http://nerfhaven.com...?showtopic=8622
http://www.nerfhq.co...ds_and_Concepts
http://www.nerfhq.co...?title=Hardware
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users