(Note: Still design)

38 replies to this topic

#26 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 12:57 PM

If you want to spend 20 to 30 minutes of manual labor attempting to save yourself $3.75 then that's your prerogative.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#27 Prometheus

Prometheus

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 11:03 PM

If you want to spend 20 to 30 minutes of manual labor attempting to save yourself $3.75 then that's your prerogative.

I could make $6 in that half hour, doing a job that is less physically demanding, pay to get my tank filled, and still have money to buy a can of beer. Way farther ahead this way.

Good idea Slug.
QUOTE(VACC @ Jan 24 2008, 06:12 AM) View Post
I am NEVER going to sleep naked in the bed of a former child star ever again....seriously

#28 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 01:08 PM

Yeah I too would rather expend my energy enjoying the war instead of filling the tank by hand.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#29 Shadow 92

Shadow 92

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 07:17 PM

Can we please stop thread-crapping Shadow 92's thread about this now?

No, its okay, go on. Its mildly entertaining. <_<

Thanks for all the info on pumps. I won't really need it for this project but its good to know.

You can buy 30000 psi tanks with regulators pre filled at Target, Home Depot, Lowes, Walmart and others for 40 bucks. Refill at paintball shop or scuba store.

Whoa! Looks like you got a little carried away with the zeros there.

Wow, 40 dollars. That will save me a ton latter on. Most of the tanks that I looked at were a couple hundred.

FYI: I'll buy the parts to build the prototype soon. Hopefully, the gun will be built in two weeks.

#30 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 08:51 PM

HPA tanks start at $45. And you CANNOT buy them prefilled. Nobody in their right mind will ship them that way.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 02 April 2008 - 08:53 PM.

#31 Galaxy613

Galaxy613

• Members
  • 999 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 09:23 PM

HPA tanks start at $45. And you CANNOT buy them prefilled. Nobody in their right mind will ship them that way.

Oh goodness. The explosions...
[Former Caretaker of the Guru Mk2]

#32 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 10:29 PM

Kobalt Belt Tanks for use with their air tools.

http://www.lowes.com...1735-J-6901-100

They have been on sale at Target for 45. I'd get one to fill at a scuba store if nothing else.
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

You know what... I know it's kinda late... but Props Cole.
-Baghead

#33 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 10:31 PM

Oh, CO2. Not a good thing to use frequently with plastics.
And since when do scuba shops fill things with CO2? Just in case you slept through Biology class: that's what we EXHALE.
CO2 tanks can be shipped full because the CO2 is a liquid when under pressure. It only becomes a gas when it's pressure is reduced below the tank pressure level via a regulator.
Nobody in their right mind is going to fill a CO2 tank with Oxygen or Nitrogen for you because that's not what the tank is rated for.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 02 April 2008 - 10:36 PM.

#34 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 10:40 PM

SLUG SAID TO DISREGARD THIS. WHATEVER.

Edited by General Cole, 02 April 2008 - 10:51 PM.

We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

You know what... I know it's kinda late... but Props Cole.
-Baghead

#35 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 10:49 PM

Its a few simple calculations to determine what would be SAFE to fill the tank with pressurized air.

Don't do it. Don't tell anyone else to do it. Don't discuss doing it yourself. End of discussion.
You are not the Department Of Transportation. If it doesn't have DOT-3AA or DOT-3AL stamped on the side with an up-to-date hydro test it is NOT SAFE to fill it with more than 100psi of nitrogen or oxygen.

If you're going to be that reckless just be aware that there are far easier methods of suicide at your disposal.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 02 April 2008 - 10:56 PM.

#36 nf33

nf33

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 09:36 PM

well i have been off this site for probly 3 odd years now and i dicide to come back. i was glad when i saw the post for a semi auto but from the quick skim i did over the post here it seems to have changed its focus. anyways back in 2005 i had made a simi auto nerf gun that worked for the most part. the valve was extremly simple and efective but the only problem was the clip. the darts had a habit of geting choped up. the progject was put on halt do to time and lack of funds and i moved on to other stuff. however i never totlay frgot this project. i do belive i have found a way to fix that problem whenever i get back to working on that project. if anyone is intrested in it just send me a pm.

#37 Shadow 92

Shadow 92

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 14 April 2008 - 10:32 PM

I'm dropping this project for another more compact design, but I'd still like to see the desisgn. Can you post it?

#38 nf33

nf33

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 04:12 PM

sure i will try and dig it out (i think it is siting in my closet) i hope to restart this progect soon as it would be nice to finish it. i think i have got the details worked out for the clip and if it goes as planned i should have a smi auto nerf gun working soon.

#39 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 11:52 AM

Fix your capitalization. It's really not that much to ask, it just involves moving one finger occasionally. Also, it's a part of the Code of Conduct.

~ompa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users