Ssii Modification

Retaining two barrels

5 replies to this topic

#1 OfAllTheNerf

OfAllTheNerf

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 07:38 PM

I recently aquired an SSII, and they're nice guns. I knew from previous write-ups that they don't get great ranges, but I think, as a sidearm, anything around 40-45' with two fast shots is decent. I also saw a comment Frost made that his brassed SSII was much more consistent than his CPVC'd one. I have an abundance of brass so...

Here's your SSII.

Posted Image

Unscrew the pump handle. The screws are the nice big screws that the SF and Crossbow have; they come free easily.

Posted Image

Unscrew the rest and crack 'er open.

Posted Image

Now take the plunger rod out of the chamber.

Posted Image

Now pull off the two rubber pieces and pop off the plastic disc.

Posted Image

Now you can replace the spring with whatever you want. I decided to go with adding a tek 1 spring, just because Ace #49 springs aren't quite as long and rattle around after each shot. Here's a pic with a #49 spring on.

Posted Image

Now put the disc, plunger head, and plunger stop back on. Take the plugner head and invert it for a couple seconds. This makes the plunger head flare out wider, creating a better seal. Lube the plunger chamber up afterwards.

Posted Image

Now it's time to rebarrel. I used 4" of 17/32" brass with 1" of 1/2" brass nested in it. Put some etape around it so they fits snugly in the original barrels.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Don't forget to plug this hole on the bottom barrel.

Posted Image

Now glue the two barrels onto the barrel selector

Posted Image

Finished internals.

Posted Image

Close her up and it's done!

Posted Image

Ranges are a decent, the two I measure got 44' and 46', and the others fell close to 45'. With bungee's/bands you could probably squeeze 50' out of it. The great thing is it's dead accurate! Within 30' I should be able to hit anything (unless the opponent is like one of my friends who can dodge anything and/or have a probability flux around him).

Questions, comments?

-OfAll'

Edited by OfAllTheNerf, 24 March 2008 - 07:31 PM.

[color=#FF6600][Finesse]-[BitchX]

#2 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 07:46 PM

Nice mod. Clear pictures too. Is that what you were suggesting in bitchx?

Is it goofy to handle? they are huge for a pistol.
Timothy M-Lick <3

#3 OfAllTheNerf

OfAllTheNerf

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 07:51 PM

Nice mod. Clear pictures too. Is that what you were suggesting in bitchx?

Is it goofy to handle? they are huge for a pistol.

Thank you. I, thankfully, resurected my camera. I almost cracked up at that ^Bold^ :( . No, this is certainly wasn't what I was elluding to. You'll know it when you see it (that is, if it works) ;) .

They are huge, but aren't too unwieldy. I'm working on making a holder out of fabric for it. Personally, I think the size is worth it (you could just turret mod an NF, but that would be a pain to make a holster for). I'll get a size comparison up later.

I actually just painted this too, pics will be up tomorrow.

#4 Salmon

Salmon

• Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 07:51 PM

Wow OfAll' you sure have been going crazy with the mods recently haven't you! :( I didn't know you could nest 1/2" in 17/32" though, and even if you could, isn't 1/2" to tight for most darts?
Welcome to I-dont-care-isburg, population: me.
We're located in I-Don't-Give-a-Damn County, in scenic Shut-the-Hell-Up-achussets.
Maybe you're familiar with our annual charity drive where we ask for shit, and no one gives any.

#5 Captain

Captain

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 07:54 PM

I have two of these, both stock. I got one from a yard sale as a young boy not knowing it's value, good thing I kept it, hehe. The other came from my friend. I might just mod them if I feel like it. Good, clean mod, nice job.

Oh, and keef, I find SS2's to be sort of big, but not giant. They have really nice, comfortable grips and obviously, the two barrels, so they're great.
I don't care what anyone else says, Atom Blasters are fucking awesome.

#6 OfAllTheNerf

OfAllTheNerf

• Members
  • 714 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 07:55 PM

Wow OfAll' you sure have been going crazy with the mods recently haven't you! ;) I didn't know you could nest 1/2" in 17/32" though, and even if you could, isn't 1/2" to tight for most darts?

Yeah :( . I finish up a bunch and post 'em up at the same time. You can, they are one size different from one another. It is tight for most darts, but my darts are quite slim, and it's just the nested part, it's meant to build up pressure (basically it should be pretty tight, too tight to make the whole barrel out of).

Thanks!

Captain, thank you. I agree they're great guns. It's almost nice that they are so big, mainly because I have big hands and alot of other guns have smallish handles.

Edited by OfAllTheNerf, 24 March 2008 - 08:00 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users