Badger
CD-R
Chalywong

Maybe - 4
Biofreak2
Analogkid
Doubleshot
BGKid

I had a good time at the non-ECNO war but am a little anxious to get the next NJ event hosted somewhere that will allow for a slightly faster pace of play. An ideal location would be any setting where OMC won't wreck his ankle inside of 15 minutes.

I'm trying to plan this war for a Sunday which I know is a little unorthodox and could pose a problem for some of you who have to drive back to school. I figure what the hell, I'll give it a shot. I'm honestly not looking for a huge turnout, I like the smaller group at Tindal and would be happy with 12-14 people total.

Let me know who's In, Out, or Maybe.

Edited by Famine, 19 April 2008 - 11:05 PM.

~Famine
of Mag-7
East Coast Nerf 2005: Step It Up.
East Coast Nerf 2006: That's more like it.
East Coast Nerf 2007: I'm not driving to Massachusetts again.
East Coast Nerf 2008: Day of Regret.
East Coast Nerf 2009: Quid pro quo, douchebags!

#2 chalywong

chalywong

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 12:27 PM

I'd love to nerf with you guys. Put me down as a maybe until I can see if I can get off of work.

#3 z80

z80

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 12:39 PM

I should be able to make it, just figure out the location soon so I can tell my mom.

#4 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 01:41 PM

We could have it at the bcno field. Last war there was awesome and that way Parkway could come so could his brother (what is his name again? captain frosty or something... doesn't really matter).

So far I see nothing coming up that would keep me from attending. Also since the date is close to my birthday we could call it TADNO for Ted Appreciation Day Nerf Out.
Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#5 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 01:43 PM

Right now, I'm a no. That weekend is my gf's 25th b-day and I will be in Maryland with her. The first weekend I could go to war after that would be May 17-18, so chances are I won't be making this war at all. Sorry guys.
I hate you.

#6 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 01:52 PM

I agree with Dark Shrimp. Out of 3 major wars, that was my favorite field. Tindal is too woodsey, and dangerous. Vansaunt Park looks great though.

http://www.co.bergen...n Saun Park.htm

We went to the zoo with the neighbors last year, it looked KICKASS.

Oh yeah, Passover is fine for me, thats spring break anyway.
Timothy M-Lick <3

#7 biofreak2

biofreak2

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 02:31 PM

Put me down as a Maybe, I'd have to see if I can get a ride.
Here in Wardog Clan we don't yell "FOR SPARTAAAAAAAA" we yell "FOR SUPERFOODTOWNNNNNNN", ya know mix things up a bit.

#8 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 03:19 PM

Put me down as a definite. I live in Burlington, NJ (08016, exit 47A from 295 and exit 5 from tpk) right off of Rt. 541. I may be able to carpool some people if they're close.

Is there any criteria for a location? I have about 8 acres of woods, near the side of the Turnpike (of course there's a bit of a sound barrier) and I think that the white noise effect could make games pretty fun. Also, my other house in Pittsgrove Township (South Jersey) has a bunch of woods. My house is right by a Walmart, a TRU, a K-Mart, a Mall, a Home Depot, a Lowes, movies, restaurants - just about everything the war needs within a 20 minute walking distance.

There's a bit of brush but I have a hell of a lot of power tools and extension cords to clear it out if you guys like the idea of having it here. Directions to and from my house are EXTREMELY simple. About literally 1 minute of driving from either of the exits I mentioned, and you're at the mall. End of the road is my house (in a development). There are wood piles and ditches, and massive fallen trees all which make good cover. Let me know.
Teehee.

#9 Famine

Famine

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 08:10 PM

Any park that keeps livestock is a definite 'No' for two reasons;
1) It's bad enough recovering darts without worrying about them being eaten by Geoff the Goat.
2) I think most of you would be a bad influence on small, impressionable animals.

Ok. I remember Wilde Memorial Park in BC being pretty fun, my only reservation would be trying to fit more than 14 Nerfers there. So here's the deal: I'll keep a running tally of CONFIRMED attendees, if we get a stronger turnout than I anticipated and wind up with over 14 participants then we will have to discuss an overflow site. My first reaction would be to move the war back to Deal Park in Ocean, NJ (Monmouth County) but I'm more than willing to discuss alternatives. Not being too familiar with Bergen County I don't really know what else is up there. Besides Bennys.

Note: I live approximately here and am willing to drive up to and including One Hour and Thirty Minutes from said point for this war. Consider any park, school, or grandmother's backyard outside of that radius a no-go for this event.
~Famine
of Mag-7

#10 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 08:34 PM

An hour forty is a bit steep for me up to Glen Rock. I'll keep checking though. Famine, you're only 40 minutes from me by the way.
Teehee.

#11 Jlego

Jlego

One Armed Clan

• Moderators
  • 252 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 01:05 PM

At the moment I can definitely make it, so long as either of 2 conditions are met:

1) someone out there is as awesome as OMC and is willing to pick me up from Hoboken and drive me to the war. (THIS IS PREFERABLE. I CAN'T STATE THAT ENOUGH) I would be willing to chip in for gas, assuming I'm not as broke as I am at the moment...

2) Someone can let me know of train stations in the general area that they would be willing to pick me up from and bring me to the war. These stations would be near the war, near where you live, on the way to the war, out of the way, doesn't matter so long as someone would be willing to pick me up (and bring me at least as far as the train station on the way back)

I'd really like to make this war, by then I should have either my crossbow fixed or a plusbow made, because as much as I love my max shot, I prefer my crossbow.

-Jaxon
~Jaxon of the LGLF

Gears: Ice9 and I have a relationship similar to that of myself and Jax.
liska: You snuggles?
Gears: The nerfers most likely to engage in a threesome.

I've seen you use an arrowstorm!!

#12 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 03:32 PM

At the moment I can definitely make it, so long as either of 2 conditions are met:

1) someone out there is as awesome as OMC and is willing to pick me up from Hoboken and drive me to the war. (THIS IS PREFERABLE. I CAN'T STATE THAT ENOUGH) I would be willing to chip in for gas, assuming I'm not as broke as I am at the moment...

2) Someone can let me know of train stations in the general area that they would be willing to pick me up from and bring me to the war. These stations would be near the war, near where you live, on the way to the war, out of the way, doesn't matter so long as someone would be willing to pick me up (and bring me at least as far as the train station on the way back)

I'd really like to make this war, by then I should have either my crossbow fixed or a plusbow made, because as much as I love my max shot, I prefer my crossbow.

-Jaxon

Middletown, Little Silver, and Red Bank train stations are all on the NJCL NJ Transit line coming south from the Hoboken station, close by, and viable options IF we end up keeping it local. If the war stays at Glen Rock these wouldn't really be feasible. Pray for attendants.

#13 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 03:48 PM

I'm there, provided I have gas money leftover from the previous weekend at PCNO.

Edit: Shit, I just saw it was a Sunday. I can't do Sundays, unfortunately.

-Groove

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#14 Famine

Famine

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 04:05 PM

-Jaxon

Hey Jaxon,

Do you live in Hoboken or is that just a convenient pickup point? It looks like the Bergen County Line has a station right in Glen Rock (Boro Hall) that I don't recall being too far from the park. If you can get there than one of us can definitely pick you up and deposit you there afterwards. Hell, you could almost walk.

Maybe one of the locals can offer further comments.
~Famine
of Mag-7

#15 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 11:26 PM

I could pick jlego up at Morristown or Boonton stations.
Timothy M-Lick <3

#16 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 08:58 PM

I don't know how I got under maybe, but I'm still a definite. Thanks.
Teehee.

#17 analogkid

analogkid

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 09:28 PM

Put me down as a Maybe, I'd have to see if I can get a ride.

Maybe if I can get a ride with you, then I might be there. And no, biofreak and biofreak1 weren't registered, that's just the name he uses.

#18 Jlego

Jlego

One Armed Clan

• Moderators
  • 252 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 05:07 PM

Hey Jaxon,

Do you live in Hoboken or is that just a convenient pickup point? It looks like the Bergen County Line has a station right in Glen Rock (Boro Hall) that I don't recall being too far from the park. If you can get there than one of us can definitely pick you up and deposit you there afterwards. Hell, you could almost walk.

Maybe one of the locals can offer further comments.

I currently live in Hoboken, since I'm going to school at Stevens.

Middletown, Little Silver, and Red Bank train stations are all on the NJCL NJ Transit line coming south from the Hoboken station, close by, and viable options IF we end up keeping it local. If the war stays at Glen Rock these wouldn't really be feasible. Pray for attendants.

Like I said, train are an option, not my favorite one, but at least I've been on the Bergen line before, so it's not the worst option ever. (worst option ever being hitchhiking. I'm not willing to get diddled for nerf...)
Whatever happens, expect me to find a way there.
~Jaxon of the LGLF

Gears: Ice9 and I have a relationship similar to that of myself and Jax.
liska: You snuggles?
Gears: The nerfers most likely to engage in a threesome.

I've seen you use an arrowstorm!!

#19 biofreak2

biofreak2

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 11:03 AM

Nice joke Famine.
Here in Wardog Clan we don't yell "FOR SPARTAAAAAAAA" we yell "FOR SUPERFOODTOWNNNNNNN", ya know mix things up a bit.

#20 One Man Clan

One Man Clan

TOFTS

• Contributors
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 02:30 PM

Either post about coming to the war or DO NOT POST.
I hate you.

#21 EvilReaper

EvilReaper

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 08:52 PM

im there
Kabuki 10:43 AM 2-22-08
This makes my CPVC fit stock darts perfectly. They slide right in, without having to twist or turn.

Oh, crap. That's going to get added that hilarious quote to my signature, while playing with my butthole by one of you wierdos, isn't it?

#22 Famine

Famine

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 28 March 2008 - 10:05 PM

First post has been updated to reflect the latest headcount. We're three weeks out and seem right on track for hitting my target attendance of 12-14 (maybe even a few more).

Is anyone in touch with McFlurry's group? I tossed him a PM but haven't heard back, considering that this war is being held in their backyard I figured they'd show more interest.
~Famine
of Mag-7

#23 badger

badger

The Walking Nerf-wiki

• Members
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 29 March 2008 - 12:28 AM

Not sure yet if we can make it. Sundays are rough for me as I have to wake up every so often at 4:30 am on Mondays to take Maryann to work and then go to work myself. Don't count me out completely yet.
As Carbon once said,

"The moment you can no longer see the fun in running around like a little child is the moment you begin to die."

Roses are FF0000
Violets are 0000FF

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

#24 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 11:37 AM

I'm not willing to attend any wars on Sunday. Doesn't give me any time to recover.
The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#25 Split

Split

• Members
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 30 March 2008 - 01:39 PM

Is there a chance to move it to the 19th or no?
Teehee.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users