Photo

How Do I Make A Tactical Rail Attachment?

11 replies to this topic

#1 Yazzeh

Yazzeh

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 05:27 PM

I was staring lovingly at my Recon after modding it to compress the spring more and removing the ARs, and I happened upon a very sweet looking mod to turn the tactical light into a shotgun grip. This gave me an idea, a crazy idea. I want to turn the internals of a Big Blast into a grenade launcher in place of the tactical light, and also turn it into a shotgun grip. In my head it's feasible. I wanted to keep the tactical light intact if possible, so what I'm asking is if it's possible to make your own clip, without very specific and unique tools.

Thanks for any help!

Edited by Yazzeh, 23 March 2008 - 05:51 PM.

#2 bobafan

bobafan

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 05:35 PM

Do you mean the clip part or the rail?

It would be alot easier to just cut the piece off a xfire or NF.
thaygor: all i remimber is pumping it hard and shooting than trying to pump again

---

<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah.i sent them to her dad

#3 Yazzeh

Yazzeh

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 05:50 PM

Do you mean the clip part or the rail?

It would be alot easier to just cut the piece off a xfire or NF.

I mean the clip part. Nite Finders have rails, not clips. I'm going to assume the same for the xfire, because I don't currently own one.

Also, thank you for drawing my attention to my mistake.

Edited by Yazzeh, 23 March 2008 - 05:52 PM.

#4 bobafan

bobafan

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 05:51 PM

xfire has the clip.
thaygor: all i remimber is pumping it hard and shooting than trying to pump again

---

<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.

#5 Yazzeh

Yazzeh

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 06:06 PM

xfire has the clip.

Ah... Well I'm not too fond of the idead of having to spend around 40 bucks to buy a pack of xfires to cut off a clip...

#6 camo

camo

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 06:09 PM

you could take it off the useless sight on either the recon for the longshot, those have the clips

#7 Yazzeh

Yazzeh

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 06:27 PM

you could take it off the useless sight on either the recon for the longshot, those have the clips

You guys are specifically telling me to do the things I want to avoid.
I know the sights and such are useless, but I personally like them. Don't ask me why, I just do.

Also, I don't OWN a Longshot. I'm asking how I might roughly make something that could be used as a clip, that isn't weak or easily broken, with tools that most people would have + a dremel.

Edited by Yazzeh, 23 March 2008 - 06:28 PM.

#8 bobafan

bobafan

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 06:33 PM

Go to your local thrift store and look for a titan, xfire, etc. Nerf guns are usually around $2.

You might be able to rig up a purse clip to work.

Like the clips on the 3rd row.
Posted Image

Edited by bobafan, 23 March 2008 - 06:38 PM.

---

<ktp753>ouch.

#9 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 06:33 PM

The easiest way to do this would be to make your own "clip" out of PVC. There's the method General Cole used in his "POP Point Integrations." The application was questionable at best but the idea could work for what you want. Another way would be mount a PVC coupler on the gun and a small piece of PVC on the part to be integrated and you could just push it onto the coupler.

#10 Quilan Fett

Quilan Fett

• Members
  • 678 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 06:41 PM

You could buy a green light for $8.
it comes with like 10 darts.
SNAP Shotgun

This guy can see the future!

QUOTE(pokemaster @ Mar 3 2009, 04:18 PM) View Post

hasbro in a nerf war!!!!! dude the will cancel it and confinscate are guns

#11 Kanashimi

Kanashimi

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 06:41 PM

Making a clip would be possible, however annoying. You can cut small rectangles of Plexiglas/acrylic/wood/other thin+hard material, and super glue them together. However, in the mod that I saw, the clip wasn't even necessary, because the plastic/wood bars were the ones holding the light attachment/shotgun grip on.

Have you seen a crossfire/strikefire before? I'm asking this because you said $40 for a pack of them. They are $10 guns that use a slide like a maverick. On that slide is a green clip that allows the gun to be attached to any gun with an N-strike rail. If you get one of those, You could just unscrew the slide, pull out the clip, put the slide back together, and still have a working gun + a clip for your shotgun attachment.

Kanashimi

P.s. Wouldn't a BBBB under the Recon's barrel be a bit awkward because of its size?

Edited by Kanashimi, 23 March 2008 - 06:44 PM.

#12 Yazzeh

Yazzeh

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 06:47 PM

Go to your local thrift store and look for a titan, xfire, etc. Nerf guns are usually around $2.

You might be able to rig up a purse clip to work.

Like the clips on the 3rd row.
Posted Image

Now we're talkin'. I like this idea, I might be able to stretch out a really big purse clip and bend it to hold better... Thanks! I'll be trying this first.

By the way, the thrift stores around here rarely have Nerf Guns. I've looked in about 5 of them and I've only ever found a really beaten up Tek Ten.

To imaseoulman:
I can't use a coupler because I want to be able to use the 'grenade launcher' attachment as a shotgun pump.

To Qui'lan Fett:
In Canada, those cost about 12.50, and the main reason I'm putting this out here is not just for my own benefit, but for everyone's. If we have a way to make our own rail attachments at low cost, we can pretty much integrate/reintegrate any gun with any gun that has a rail, at any time. My grenade launcher idea is just what I'm personally focusing on right now, however.

Making a clip would be possible, however annoying. You can cut small rectangles of Plexiglas/acrylic/wood/other thin+hard material, and super glue them together. However, in the mod that I saw, the clip wasn't even necessary, because the plastic/wood bars were the ones holding the light attachment/shotgun grip on.

Have you seen a crossfire/strikefire before? I'm asking this because you said $40 for a pack of them. They are $10 guns that use a slide like a maverick. On that slide is a green clip that allows the gun to be attached to any gun with an N-strike rail. If you get one of those, You could just unscrew the slide, pull out the clip, put the slide back together, and still have a working gun + a clip for your shotgun attachment.

Kanashimi

P.s. Wouldn't a BBBB under the Recon's barrel be a bit awkward because of its size?

While the plastic/wood bars are holding the light attachment on, it's still using the rail for added stability.

I've only ever seen the crossfires here in a dart tag two-pack, which retails for around 35 in Montreal, I believe. Remember that you lucky Americans get your cheaper Nerf guns despite the closed gap between our exchange rates.

The BBBB's internals are slightly bigger than the tactical light, minus the barrel, which will be shortened because it will only be launching the large missles. Also the pump will be relocated.

Edited by Yazzeh, 23 March 2008 - 06:55 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users