Big Blast Pump Problem

It Snapped

7 replies to this topic

#1 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 01:42 PM

My Big Blast's pump handle broke. I am wondering what the best way to fix it is. Like if I should use some metal and adhesive or what. Here is a picture.

Posted Image

Edited by venom213, 29 March 2008 - 09:16 PM.

#2 bobafan

bobafan

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 01:45 PM

Did it just come out of the socket?

If so, just glue it back on with epoxy or JBweld.
thaygor: all i remimber is pumping it hard and shooting than trying to pump again

---

<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah.i sent them to her dad

#3 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 01:47 PM

Did it just come out of the socket?

If so, just glue it back on with epoxy or JBweld.

No, it actually snapped. There is a little peice of the shaft (white part) still in the handle.

#4 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 02:06 PM

At ECNO I could defiantly feel the stress at 11 pumps.

You could drill a hole in it, and through some PVC 90* angle pieces as a new pump.
Timothy M-Lick <3

#5 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 02:35 PM

At ECNO I could defiantly feel the stress at 11 pumps.

You could drill a hole in it, and through some PVC 90* angle pieces as a new pump.

I don't think I was pumping it more than 8 times typically. It was also still stock when it broke. I might try the PVC elbow idea. I have some just sitting around. But if there is a good way to reconnect the original handle that would be nice too.

#6 keef

keef

• Members
  • 1,390 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 02:42 PM

Well, sand and make cut marks on it (scoring it I guess) and put some epoxy on it, but not epoxy putty, and then shove it in and out some bands on it to hold it. It was a clean break, so it should work out well.
Timothy M-Lick <3

#7 imaseoulman

imaseoulman

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 03:13 PM

I can think of a few options. It all depends on how clean you want it to look.
1) Drill a hole through the pump shaft and then glue/epoxy the handle back in place. After the glue/epoxy has set (handling time) take a zip-tie or two and run them through the hole you drilled and around the handle. Cinch them tight and that should be strong enough.
2) I'm not sure if the pump shaft is hollow or not...if it is hollow insert a rod that fits...if it's not hollow drill a hole and insert a rod. Make sure the rod extends from the pump tube to the pump handle then glue/epoxy it back together.
3) Another option is to make a whole new pump handle. Dremel/Sand/Cut/Pry the plastic opening where the pump tube goes through so that 1/2" CPVC can fit through it. Cut the tip of the old pump tube (including the head with o-ring, holes, etc.) and glue that to the CPVC. To make a handle use a Tee coupler (if you want it to be a loop you'll need four elbow couplers as well).

There are more options. One thing to consider is the contact surface between the pump handle and pump tube? Can the tube fit at all inside the handle or did it break exactly where the two meet? If the pump can fit a little bit inside the handle, just epoxying it should be enough (and zip-ties are a nice reinforcement if you're worried about it.

#8 sourskttles772

sourskttles772

• Banned
  • 263 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 02:32 PM

Same thing happend to me. I glued some pencils onto it... Then someone gave me theres.
http://nerfon.smffor...3.com/index.php
One man Clan:
I saw the Crossbow re-release on the shelf at my local Target, but I didn't want to tell anyone because I wanted them all to myself. I hid them all behind Dora the Explorer toys....
[/quote]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users